Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Phantom

6,600 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
i rarely shave because whenever i do, i always get a lot of rashy bumpy stuff on my thighs. also my leg hair seems to grow back at a very fast speed????

are there any specific products that will like......lessen the amount of irritation that i get when i shave? i've even used the extra sensitive stuff but it doesn't seem to do anything

Smoker

this is probably something you already know, but moisturizing your skin after you shave it can do wonders!

Fashionable Powerhouse

Whenever I care to shave, I lather up my legs with conditioner. It moisturizes the skin. And you should always lotion afterwards.

Anxious Browser

Shave the direction of the hair instead of against it, it wont be the closest shave and the hair will grow back quickly but... it might help. I've used an epilator and I love it, and when hairs start growing back if it is something like a hair bump I tweeze it....

You could just not shave.... au naturale. heart

Welcoming Citizen

11,315 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Timid 100
avoid wearing long pants if possible.

Heart Hunter

2,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
I had that same problem there for a while, then I switched over to using the EOS (Evolution of Smooth) brand of shaving cream. It's absolutely amazing, and now I NEVER have issues. Plus, it rehydrates your legs, and it's in lotion form. Both scents I've found are just absolutely mouth-watering as well... so none of that 'gagging-on-your-own-scent-because-hair-removal-cream' crud.

It's pretty cheap, lasts a long time, and is sold in Walgreen's and Wal-Mart here in the states. (At least that I've seen.)

Hope you get everything figured out, one way or another!

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
try shaving with hair conditioner and a men's razor. i use schick quattro and it does great. i have super sensitive skin and have to shave everyday
The Eighth Of Infinity
Whenever I care to shave, I lather up my legs with conditioner. It moisturizes the skin. And you should always lotion afterwards.

Yay I'm not the only person who uses conditioner lol. Did you hear baby oil helps to?
I've heard you can use hair conditioner as a shaving cream... or just use lotion afterwards?

vickieswag's Husband

have you tried veet? its a hair removal product, i don't really like the smell of it but it removes the hair and doesn't grow back as fast.

Headstrong Senshi

20,150 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Power Surge 50
  • Team Player 50
Try rubbing coconut oil on the razor burns, it's a great moisturizer. Don't press too hard on the razor to your skin when you shave your legs too. I just use moisturizing soap when I shave my legs and use lotion afterwards.

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
Tea Tree oil does wonders for skin. Tea Tree oil helps to clear up bumps that come along with waxing or shaving. You just have to rub some oil on the affected areas and it will help to moisturize the skin and clear those bumps away. If you have a favorite lotion, you can just add a few drops to that or just rub it on by itself after you have finished your hair removal method of choice.

Also, Coconut oil (the pure stuff) is great for a number of skin ailments. You can make a lotion from it and use it to clear up razor burn and many people swear by it for clearing up keratosis pilaris. You just have to rub it onto the skin and let it soak in. It smells absolutely heavenly and does a great job at helping to clear up eczema, dry skin and a number of other skin conditions. You can also mix Coconut Oil with Brown Sugar if you have keratosis pilaris or you tend to get razor or waxing bumps after hair removal, this great scrub will help to soothe the skin and it smells amazing. You just have to mix 2 tablespoons of regular sugar with 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, 4 tablespoons of coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of raw honey. Leave it on for a few minutes before getting into the shower and then just wash away.

Playful Hunter

11,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
future pixels
i rarely shave because whenever i do, i always get a lot of rashy bumpy stuff on my thighs. also my leg hair seems to grow back at a very fast speed????

are there any specific products that will like......lessen the amount of irritation that i get when i shave? i've even used the extra sensitive stuff but it doesn't seem to do anything

there is this new kinda wax stuff.. its white and it does not stick to your skin after it says.. its my nair or veet.. I cant remember what its called but I saw it on the tv and I thought of trying it.

OR

you can try getting the no no hair remember or there is another cheaper one that says it gets rid of hair permanently cant remember what its called but I bet if you look it up on youtube or google or something do some searches you will find it.

Playful Hunter

11,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
http://www.divinecaroline.com/self/wellness/12-surprising-uses-vicks-vaporub
I'm rarely interested in shaving, but when I do, this is my routine.

I save shaving for once I'm done with everything else (washing hair, face, etc.), I think it makes me hair easier to shave and gets a nice closer shave.

I use conditioner and shaving cream together and a Venus razor.
Sometimes I will use Shower Power Wax. It's really effective!! But you have to follow the instructions to the letter.

Afterwards I massage my body with coconut oil.

heart Hope this helped.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces