Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kawaii Shoujo

Nemone
You know if people are scared of vaccines because of whatever reason I can somewhat get that even though I think their fear is unfounded. I think that everyone should be vaccinated so that these diseases don't come back and so that the herd immunity isn't compromised. I can understand being wary of newer vaccines, I don't have a problem with that. But I actually saw somebody posting on another site the other day that said that there's no reason we should be afraid of these "imaginary illnesses" and a bunch of other crazy talk. They were completely serious and it just blows me away that these people exist. I mean really... imaginary? I don't get how some people can actually believe that these diseases are like something the government and pharmacies made up. It might be mean but I hope that these crazies actually catch something so they'll realize how dumb they are. Honestly sometimes when I see people like this I can't help but think if there is a huge outbreak at least they'll be the first to go. I know it's horribly mean but they really will be the ones that suffer the most from their actions.

Also is the chicken pox vaccine newer? I remember having chicken pox as a kid for like 2 weeks and I missed school. It was great. I don't think we took a vaccine for it. I had it about 20 years ago.
I remember getting the chicken pox as a kid, I think my brother got it before I did, and I caught it soon afterwords. We didn't realize that I had gotten it until after the weekend visit to my grandparents, my mother washed the back of my neck( I had long hair at the time), and she saw the spots( I was forced to miss a week of school biggrin ).

Fluff Saint

15,400 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pet Lover 100
fairy-phoenix
Nemone
You know if people are scared of vaccines because of whatever reason I can somewhat get that even though I think their fear is unfounded. I think that everyone should be vaccinated so that these diseases don't come back and so that the herd immunity isn't compromised. I can understand being wary of newer vaccines, I don't have a problem with that. But I actually saw somebody posting on another site the other day that said that there's no reason we should be afraid of these "imaginary illnesses" and a bunch of other crazy talk. They were completely serious and it just blows me away that these people exist. I mean really... imaginary? I don't get how some people can actually believe that these diseases are like something the government and pharmacies made up. It might be mean but I hope that these crazies actually catch something so they'll realize how dumb they are. Honestly sometimes when I see people like this I can't help but think if there is a huge outbreak at least they'll be the first to go. I know it's horribly mean but they really will be the ones that suffer the most from their actions.

Also is the chicken pox vaccine newer? I remember having chicken pox as a kid for like 2 weeks and I missed school. It was great. I don't think we took a vaccine for it. I had it about 20 years ago.
I remember getting the chicken pox as a kid, I think my brother got it before I did, and I caught it soon afterwords. We didn't realize that I had gotten it until after the weekend visit to my grandparents, my mother washed the back of my neck( I had long hair at the time), and she saw the spots( I was forced to miss a week of school biggrin ).

Hehe, being forced to miss a week of school is just so horrible right? xp Honestly I didn't think the chicken pox was all that bad as a kid. A little itchy but it was worth it.

Kawaii Shoujo

Nemone
fairy-phoenix
Nemone

Hehe, being forced to miss a week of school is just so horrible right? xp Honestly I didn't think the chicken pox was all that bad as a kid. A little itchy but it was worth it.
Baking soda baths were a heaven-sent.

Fluff Saint

15,400 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pet Lover 100
fairy-phoenix
Nemone
fairy-phoenix
Nemone

Lol yeah, we were always slathered in the pink crap. Calamine lotion, that stuff. That stuff was like a household item back when the chicken pox were rampant. I hardly even see it around much these days. Bet their sales dropped when the vaccine came out.

Kawaii Shoujo

Nemone
fairy-phoenix
Nemone
fairy-phoenix
Nemone

Lol yeah, we were always slathered in the pink crap. Calamine lotion, that stuff. That stuff was like a household item back when the chicken pox were rampant. I hardly even see it around much these days. Bet their sales dropped when the vaccine came out.
We never used that stuff when my brother and I had the chicken pox, it was only used with mosquito bites, and both my parents and I particularly my mother remember back when I was still very small( around 4 yrs old) I would be playing on the swing set in the backyard with a TON of calamine lotion on my body... apparently the mosquitoes thought I was rather quite the tasty treat.

Feral Nymph

Nemone

Just because you two had mild cases does not mean chicken pox is a mild virus. I'm scarred from having chicken pox at 6 and still have very unpleasant, vivid memories of the ordeal. That's not even touching on the idea that one should base vaccinating their children on how they remember having a disease. My uncle had a mild case of polio as a child. He was fine. Maybe we should ditch that vaccine, too? rolleyes

Why people think vaccines are somehow 'worse' then the actual disease will continue to baffle me. When the choice is "permanent genital warts" versus "needle to arm", I'm picking the needle.

Fluff Saint

15,400 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pet Lover 100
Pessimist
Nemone

Just because you two had mild cases does not mean chicken pox is a mild virus. I'm scarred from having chicken pox at 6 and still have very unpleasant, vivid memories of the ordeal. That's not even touching on the idea that one should base vaccinating their children on how they remember having a disease. My uncle had a mild case of polio as a child. He was fine. Maybe we should ditch that vaccine, too? rolleyes

Why people think vaccines are somehow 'worse' then the actual disease will continue to baffle me. When the choice is "permanent genital warts" versus "needle to arm", I'm picking the needle.

I never said that we shouldn't vaccinate. If you had a bad case of it then yeah that's too bad for you, but I didn't, and I never said we should base the need to vaccinate on that. And I never said the vaccine was worse than the chicken pox. My kids have had the vaccine too, it's just been so long that I didn't remember that was one of the things they were vaccinated for. So don't butt into our conversation and jump down my throat over some random remark I made about having fun when I had the chicken pox because I got to miss school. If you read the other things I've written you'd realize that I'm pro vaccine.

Fluff Saint

15,400 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pet Lover 100
fairy-phoenix
Nemone
fairy-phoenix
Nemone
fairy-phoenix
Nemone

We never used that stuff when my brother and I had the chicken pox, it was only used with mosquito bites, and both my parents and I particularly my mother remember back when I was still very small( around 4 yrs old) I would be playing on the swing set in the backyard with a TON of calamine lotion on my body... apparently the mosquitoes thought I was rather quite the tasty treat.

I am so glad that there aren't a lot of mosquitoes where I am now, although where I grew up it was nasty every summer. You could see them in these giant clouds when you looked outside. Here the only reason we don't have them is because they treat the water. I worry about it but I guess it's better than the mosquitoes spreading diseases. This whole area is swampy so I guess that is a concern.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff