Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Knight

DEELISHUZZ
Heavenly Edge
DEELISHUZZ
Heavenly Edge
I ******** up my knee on the way home from work today. My mother thinks I need stitches. I disagree. But I don't know if I should be worried that it's infected or not. I've rebandaged it three times, cleaning it each time. But it still looks awful. s**t.

Hmm. It depends on how deep it is, if it isn't healing properly, you may need stitches. Is it still bleeding quite a lot?

It's not too deep. And I did get the bleeding to stop. Though, it took a combination of gauze, paper towels and painters tape. The bleeding finally did stop. It just...doesn't look that good.

So I would use gauze, first aid tape, and large bandaid bandages. Just for a couple days until the cut heals over with new skin. Just clean it twice-ish a day, along with a shower to help wash off any dirt or debris that may have gotten inside the cut. Also, neosporen and bactine are your friends!

Gauze and bandaids I can do. I scoured my room for my medical tape, but couldn't find it. So I'll have to improvise. Everything else, I have covered.
Go get it checked out

Versatile Streaker

Heavenly Edge
DEELISHUZZ
Heavenly Edge
DEELISHUZZ
Heavenly Edge
I ******** up my knee on the way home from work today. My mother thinks I need stitches. I disagree. But I don't know if I should be worried that it's infected or not. I've rebandaged it three times, cleaning it each time. But it still looks awful. s**t.

Hmm. It depends on how deep it is, if it isn't healing properly, you may need stitches. Is it still bleeding quite a lot?

It's not too deep. And I did get the bleeding to stop. Though, it took a combination of gauze, paper towels and painters tape. The bleeding finally did stop. It just...doesn't look that good.

So I would use gauze, first aid tape, and large bandaid bandages. Just for a couple days until the cut heals over with new skin. Just clean it twice-ish a day, along with a shower to help wash off any dirt or debris that may have gotten inside the cut. Also, neosporen and bactine are your friends!

Gauze and bandaids I can do. I scoured my room for my medical tape, but couldn't find it. So I'll have to improvise. Everything else, I have covered.

Okay awesome, if in a couple days it doesn't start healing or showing signs of improvement, I would check with a physician to see if you need more medical attention but you should be fine. ^^'

Wheezing Phantom

17,900 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Heavenly Edge
DigitalMage the blue
i have EMT training. pics?

This is a pic of it from right when I got home.
User Image

I've just rebandaged it, so I can't send you a current pic. But I see a dark red or black color inside the wound. I could be wrong, it could just be dried blood, but it's just worrying.

Cleaned with water or rubbing alcohol? If the cut is infected there should be a large amount of puss. otherwise it should be fine but stitches are always a good idea with big cuts. Clean fix and much easier for the body to mend.

Blessed Knight

DigitalMage the blue
Heavenly Edge
DigitalMage the blue
i have EMT training. pics?

This is a pic of it from right when I got home.
User Image

I've just rebandaged it, so I can't send you a current pic. But I see a dark red or black color inside the wound. I could be wrong, it could just be dried blood, but it's just worrying.

Cleaned with water or rubbing alcohol? If the cut is infected there should be a large amount of puss. otherwise it should be fine but stitches are always a good idea with big cuts. Clean fix and much easier for the body to mend.

Rubbing alcohol was the first thing I went for when I got home. There was a bit of dirt in there at first, but I cleaned that out quickly before bandaging it. And I haven't seen any trace of puss.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff