• Perfect Attendance 400
The Poison Creosote
JoshTheVampire
Senator Armstrong
JoshTheVampire
Senator Armstrong
Submissive Virgin
stupid video

What a stupid video. Her example, Resident Evil 4? My favourite game of all time, so I feel I am an authority when I say nothing would be lost if you had to rescue the President's son instead of his daughter. Absolutely nothing would be lost, much would be gained.

but if you had to rescue the presidents teenage son, would it seem awkward? I hated protecting that girl and i gave up when the giant kept smushing her. Making her a guy wouldn't change that but it would give the impression of him being a weakling or coward.

Or not. There's weak male characters in every video game.

yeah, but i reeaaly didn't like protecting that girl. as i said, I gave up when she kept getting smushed. guy or girl, it would have still happend, but if it were a guy, you'd expect him to at least pick up a stick as a potential weapon...or not... confused

You missed out on probably the best game ever.
I told my boyfriend that I will watch him play it. It has a pretty good story and I would like to know what happens, but watching cutscenes online isn't the same, and I'm afraid to play it. They may not be zombies, but tentacle men are creepy too.

Shirtless Bloodsucker

8,550 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Timid 100
  • Doggone It! 100
Pablo1989
As i said i dont understand females, but a little agree, making females as promo stuff are little goes too far.

Suuure there nice and pretty, but this goes and on and on and on and on once again.
So yes i like Kasumi from Dead or alive games, but its not just (SHE GOT BIG BOOBS!) but she is kunoichi, because im tired playing ninja boys smile for long.

I agree. We don't always play the female character because they're hot. Although, hot characters do seem to make the game more enjoyable when watching cutscenes. I know that in mgs4, flutflut|s been wearing the Raiden face camo when ever there`s a cutscene.
flutflut
You all know about those Feminist Frequency videos on youtube right? It has some very good points and some "holy crap!" & " eek WTF?!" moments. Some stuff is actually kinda funny (princess peach's power is pms in her ds game). But a lot of people seem to hate feminist gamers and game devs, and there are some that got forced from their homes by idiots who only seem to prove the points about violence against women in games. The host of Feminist Frequency, Anita Sarkeesian, was threatened and harassed. Why do people hate those who try to bring up the issue of sexualisation and violence of women?

Also, note that she didn't completely say it has to go away. She said we need to be aware of it when we see it in games.

edit:
Just so you know, I'm not against violence and stuff in video games. I just wanted to see the reactions and start a heated debate (and possibly get an achievement). Just thought I'd add that here as an edit so people don't get the wrong idea. What I'm against is the backlash of comments that came after the Feminist frequency videos.

When you start treating Princess Peach always having to get rescued by a guy as "harming gender equality" you are overanalyzing stuff.

Dangerous Poster

15,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
biggrin If Princess peach been rescued by female heroine THIS HAPPENS!

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Hero 100
-Soul in this universe-
flutflut
You all know about those Feminist Frequency videos on youtube right? It has some very good points and some "holy crap!" & " eek WTF?!" moments. Some stuff is actually kinda funny (princess peach's power is pms in her ds game). But a lot of people seem to hate feminist gamers and game devs, and there are some that got forced from their homes by idiots who only seem to prove the points about violence against women in games. The host of Feminist Frequency, Anita Sarkeesian, was threatened and harassed. Why do people hate those who try to bring up the issue of sexualisation and violence of women?

Also, note that she didn't completely say it has to go away. She said we need to be aware of it when we see it in games.

edit:
Just so you know, I'm not against violence and stuff in video games. I just wanted to see the reactions and start a heated debate (and possibly get an achievement). Just thought I'd add that here as an edit so people don't get the wrong idea. What I'm against is the backlash of comments that came after the Feminist frequency videos.

When you start treating Princess Peach always having to get rescued by a guy as "harming gender equality" you are overanalyzing stuff.

I don't even see the issue with the Mario games here... There is this plumber who witnesses a princess and/or kingdom being in trouble and set's out to save her and her kingdom without a second though... He goes through s**t and does this with no real reward (aside from a baked cake), nor does he expects to "get it on" with the princess... He just sees someone being in trouble, regardless of gender, and helps them out because he's just being a nice guy like that... If anything, Mario is the perfect roll-model for anyone... cat_surprised

Supportive Seraph

YunaSama
If anything, Mario is the perfect roll-model for anyone... cat_surprised
      Video is unrelated to the overall topic, but I feel like I need to leave this year as a remark to this comment.
      Some food for thought?

Hopeful Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Perfect Attendance 400
YunaSama
-Soul in this universe-
flutflut

edit:

I don't even see the issue with the Mario games here... There is this plumber who witnesses a princess and/or kingdom being in trouble and set's out to save her and her kingdom without a second though... He goes through s**t and does this with no real reward (aside from a baked cake), nor does he expects to "get it on" with the princess... He just sees someone being in trouble, regardless of gender, and helps them out because he's just being a nice guy like that... If anything, Mario is the perfect roll-model for anyone... cat_surprised

Maybe not the perfect role model for everyone. Especially not if you wanna lose weight. Hehe. But why peach gets getting kidnapped in the first place is kind weird. Bowser wants to marry her?

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hero 100
flutflut
YunaSama
-Soul in this universe-
flutflut

edit:

Maybe not the perfect role model for everyone. Especially not if you wanna lose weight. Hehe. But why peach gets getting kidnapped in the first place is kind weird. Bowser wants to marry her?

I guess... Seems like he want's to do this for both political reasons and the fact that he actually got a crush on her (as shown in Super Paper Mario)... As for her getting kidnapped... I don't think anyone would be able to defend oneself when a giant monster tries to kidnap you, regardless of gender... Unless you're carrying big guns or something, which is a no-go in children's games to begin with (and non-existent in the Mario games)... cat_sweatdrop

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hero 100
Psycho Koneko
YunaSama
If anything, Mario is the perfect roll-model for anyone... cat_surprised
      Video is unrelated to the overall topic, but I feel like I need to leave this year as a remark to this comment.
      Some food for thought?

Whoa, that was pretty funny actually! cat_rofl We need more Luigi... cat_surprised

Tipsy Conversationalist

Feminism just needs to go home and take a long rest. I say this as a woman, but mostly as someone who's egalitarian. Feminism is all about the female perspective, focused on the female's place and roles in society... which, let's be real, wouldn't make a good game. We need more gender equality in games, like more Zelda fighting along side Link and less 'MAKE ZELDA THE HERO'. I mean, I grew up on fighting games like Mortal Kombat, Soul Calibur and Tekken... where you fought as equals despite your genders.

I feel like we need more girls who will take charge of their destiny, but also not strip the a-typical 'hero' character of an important life lesson. That is what we need more of. None of this GamerGate nonsense tom-foolery.

However, The Perils of Man looks really good. Time Travel, gorgeous animation, decent plot and a female protagonist? Yes please.

Supportive Seraph

YunaSama
Whoa, that was pretty funny actually! cat_rofl We need more Luigi... cat_surprised
      Yes, yes we do.
      The world needs more of the iconic Player 2.

Hopeful Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Bettie Paged
Feminism just needs to go home and take a long rest. I say this as a woman, but mostly as someone who's egalitarian. Feminism is all about the female perspective, focused on the female's place and roles in society... which, let's be real, wouldn't make a good game. We need more gender equality in games, like more Zelda fighting along side Link and less 'MAKE ZELDA THE HERO'. I mean, I grew up on fighting games like Mortal Kombat, Soul Calibur and Tekken... where you fought as equals despite your genders.

I feel like we need more girls who will take charge of their destiny, but also not strip the a-typical 'hero' character of an important life lesson. That is what we need more of. None of this GamerGate nonsense tom-foolery.

However, The Perils of Man looks really good. Time Travel, gorgeous animation, decent plot and a female protagonist? Yes please.

I agree. In fighting games, gender didn't really make a difference other than looks. And as for Zelda fighting along side Link, as long as I don't have to protect her, then I'm fine with that. I hate it when I gotta protect people in games. Luckily, Zelda can usually take care of herself when she's not captured (and it's not because she can turn into a man). Zelda is actually pretty powerful.
-Soul in this universe-
flutflut

edit:

But it is rather dull and lazy.
DynaSuarez Wrecks
Oh boy, this again. Look, you can point to several legitimate examples of gender discrimination in the gaming industry, but Anita Sarkeesian is vilified because she's a genuine a*****e, not because she's a woman trying to bring up a sensitive issue.

1) She lied. Before kicking off her gaming crusade, Anita Sarkeesian appealed to gamers by claiming to be a gaming enthusiast herself. She later confessed that she doesn't really play or enjoy video games that much.

2) She used that appeal to convince people to donate $160,000 to her, which she pledged to use to produce videos addressing gender discrimination in gaming. In the three years since, she has produced five 3- to 7-minute videos. That's an awful return on the investment of the people who funded her.

3) The combination of the above two points basically equates to thievery.

4) Sarkeesian criticized the old Lara Croft for having very large tits, saying she was unreasonably sexualized. She then criticized the rebooted Lara for having more reasonable tits because, basically, Lara was just made into a man with tits.

5) Anita pointed to "The Scythian" from a game called Swords and Sorcery as a strong female role. The Scythian is physically androgynous, biographically dubious, and characteristically blank. Show me any hundred NES characters, no matter how dull, and I'll show you 100 NES characters who are more fleshed out than the Scythian. (Hint: it'll be the same 100 characters you picked).

6) Sarkeesian disables comment sections on all her social media. Anyone who completely cuts off debate and conversation should be automatically discounted and never taken seriously.

Sarkeesian isn't helping or suggesting any solutions. She's only exacerbating the problem.
this x100000000000000
-Soul in this universe-
flutflut

edit:

But her being kidnapped in every single game just makes her a bad character made by lazy Nintendo writers.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff