Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vannequin's Senpai

Dead Potato

51,450 Points
  • You Thought.. 500
  • not released 500
        I filed to get this thread moved, but I feel incredibly guilty and embarrassed that it's clogging up the GCD right now. So let's turn this around into a discussion thread!

I'm sure everyone here has mis-posted before, be it a comment or a whole topic, so how do you guys cope?

Some discussion points:
        - What do you guys do to deal with post/topic fails?
        - Is it a regular occurrence in your life?
        - How do yours usually happen?
        - Or are you a majestic and perfect creature who doesn't have time for mis-posts?
        - Or perhaps you're suave enough to pull it off?

Currently I'm sitting here in embarrassment and shame over mine. Of course I hastefully edited my topic first, but I'm letting the shame kick in. Mis-posts generally don't happen to me, as I tend to do mild proof-reading/double checking before I hit the submit button. Clearly coffee would have worked in my favor today.

i give 0 of what
your avi is doin'

Deus-ex Potato

55,475 Points
  • not released 500
  • God From a Machine 500
  • Smol Grump 500
I've never actually mis-posted a thread in a forum, but I have misposted in the wrong threads.

There are times I have several threads open in several tabs, and I've started to write long posts in Word Document before copy/pasting because of Gaia's propensity for sometimes crashing. Several times, I have ended up copy/pasting my text into the wrong damn thread. So my huge post shows up and it literally makes no sense in the context of the thread, and I'm like "NOOOOOOOOOO /HAZUKASHIIII."

Me, I just delete the whole damn thing and sit and twiddle my thumbs hoping nobody saw it hahaha. xD;

Wild-Haired Crimester

28,550 Points
  • Craziest Hair Award 1000
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Champion Cardholder 100
I mostly apologize, change the title, and put in the first post something like 'ignore this.' Though it has been a very long time since I posted something in the wrong forum/thread. I think it's because I don't post often. XD

Vannequin's Senpai

Dead Potato

51,450 Points
  • You Thought.. 500
  • not released 500
ugIy en fat
i give 0 of what
your avi is doin'

I'm sometimes like that, but usually my embarrassment and feeling of inconvenience overrides my idgaf-attitude.
        Props to you though! ; u ;

Tall Dark and Snarky
Me, I just delete the whole damn thing and sit and twiddle my thumbs hoping nobody saw it hahaha. xD;

You and I are the same. :sobs:
        Apart from this incident, I've only mis-posted maybe two or three times and they were all in the exchange when I was searching for new items and had quite a few tabs open.

Indulgent Consumer

ugIy en fat

YOUR AVATAR IS CUTE

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I misposted in a wrong forum and thread before. I just wasn't paying attention and had too many tabs open

Indomitable Bro

i don't think i've ever misposted here, obviously because i lack flaws. lol just kidding, i don't mispost cause i don't usually make new topics. too shy.

i'll have a mini heart attack everytime i accidentally click 'new topic', though. it happened a lot on mobile for some reason (back when mobile worked for me emotion_donotwant ).

even though i don't mind at all when it happens to others, i'm sure i'd hide in embarrassment if it happened to me. i have a weird complex about being a bother to others. emotion_sweatdrop i'm the type of idiot that'll apologize if you step on my foot.

i love lurking into one to find the person's edited their posts before i could read anything. like watching someone trip and turn it into a sweet dance move.

Eternal Witch

26,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
I don't have to deal with that. I just simply don't post at all. Well, actually I post, but it's something like, twice every few solar eclipses or something? Don't have the stamina. It takes me ages to think coherently and put it succesfully in words.

Ah, but if I ever missplace a post/thread, i'll just wipe it off the surface of earth at the speed of light and pray for any gods there are for none in the forum to notice. Or just take my pills and go to sleep.

Tricky Saint

Oh, so that's what it was?
That happens, we're not fine-calculating machines after all.

I tend to be easy on everyone's mistakes... 'cept my own emotion_donotwant
Nah, I guess I used to care when that happened a long time ago, but I affix it to the general social anxiety I had back then ; these days I just correct myself and move on.
I don't think it's worth much of a thought or mention either, and anyone who'd get upset with others post-errors is not someone whose opinion I'd consider worth a damn so it's all cool.

*Edit; As a matter of fact, I spotted 2-3 errors in this post alone after posting it.

Random Nobody 13's Husbando

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
It depends, I'm in the b/c a lot so if I post something meant for thread A in thread B I simply edit to post with an "oops sorry" and move the content to the correct thread. If I mispost in one of my own threads I just edit it to be a bump or emote and then post in the correct thread.
I usually double and triple check before posting a new thread, so usually if I mispost an entire thread it's because I didn't realize I'm putting it in the wrong forum or I wasn't sure where it belongs and chose the forum most likely it would go in. So by the time I realize it's in the wrong forum it's already been moved.

O24's Partner

Aged Gaian

I'm only slightly perturbed when I see a chatterbox thread go to the GCD

But, as for my own stuff.. if I've realised I'd had a mis post I just delete it or edit it depending on the situation D:

stukky's Fangirl

Fairy Type

60,050 Points
  • Cute Monster 500
  • Manchurian Candidate 500
  • Budding Witch 250
I don't make mistakes ever emotion_donotwant

I am beauty and I am grace
I am queen of 50 states
I am elagance and taste
I am... miss united states

User Image

Vannequin's Senpai

Dead Potato

51,450 Points
  • You Thought.. 500
  • not released 500
Battery Acid Included
I mostly apologize, change the title, and put in the first post something like 'ignore this.' Though it has been a very long time since I posted something in the wrong forum/thread. I think it's because I don't post often. XD

Profuse apologizing is probably my number 1 skill..

rococobro
i have a weird complex about being a bother to others. emotion_sweatdrop i'm the type of idiot that'll apologize if you step on my foot.

i love lurking into one to find the person's edited their posts before i could read anything. like watching someone trip and turn it into a sweet dance move.

LOL@ the first part of your post
        But yeah, this applies so much to me it hurts..

Also, that amuses me too but I'm guilty of editing my posts like a mofo. I do mild proof-reading, but my brain is super slow at times so I edit in my additional thoughts because I don't feel like posting twice.

Ex vivo
Oh, so that's what it was?
That happens, we're not fine-calculating machines after all.

I tend to be easy on everyone's mistakes... 'cept my own emotion_donotwant
Nah, I guess I used to care when that happened a long time ago, but I affix it to the general social anxiety I had back then ; these days I just correct myself and move on.
I don't think it's worth much of a thought or mention either, and anyone who'd get upset with others post-errors is not someone whose opinion I'd consider worth a damn so it's all cool.

*Edit; As a matter of fact, I spotted 2-3 errors in this post alone after posting it.

Haha, thanks. ^ u ^
        Yeah, if other people make mistakes then it's fine. God forbid that I do though. "OrL
        I need to learn to take it easy on myself when it comes to self-judgement.

Fairy

~A ripple on the water...

I've only mis-posted a thread in a forum once and to this day I still can't figure out how that happened.
As for mis-posting in threads, that only happens when I post using my mule, but didn't realise it. Then I panic delete the post and hurry to re-post from my main. rolleyes
User Image
...A tinkling on the wind~

Indomitable Bro

Niki-Senpai

rococobro
i have a weird complex about being a bother to others. emotion_sweatdrop i'm the type of idiot that'll apologize if you step on my foot.

LOL@ the first part of your post
        But yeah, this applies so much to me it hurts..

Also, that amuses me too but I'm guilty of editing my posts like a mofo. I do mild proof-reading, but my brain is super slow at times so I edit in my additional thoughts because I don't feel like posting twice.

yeeeeup i do the same thing! sometimes i'll edit a post twice after posting, i'm a goof like that. either i realize i've phrased something super awkward, or just wanna mention something i left out! forum posting can be hard for a serial second-guesser. gonk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff