Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Shoujo

I completely disagree with this decision Gaia has made about Tektek.
                    Tektek provided invaluable resources for Gaians. Resources Gaia
                    itself was too lazy, or didn't care to invest enough time and money
                    in. This was a hard slap in the face for the great guy who created
                    tektek. I'm going to list a few things that will no longer be available
                    now, because of this (or not available in the same way):

* Tektek contests (say goodbye to any gold the poor could have earned this way)

* Forum Games (had a forum thread or chat? Like to use tekteking for games? No more.)

* Color Code (want that rainbow, multi-colored text? you'll have to look elsewhere)

* Wishlist/Gold Saving (remember those neat bars that display how much gold you have on your way to getting an item? Gone.)

* Tektek with a specific inventory (sure, you may be able to screenshot whatever you create in the avi customization, but you won't get to use another person's inventory now)

* Solo Poses (want to see just the hat equip of an item? Too bad.)

* &much more.

We all know what this was, Gaia. Someone was taking out the trash for you. Doing
                    a service to Gaians that you didn't do yourself. And after over ten years the best
                    you can do is send a threatening legal letter to this guy? For providing a fantastic service
                    that really enhanced Gaia?

Low blow, guys.

Click here to see the letters posted on Tektek.org.

gaia_spoons The above represents fact and my own opinion. What is yours?
                    gaia_spoons Do you feel this is a slap in the face to Tekton, the creator of Tektek?
                    gaia_spoons Will you miss the features it offered?
                    gaia_spoons Do you think Gaia should at least replace Tektek's awesome features?

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
You may want to remove the entire name of the gm.

People have gotten in trouble for posting staff names before.

I just hope gaia has a plan to replace these resources.

Hungry Immortal

38,775 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Cookie Collector 400
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
Damn. I thought tektek was merely having server issues.

I've been using tektek ever since I came on Gaia, and it has been an invaluable tool for pretty much everything I do - inventory inspection, ram avis, looking for certain items, sharing inventory... Why would they suddenly go and do this when it clearly only brings more traffic to the site is beyond me. Heck, if anything, they should support it.

Once again, Gaia shows they'll stop at nothing to become the money-hungry corporation they're turning into, and once again, they fail to realize this can only make things worse for them. Good job, whoever made this decision. If I weren't a regular user, I'd be looking forward to seeing them close up their doors asap, just because of the obnoxious things like these.

Stellar Succubus

Ill miss the functionality in the word games.

And for being able to find an item by pose name.

ps. I dont know how to avatar anymore. Im a mess.

Hungry Immortal

38,775 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Cookie Collector 400
Come to think of it... if they did this with tektek, doesn't it mean BetterGaia app is next? neutral

Celestial Shapeshifter

Beau Bishop
Come to think of it... if they did this with tektek, doesn't it mean BetterGaia app is next? neutral

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. If they're sending C & D notifications it only makes sense. If it only stays with Tektek then it's for sure because of recolor.me/

The Peten's Fangirl

Pirate

36,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Beau Bishop

Ugh, I hate to say this but you might be right! (I really hope they don't take BG down)

Tiny Shapeshifter

Beau Bishop
Who knows. The reason(s) given to Tektek's take down was due to Gaia intellectual property (image) thinger machiger hoopla. At least, that's what I'm getting from the letter.

BetterGaia is just a layout changer that doesn't really affect Gaia's traffic at all (if not improve traffic on Gaia). If Tektek was stripped down to the bare-bones of just the Tektek-toolbar (color coding texts, post styles, etc), then I doubt there'd be any issue.

Either way, it's a stupid move on Gaia's part. Taking away something super convenient, especially one that's been tightly integrated into its community, ain't going to do them any favors (no matter how they word it).

Invisible Junior

I really hate this decision but it does make sense, even just a little with the copyright on the items
and all the marks and things. But instead of taking it down, I was hoping that they'd make it official
or maybe ask the owner of tektek to work with them on an official version of all those useful things.

It's really BS and I hope they re-consider and think things a little more thoroughly. I just hope you guys
aren't right about BetterGaia. I would totally flip and definitely will go strongly against it.

Hungry Immortal

38,775 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Cookie Collector 400
Bonny Lass Minty
Beau Bishop

Ugh, I hate to say this but you might be right! (I really hope they don't take BG down)

I know, I almost literally simply can't use Gaia without it. It makes everything run much smoother and faster. They're technically not using any Gaia material... except for maybe the code (I don't know how it works), so perhaps we can avoid the worst... but I still fear the worst. >.<

King Noob

- - -
Aw man that's ********' weak.
Like everyone else i'm hopin' they replace the features here. But I know they won't...

I mean, i'm not too surprised Tektek finally ends, it wasn't keeping up with Gaia for a long time. Plus the whole advertising their own separate avatar site.
Still though, it's been such a big, underground part of Gaia's history.
It's a shame to see it go.
- - -

O.G. Demigod

13,325 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
They finally shut him down,huh?
That really sucks, I remember using Tektek for more than just Gaia uses. I used to use them as bases for OCs long ago.

I don't know why they couldn't just work with him rather than shut it down. It had so many useful tools! Not to mention that its been around 5ever and its something that pretty much every Gaian knows about. I think Gaia shot itself in the foot sending him C and Ds

Partying Pumpkin

Beau Bishop

ಥ_ಥ

Hungry Immortal

38,775 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Cookie Collector 400
communikation
Beau Bishop

ಥ_ಥ

Sorreh! D:

Partying Pumpkin

Beau Bishop
Sorreh! D:

at least you ripped the band-aid off quickly.
now the anxiety has settled in.

/heavy breathing intensifies

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas