Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Healer

They started doing it through the cash shop whenever they started releasing more items in the CS than in the gold shops. Forcing items to be purchased through GC rather than directly for cash is safer for the company because then every monetary transaction they do is strictly for GC. If items were sold directly for cash, Gaia would need to keep track of thousands of different transactions for unique things. This also makes it legal for them to sell RIGs because users aren't technically gambling real money since things are always purchased through GC.

Also, since letters are purchased with GC now, you can get them for a discount. $5 of GC is $4.25 right now.

Clever Cat

25,075 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Pet Lover 100
-Neko_Star_Queen_28-
Why the hell is it only sending me to the damn cash shop?
I swear when I clicked the "get one" option it always redirected you to pay via money...
Are you saying my last ******** chance to get the damn collectables for this month is impossible because of some stupid cash shop s**t?! WTF.

EDIT:
What I am getting at is if you went to buy MC you used to be redirected to an order forum which you could pay money to get it and you wouldn't have to buy Gaia cash to get them.

Please stop telling me to go buy them from the mp or etc or saying "they've always been in the gaia cash shop though." Yes, you're right that was an ADDED in feature.
Last time I bought MC despite them being in the gaia cash I was STILL able to get to that forum.
So that's what I am getting at. =.=

Edit: Look, I WAS shocked there wasn't an order forum okay?
I've been here for years and the last time I bought letters I was still able to pay through the order forum, I've never once bought Gaia cash :/ I'm sorry I must look like an idiot to you.
I got the point already thanks for making me feel like s**t for being surprised by such a thing.

I guess Old users aren't even welcomed on here anymore -sigh-

Mezo Panda's Widow

Magical Bear

-Neko_Star_Queen_28-
Mezo Panda
Um.
They've always been available via cash shop. Monthly Collectibles were the original cash shop items. :/

Monthly collectible items before cash shop came was bought via Real money payment options such as Paypal, visa and etc.
When you click buy now it would take you to an order forum and you chose options from there.
This is forcefully redirecting me to the cash shop that is what I am getting at.
so you're upset because you have to buy them?
You've always used real money to buy them. Gaia cash is no different, Jesus christ. Don't be a baby about it.

Tricky Treater

13,250 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
There is absolutely no ******** reason to be this rude to the OP. Seriously. Telling her to "grow up" or to "stop being a baby about it" is beyond immature. All she asked was a simple question that just needed a simple answer. There's no need to go on and be rude about it. Get the hell over yourselves.

With that being said, I do remember being able to just pay for MCs just by using my bank card information. I have no idea why we're not able to do this now, but I guess that's just Gaia for you. And yes, you could just buy one in the MP or get Gcash and get it in the Cash Shop, but not everyone wants to do that. Big ******** deal.

Wild Bibliophile

17,650 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Bookworm 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
i know what you are talking about and i think you may be right, i don't think you can get them without putting cash on your account first.

Timid Vampire

7,775 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cat Fancier 100
kuro berries
There is absolutely no ******** reason to be this rude to the OP. Seriously. Telling her to "grow up" or to "stop being a baby about it" is beyond immature. All she asked was a simple question that just needed a simple answer. There's no need to go on and be rude about it. Get the hell over yourselves.

With that being said, I do remember being able to just pay for MCs just by using my bank card information. I have no idea why we're not able to do this now, but I guess that's just Gaia for you. And yes, you could just buy one in the MP or get Gcash and get it in the Cash Shop, but not everyone wants to do that. Big ******* deal.

i agree with you. all it needed was a simple answer. no one had to start world war III and bash on her like that. all this drama is un needed. this is exactly why most of the NORMAL OP'S never log in to this anymore!! coz of all this over drama bull ****. im sorry but all this was unnecessary. so i advise everyone back the **** off her and everyone else and go there own way before the admins and staff start baning ppl for hostile posting. as i recall they don't tolerate this **** so stop it =_=

Tasteful Taco's Husbando

Man-Hungry Noob

18,825 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Not to sound rude Neko_Star, but this forum would have been better off in Site Feedback. You would have more likely gotten a direct answer than on Chatterbox where people are more likely to insult your intelligence because you don't necessarily agree with them. Nonetheless, I do recall back then MC were not GC related or in fact had anything to do with GC, instead MC were indeed bought through Paypal, visa and so on, simply because GC wasn't a thing in the past. However now that GC has been brought into Gaia, mostly everything from RIG's to EIs to recolours are bought through GC transactions. What Neko_Star is basically trying to say, is that when she tries to buy a MC, instead of being directed to the order forum (from before), she is being directed to the GC page. Perhaps Gaia decided to change this feature when more items were being released into the CS, as Emmah Odroah pointed out.

Clever Cat

25,075 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Pet Lover 100
Volcanic Blaze
Not to sound rude Neko_Star, but this forum would have been better off in Site Feedback. You would have more likely gotten a direct answer than on Chatterbox where people are more likely to insult your intelligence because you don't necessarily agree with them. Nonetheless, I do recall back then MC were not GC related or in fact had anything to do with GC, instead MC were indeed bought through Paypal, visa and so on, simply because GC wasn't a thing in the past. However now that GC has been brought into Gaia, mostly everything from RIG's to EIs to recolours are bought through GC transactions. What Neko_Star is basically trying to say, is that when she tries to buy a MC, instead of being directed to the order forum (from before), she is being directed to the GC page. Perhaps Gaia decided to change this feature when more items were being released into the CS, as Emmah Odroah pointed out.

I don't take any offence to this at all, thank you for suggesting where to put the forum, if I run into a similar issue as here I'll remember that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff