Welcome to Gaia! ::

Warlord

Ven Loki Loraine
Bacon Senpai
Thats nice : )

Im still studying but my dream job is to be a game designer.
Are you in a course for game design? c:
Yes, I am! smile Game design and development~

Enduring Hero

Ven Loki Loraine
Halfling Heroine
Care to share your epiphany with me?
I could do with an epiphany regarding my career too... gonk
Well, my interest is quite unusual... I work in shipping so I love ports and container terminals and freight ships. That's why I want to work as a port agent. I don't think that's really interesting for 99% of people xd

Unfortunately, none of my hobbies would ever get me a job. Being an anime nerd who loves video games and cosplaying isn't exactly going to take me places career wise. sweatdrop
I've really wanted to be a graphic designer, because I am quite artistic and enjoy being creative/visual, but after doing some work experience as part of my degree, I don't know if I'll be able to handle the pressure. Not to mention I'm studying a general multimedia degree, so we cover a lot of things other then graphic design, such as film, photography, animation and web design. I picked such a broad degree originally as I didn't know what I wanted to do when I left school. However then down side of this is that my knowledge is spread thin over a large range of subjects, rather than having a lot of expertise in one field. I've one year left of my degree and I've no idea what I'll do when I graduate.

Er sorry for the rant!

Tipsy Capitalist

10,025 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Carl 200
and here I was getting excited to read your paper on port trade and the economic value

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
degeneratedrunk
and here I was getting excited to read your paper on port trade and the economic value
oh noooo, I will never write a paper about port trade again xd

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
Halfling Heroine
Ven Loki Loraine
Halfling Heroine
Care to share your epiphany with me?
I could do with an epiphany regarding my career too... gonk
Well, my interest is quite unusual... I work in shipping so I love ports and container terminals and freight ships. That's why I want to work as a port agent. I don't think that's really interesting for 99% of people xd

Unfortunately, none of my hobbies would ever get me a job. Being an anime nerd who loves video games and cosplaying isn't exactly going to take me places career wise. sweatdrop
I've really wanted to be a graphic designer, because I am quite artistic and enjoy being creative/visual, but after doing some work experience as part of my degree, I don't know if I'll be able to handle the pressure. Not to mention I'm studying a general multimedia degree, so we cover a lot of things other then graphic design, such as film, photography, animation and web design. I picked such a broad degree originally as I didn't know what I wanted to do when I left school. However then down side of this is that my knowledge is spread thin over a large range of subjects, rather than having a lot of expertise in one field. I've one year left of my degree and I've no idea what I'll do when I graduate.

Er sorry for the rant!

Haha, I know that feeling all too well. I also wanted to go into something artistic... but decided against it because making a career out of that can be very hard, even with a degree. My own degree is also quite broad (nautical engineering, economics, law, human resources, yadda yadda) and it often made me feel like I know a bit about everything but not a lot about ANYTHING. Maybe if you have the chance to work (while you're still studying) in a company that's specialized in one area, you can gather some experience that goes beyond what you learned in school.
I have epiphanies on a weekly basis
I think too much

Super Rare

that's excellent news! congrats!! emotion_hug
I'm yet to find my own dream job, but then again there's no need to hurry yet
I never really had a dream job in mind I'm neutral towards any type of work really

Tipsy Capitalist

10,025 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Carl 200
Ven Loki Loraine
degeneratedrunk
oh noooo, I will never write a paper about port trade again xd
lol tbh, kind of saw this coming. Buddy of mine tried doing some what of the same thing years ago. Never even touched pen to paper

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff