Welcome to Gaia! ::

SugarBabyBear
Oh jeez.
that is a while.
What made you leave?

I am not sure, exactly. I do know my BF at the time and I were playing zOMG together, and we lost interest, but I don't remember if something else had captured it or we had just gotten bored. Prior to that I think I had been involved in an RP guild and the owner just didn't want to continue with it. I remember having paid 10k for my character art pack and being bummed because at the time that was half the money I had. I came back this time and had 128k on me and a week later I have 40 mil. The inflation blows my mind.
I am 24 and a perv, which makes being on a site full of teenagers even worse x_x

I went on the adult website made by Gaia's founders and almoooost hooked up with someone there but I stopped logging on. These days, you can find me on Omegle trying to get girls to flash me, or asking the 39-year old bank teller for her number. She's super interested, but wants to take thins so slow om-gawwrsh.

Meanwhile, all of my best online friends either became web developers or game developers. Guy literally moved to Scotland with his friends, all living in the same house, so they can afford to do nothing but make games all day. I also do web development, but I ended up having a kid early, broke up with my bm, and now I'm trying to figure out wtf to do with myself.

... Hi.

Eloquent Hoarder

Raigne
SugarBabyBear
Oh jeez.
that is a while.
What made you leave?

I am not sure, exactly. I do know my BF at the time and I were playing zOMG together, and we lost interest, but I don't remember if something else had captured it or we had just gotten bored. Prior to that I think I had been involved in an RP guild and the owner just didn't want to continue with it. I remember having paid 10k for my character art pack and being bummed because at the time that was half the money I had. I came back this time and had 128k on me and a week later I have 40 mil. The inflation blows my mind.
I know!
I remember having to save up for weeks to get 5K to buy my fox tail and ears, and now I'm stuck trying to save up almost 90 bil for a stupid item that has a pair of shorts i want.
D;
The cash shop really just drove everything up an insane amount.
I can't even price anything out anymore as far as art and graphics and profile layouts and what not.

Fashionable Entrepreneur

3,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
SugarBabyBear
Victoria Marie Blackwood
I have been gone a while, but I am back. Kind of. I'm 21. I'll be 22 in July. C: I been on Gaia like since I was...11? Fifth and Sixth grade, I believe.
Kind of back?
Yeah. I only returned to find some artists and that's pretty much it. It's too hard for me to find people who RESPOND to me on DA. xD

Mythical Benefactor

11,925 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Somebody Likes You 100
SugarBabyBear
Drimar

social butterfly..i like that term haha. guess im not either, dont really talk to anyone apart from with people i work with and even then it dosent leave work, been there nearly a year now and still havent met with any of them outside work :p

haha i burn first then when i peel im a tiny bit darker but it dosent last long, usually by time its the next summer it has faded away :p

does sound kinda nice being wrapped up with a book and a cup of tea smile
It's ok.
I understand that.
I've tried hanging out with people from work lots of times.
I've only really made one friend though and I think she only hangs out with me because I'm friends with her son.
The only other people that want to hang out outside of work are just a bunch of jerks that want to get in my pants.
-.-
So needless to say, I don't hang out with anybody from work.

I wish I got a little bit darker.
The only thing on me that tans is my arm and thats because my job requires me to drive all day, so the sun on my arm all day every day actually gives my arm a little bit of color.
But that's it.

Reading is one of my favorite things to do.
And I have a serious problem with tea.
>.>
I have an entire cabinet full plus some.
I think it's an addiction.
XD

i havent even tried with people at work, based how they act at work i can tell we wont get on very well, nice to chat and have a laugh with but not the sorta people i wanna put up with it :p
tho i wouldnt mind it if the women at work were always trying to get in my pants...could make it more fun wink

hehe my arms tan the most aswell, sun has started coming out over here now, last couple days been pretty nice, may have to lay around in the sun after work smile

*highfives* reading is also one of my favourite things to do,
pahaha, a whole cabinet full?!! damn i think you do have an addiction :p
i dont actually drink tea that much anymore, since i had to start having lacto free crappy milk its ruined the taste of tea for me sad
mum thinks im crazy and it tastes no different but lacto free milks tastes like milk thats been out of date for a few days
SugarBabyBear
I know!
I remember having to save up for weeks to get 5K to buy my fox tail and ears, and now I'm stuck trying to save up almost 90 bil for a stupid item that has a pair of shorts i want.
D;
The cash shop really just drove everything up an insane amount.
I can't even price anything out anymore as far as art and graphics and profile layouts and what not.

I think I spent like, MAYBE 150k on everything I own. Definitely not more than 200. If I sold it all apparently it's worth 70 bil and we're not including all my soulbound zOMG stuff. I can't even...

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Remember that thread in the CB called 18 or older? I remember feeling so happy when I could finally post in that thread but nobody talked to me Dx

Bunny

I am twenty four (twenty five in a week's time) myself. And while I visit Gaia on a regular basis, I find it incredibly hard to join in and actually enjoy the majority of the site. The friends I have made here over the years, have moved on. And I only really come back to change my avatar and use it for creative ideas.
The majority of the site is filled with teenagers and I find it difficult to join on the silly banter and trending topics that seem to pop around.

Eloquent Hoarder

Pritchard
I am 24 and a perv, which makes being on a site full of teenagers even worse x_x

I went on the adult website made by Gaia's founders and almoooost hooked up with someone there but I stopped logging on. These days, you can find me on Omegle trying to get girls to flash me, or asking the 39-year old bank teller for her number. She's super interested, but wants to take thins so slow om-gawwrsh.

Meanwhile, all of my best online friends either became web developers or game developers. Guy literally moved to Scotland with his friends, all living in the same house, so they can afford to do nothing but make games all day. I also do web development, but I ended up having a kid early, broke up with my bm, and now I'm trying to figure out wtf to do with myself.

... Hi.
That's understandable.

I never heard of the adult Gaia until you just told me about it.
But apparently it's been taken down?
I used to frequent Omegle, but not anymore due to guys trying to get me to flash them.
._.

Eek.
Baby mom.
Never good.

Hello there.

Eloquent Hoarder

Victoria Marie Blackwood
SugarBabyBear
Victoria Marie Blackwood
I have been gone a while, but I am back. Kind of. I'm 21. I'll be 22 in July. C: I been on Gaia like since I was...11? Fifth and Sixth grade, I believe.
Kind of back?
Yeah. I only returned to find some artists and that's pretty much it. It's too hard for me to find people who RESPOND to me on DA. xD
Dude tell me about it.
I won a contest for this kick a** avi art off of DA and the b***h stiffed me.
No one ever replies on there.

Eloquent Hoarder

DJ Twissta
Remember that thread in the CB called 18 or older? I remember feeling so happy when I could finally post in that thread but nobody talked to me Dx
I do remember that thread!
I left though.
Too much grossness being sent through PMs due to being seen in that thread.
._.

Eloquent Hoarder

Aglo I
I am twenty four (twenty five in a week's time) myself. And while I visit Gaia on a regular basis, I find it incredibly hard to join in and actually enjoy the majority of the site. The friends I have made here over the years, have moved on. And I only really come back to change my avatar and use it for creative ideas.
The majority of the site is filled with teenagers and I find it difficult to join on the silly banter and trending topics that seem to pop around.
Yeah, I typically fool around with doodling avis.
This place is great for inspiration.
But the teeny-boppers are a downfall.
I'm 21+, Don't worry. That's not weird. Add me. smile
SugarBabyBear
Pritchard

[... stuff ...]

... Hi.
That's understandable.

I never heard of the adult Gaia until you just told me about it.

It was a little too edgy for me. I mean, I'm glad they tried, but it's like Gaia tried too hard to focus on their supposed target demographic (you could not create an avatar that wasn't dark, moody and vampire-like if you tried).

And that attracted a very small portion of the people I was hoping to see there. And the people I did talk to who were local, maybe we could meet up, etc. were OK but not my style... What attracted me to Gaia long ago was the story, creativity, RPG elements, not the goth elements...

Also, I hate to say it, because I love the nostalgia, but Gaia feels stuck in the early to mid-2000's, which is a long time as far as technology is concerned.

SugarBabyBear

But apparently it's been taken down?

Good. Now I don't have to worry about removing my pics xD

SugarBabyBear
I used to frequent Omegle, but not anymore due to guys trying to get me to flash them.
._.

Now with the advent of other tech (Snapchat, Instagram, Kik, etc.) you're like most people.

It kind of sucks because I wouldn't even go on there if like Tinder or something didn't suck as well, or would let me build a profile. But apparently you need FaceBook for that, and the FaceBook profile I do have (literally just to keep in touch with one or two friends) isn't sufficient to let me register.

Plenty of Fish, OkCupid are generally OK sites, but surprisingly few people actually date someone they meet on a free dating website. Men and women go on those for different reasons (women for compassion, men for hookups), and many of the people looking for serious relationships are hurt and have serious trust issues.

Which is definitely, definitely cool, it's just that if my life was where it needs to be, I probably wouldn't be on a dating website to begin with...

SugarBabyBear

Eek.
Baby mom.
Never good.

She's actually awesome and we're moving in together to save up on money! I owed $2,000 in taxes this year, rather than getting money back x_x

But it is a little upsetting that I won't be able to date for another year or two because of it...

If you read this, my comments below might not make sense, but I don't like working full-time, want to start my own business while working part-time, and this is what I need to do it. Plus, and don't tell my bm this, I had to borrow thousands of dollars to meet my financial obligations...

I can't wait until my lease is up -___-

SugarBabyBear

Hello there.

Hi again xD

I hope I don't come off as too strange.

Just in a weird place in life, reaching the "standard" idea of success (career, child, long-term savings, retirement plan), but still not satisfied. 3 - 4 years ago, I was a little younger and had saved some money to where I didn't have to work (I also had two room mates, making my living expenses dirt cheap), only to become immensely depressed.

Turns out all of the things I thought I "wanted" to do (game development, investor) felt useless. What I ended up loving and being good at is the thing I was afraid of, business software development and interacting with people. To an extent, I began to realize this while I was still not working, only to finally start going outside more and realizing I had moved into the friggen ghetto and people were trying to start fights with me while I walked my dog.

Fell back into a huge depression, invested $300 into Bitcoin, made $30,000 - then lost it all because I had developed a gambling addiction.

It just puts you in a strange place emotionally, and like, existentially, when all of the things you grew up thinking you wanted to do aren't of value any more.

... Life is strange. Wish someone would have taught me these lessons sooner. I think a couple people tried, but I was too stubborn to listen smile

Widow

Unidentified Marshmallow

(,,◕ ⋏ ◕,,)

I'm 23 and I know what you mean. And it's not just gaia. Even on like tumblr and s**t you can start talking to someone and think 'hey, cool person' only to find out they're in high school. /sigh
I don't have anything against kids, but it does make me a little uncomfortable sometimes. Growing up sucks xp

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff