Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Gawker

After 7+ years with a flip phone. I am finally coming into the 21st century with a smart phone, I'm getting a Samsung galaxy phone for only 1 dollar refurbished. I don't recall what model it is though.
But ya....even though I only got 1 person I talk to. It'd be nice to finally have a camera I can use, and gps. Other than that, those are my main uses most likely. Half the time I'll have it off since I spend most of my time at home.

Bloodthirsty Hellhound

13,600 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Campaign Manager 500
1Sunder
I'm getting a Samsung galaxy phone for only 1 dollar refurbished.

Who is selling it that cheap? O.O
GenderBend
Who is selling it that cheap? O.O

Ditto. You're sure the thing doesn't have any hidden problems?

Aged Gawker

at&t is selling it that cheap. It was on their site. lol And they've been selling phones that cheap for years....

Bloodthirsty Hellhound

13,600 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Campaign Manager 500
1Sunder
at&t is selling it that cheap. It was on their site. lol And they've been selling phones that cheap for years....

Are you getting it with a contract?

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
User Image

You'll love having a smartphone. You can upload pictures to Facebook, videos to YouTube, etc. It's great.

User Image

Aged Gawker

GenderBend
1Sunder

Obviously had to get a new contract. And yes a 40$ "fee" was part of it. Which doesn't really count towards the phone it self. So I guess in a technical sense I payed 41$ for it? lol.....even though it was a fee and not the actual price. Well the new contract I understood because I had my old phone for over I don't even know exactly, roughly between 6 and 8 years....I don't even remember what year I originally got it. So ya typical at&t forcing contracts, ya I couldn't find any deal that didnt have a contract. I understand there is phone companies that exist that don't require contracts but they are not in my area unfortunately.

Bloodthirsty Hellhound

13,600 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Campaign Manager 500
1Sunder
GenderBend
1Sunder

Obviously had to get a new contract. And yes a 40$ "fee" was part of it. Which doesn't really count towards the phone it self. So I guess in a technical sense I payed 41$ for it? lol.....even though it was a fee and not the actual price. Well the new contract I understood because I had my old phone for over I don't even know exactly, roughly between 6 and 8 years....I don't even remember what year I originally got it. So ya typical at&t forcing contracts, ya I couldn't find any deal that didnt have a contract. I understand there is phone companies that exist that don't require contracts but they are not in my area unfortunately.

Alrighty that is what I was thinking. Lol. Still, less than what it would have costed on it's own. $41 as opposed to the multiple hundred dollars Galaxy phones typically cost is still a lot better of a price XD Most companies try and get people into contracts. I work for a phone company so I know all too well about that. Out of the dozens of packages I sell, only 2 come without a contract... So yeah, companies really love to get people into contracts xP In the end they profit off of the contract, even though you get the phone for such a low price.

But congrats on getting a new phone and hopefully you enjoy it!

Shadowy Sleuth

20,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hunter 50
i too rarely use my phone but i'd never sign up for a contract. theres this free phone service called freedompop which i've been thinking about (you only pay for the phone) but lots of negative comments about the company.

but still free (monthly quota) talk/text/web? talk is supposedly pretty unreliable but i think i'd be alright with it

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff