Welcome to Gaia! ::

Enduring Hero

I was playing the wii u version with my friends the other day, and I really enjoyed it. I don't own a wii u ( nor do I want to buy one just for one game) so I'm considering getting the 3DS version. Even though it is essentially a paired down version of the home console counter part, is it still worth buying?
I'd be interested in hearing your opinions and the pros/cons of the game. Thanks!

Hopeful Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I'd say it is if you enjoy the wii u version or have someone to play it with. I was a little disappointed that there was no story mode this time (but that's for this smash bros game in general.)

Enduring Hero

Lucinya
It's definitely a worthwhile buy if you really enjoyed it on the Wii U.
Even though the graphics aren't as great as the Wii U, it still has surprisingly good graphics and such for a 3DS game. (I was actually very surprised when the demo came out!)

Of course, with time, the 3DS may end up getting boring... Just like any Smash Bros. game if you're only playing with yourself. However, there is the "Smash Run" that is limited to only the 3DS version, which is kind of interesting. (But more fun playing with friends, of course)

Even if you get used to the controls on the 3DS, you can just link up your console to your friend's Wii U!

Overall, it's a pretty great game that Nintendo has to offer on the 3DS! You can play it anywhere since the 3DSs are pretty portable and Smash Bros. 3DS has the most of what the Wii U one has to offer.

That sounds good to me, its cool that the 3DS and the Wii U players can both play together! Is this the case for online play as well? Is the online any good? How accessible is the game in terms of new players? (Difficulty wise). I did play Melee on the gamecube and the N64 version of Smash but I wouldn't have played either game beyond a casual level. (I didn't play Brawl at all.)

Biggest Anubutt

Halfling Heroine
I was playing the wii u version with my friends the other day, and I really enjoyed it. I don't own a wii u ( nor do I want to buy one just for one game) so I'm considering getting the 3DS version. Even though it is essentially a paired down version of the home console counter part, is it still worth buying?
I'd be interested in hearing your opinions and the pros/cons of the game. Thanks!

It's good becaue it's portable, feels like easier to find 3dser to play against (at least locally), and you can build customs and use them and 3ds as controller for wii u.

However, the lag for wifi games is kinda annoying.

ALA69ange's Wife

Friendly Lover

9,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Generous 100
i have both versions. i got the 3DS version last year and the wii u version last month. i prefer the wii u version over the 3DS version. it has more to offer and playing on the TV in my opinion is more fun. the 3DS version is fun too if you wanna go out but i rarely do. ever since i got the wii u version i have stopped playing the 3DS version. the only times i will play it are with my friends online who don't own the wii u version or take it with me to a friend's house to connect to their wii u and use my 3DS as a controller. the only reason why i got the 3DS version first was because at the time i didn't own a wii u.

Invisible Counselor

16,500 Points
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Dragon Master 50
Yes, especially because Smash Run is a whole lot better than Smash Tour, you can also use the 3DS as a controller!

Loyal Partner

19,540 Points
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Level Up 200
It's particularly nice to have a 3DS version if you spend a lot of time away from a console and have a few minutes to play a game in a given day. And you can still do online play even if you don't have anyone specific to play with locally, and there's a lot of single player options available to you if you're interested in them that can keep you occupied if you're of the completion, collection, or challenger sort of inclination. Plus it's just a good way to train for the other version once in a while. Ultimately it probably comes down to how much time you'd be spending on the Wii U or the 3DS.

If you have more free time in a day away from your friend, the 3DS is handy. If your free time can be spent with your friend, you're already golden.

Gawker

Good to get a feel for the characters and if you don't mind playing in single player mode.

Other that that if you get too into you can break your joystick. xD

Interesting Prophet

3,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Halfling Heroine

Smash run is stupid fun, it reminds me of Kirby's Air Ride for the Gamecube and I still play that game to this day, its great. I like Smash3DS mostly for portability reasons, it still plays super smooth like the WiiU version, and since I go to anime conventions often, a lot of people have the game so its really fun to just have battles with people on the go rather than have to sit in a dank smelling game room to play on a console lol.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff