Welcome to Gaia! ::

Should the Paraguay Government let her have an abortion?

Yes 0.82758620689655 82.8% [ 24 ]
No 0.068965517241379 6.9% [ 2 ]
I'm Not Sure 0.10344827586207 10.3% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 29 ]
1 2 3 4 >

So there's been this story that's been buzzing around about this 10 year old girl from Paraguay that was raped by her step-dad. She's pregnant and the country is denying her the option for abortion.

You know what? [******** that.

SHE'S TEN!

You can bet your a** that if my 10 year old was going through that and I lived somewhere where they wouldn't allow her an abortion, I'd fight that until the very end.
Complete and utter bullshit to MAKE a 10 year old give birth...

Not to mention, her body isn't even fully developed enough! Giving birth could potentially kill her.
Absolutely LOVE the fact that an unborn fetus' life is more important than that of a 10 year old...*Major sarcasm*. emotion_donotwant

What is your guys' opinion?
I'm for all abortions, even late term.

I think if the mother knows she isn't fit to take care of the kid then that's the best course of option.

And let's be honest people will say that abortions shouldn't be used as birth control, which I agree. People will say that they could be adopted by someone else, but orphanages and foster homes are already overpopulated and terribly maintained as it is.

Usually people who are against abortions are the first ones to sit there and say ******** welfare and foodstamps and socialized healthcare.

Let me get this straight, you're for the life of an unborn child, but once they are born then goodluck you're on your own.

Its stupid.

Mikey's Rizzler

Egg

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"her body isn't developed enough to have a child"
She's menstruated, she's technically a fully developed woman, therefore can give birth. She's not fully grown.
I don't believe it's fair to make her give birth, but she's gonna have a c section.

Lonely Shapeshifter

They should let her have an abortion, seriously. That's the stupidest s**t ever that they won't let her have the option. Like, seriously????
Maraschinos
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"her body isn't developed enough to have a child"
She's menstruated, she's technically a fully developed woman, therefore can give birth. She's not fully grown.
I don't believe it's fair to make her give birth, but she's gonna have a c section.

Not technically.
A woman can get PREGNANT when she is able to menstruate, but a woman's body hasn't fully developed until she is 18 years old. Human anatomy is incredibly contradicting...
make the boys cry
I'm for all abortions, even late term.

I think if the mother knows she isn't fit to take care of the kid then that's the best course of option.

And let's be honest people will say that abortions shouldn't be used as birth control, which I agree. People will say that they could be adopted by someone else, but orphanages and foster homes are already overpopulated and terribly maintained as it is.

Usually people who are against abortions are the first ones to sit there and say ******** welfare and foodstamps and socialized healthcare.

Let me get this straight, you're for the life of an unborn child, but once they are born then goodluck you're on your own.

Its stupid.

User Image
Stoned Negative Creep
They should let her have an abortion, seriously. That's the stupidest s**t ever that they won't let her have the option. Like, seriously????

According to the government: "We will not allow an abortion unless the child's life is at stake because of the pregnancy". The ******** is that?
She's already at risk! emotion_donotwant

Kree's Problem

Familiar Punk

They should, but it could be they wont because of religious reasons, or their doctors are just inept. She'd more than likely have to go to another country to get it done. I'd rather them start a gofundme to get somewhere with doctors who are very well with those procedures than force doctors who don't know what they're doing to do it.

Indulgent Demigod

12,700 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Omg… I am literally dying right now…
My christian half of me is telling me abortion is wrong (and please don't rage on me about that, I understand the situation and hear me out)
But my worldly half is telling me to go find that step dad and make him a new vajayjay. With a steel toe boot.

I have to go with the new vajayjay emotion_donotwant

Gatekeeper

well they're also practically condemning her to death because a 10 year old cannot physically give birth

either there will have to be surgery (unlikely) or she is going to die and the fetus may die in the process

basically third world countries have some idiotic laws

Space Seraph

14,300 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Dammit Sammy
Stoned Negative Creep

According to the government: "We will not allow an abortion unless the child's life is at stake because of the pregnancy". The ******** is that?

it's stupid because both children are at risk
and what are the chances she's gonna carry it full term
it's ******** ridiculous

Milchaotic
Dammit Sammy
Stoned Negative Creep

it's stupid because both children are at risk
and what are the chances she's gonna carry it full term
it's ******** ridiculous

User Image

Totally agree with you.
Zachalyn
well they're also practically condemning her to death because a 10 year old cannot physically give birth

either there will have to be surgery (unlikely) or she is going to die and the fetus may die in the process

basically third world countries have some idiotic laws

I couldn't agree more.

Velvetine Zealot

37,225 Points
  • A Magnificent Epilogue to Our Youth 500
  • Dauntless Sovereign 500
  • Melonsta X 500
They're basically giving her a death sentence. Someone needs to smuggle her out of the country and give her proper medical care. If she gives birth and dies, they'll likely blame her somehow despite being this small child. It'll wreck her psychologically if she has the baby.

Alien Abductee

24,550 Points
  • Alien Invasion 50
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • First Fall 15
i would drive my daughter out to have the abortion and then sue the goverment for endangering my childs life

a similar thing happened here with a raped 12 year old the mother won and now we can have abortions

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff