Welcome to Gaia! ::

FXMLDR's Wife

Hopeless Sweetheart

when they get money they go away never to be heard of
how many games have you backed only to never get information ever again ?

i backed omori, its been months without information
at least homestuck game has a trailer recently, after like a year ?

not video game related but little witch academia 2 was backed 2 years ago but there hasnt been any information either so :/
To fund games that would otherwise not have been made. When you fund a kickstarter, you're not buying a product like you would from a store or steam or something. You become an investor in something that may or may not see the light of day.

Do your research. Make sure the developers you are funding know what they're doing and aren't in over their heads with ambitions greater than their skills
There's plenty of kickstarters that went very well. It's a gamble if you don't know what you're pitching in for. I've only backed two so far.

The remake of Shadowgate.
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.

O.G. Gaian

5,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cart Raider 100
This sounds more like you not being a smart investor than anything wrong with Kickstarter. I backed Mighty No.9 and that's not too far off. Also backed Oyua and that came to pass. Just be smart about what you back up. Do research on the developers.

Sweet Crys's Husband

Magical Shoujo

10,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I backed Shovel Knight and that turned out great.

Dapper Shade

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
Shovel Knight?
Might No. 9?

Are you an idiot?

EDIT; Someone mentioned the Ouya. That's not a good example. Sure it came out and s**t. But it's already essentially, dead in the water.
Project Cars was a crowd funded game and that ended up being released. Been having a blast on the game so far.
Pillars of Eternity is pretty great.
Are you serious right now

i backed omori,

I looked it up.

"OMORI is a surreal psychological horror RPGmaker game. You must travel between two worlds, both welcoming, both concealing the same secrets. Meet new (old) people, fight new (old) enemies, explore your own memories, and uncover some hidden truths along the way (although you wish you hadn't.) When the time comes, you can only choose one."

Is paying people to make games in RPG Maker a thing? I did that for free and for my own enjoyment back in the day.
Fated raison detre
Also backed Oyua

Fated raison detre

Just be smart about what you back up.

User Image

FXMLDR's Wife

Hopeless Sweetheart

Law Abiding Citizen
Are you serious right now

i backed omori,

I looked it up.

"OMORI is a surreal psychological horror RPGmaker game. You must travel between two worlds, both welcoming, both concealing the same secrets. Meet new (old) people, fight new (old) enemies, explore your own memories, and uncover some hidden truths along the way (although you wish you hadn't.) When the time comes, you can only choose one."

Is paying people to make games in RPG Maker a thing? I did that for free and for my own enjoyment back in the day.

I dont usually have money to back up a project but omocat is my favorite artist of all time , so much that sometimes i buy their shirts bc they look cool (but theyre so expensive)

so of course i had to back it, it looked amazing to me

now im really annoyed bc its an rpgmaker game and its been a year with no progress at all but they are still charging $50 for sweaters. i feel like i got scammed

Sparkly Kitten

It sounds like you're not very good at investing.
You need to do your research and decide which things are worth investing in.

Look at the dashcon kickstarter.
They got backers and ran away with the money.
The actual dashcon event was s**t.
The only thing they had was like, what? a ball pit?

But also look at the Bee and Puppycat kickstarter.
Now there's an actual series that otherwise would not have existed without a kickstarter.
It's because Cartoon Hangover and Frederator are actual reliable companies.

Omnipresent Regular

8,175 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User ImageWeen shellan yorra accroad mea, sarla oz enne.
Titil yehah, presia yorr wis yehah, presia yanje.

The only thing I've ever backed on there was a card game by the name of Exploding Kittens.

The kickstarter happened earlier this year and I will have my cards in the mail in July.

I don't think I'd ever kickstart a video game, though.

Dapper Shade

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
Sovi3t Unit
Project Cars was a crowd funded game and that ended up being released. Been having a blast on the game so far.

I mean, kinda hard to ******** up a car game.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff