Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Do you like pancakes?

Yes. 0.63380281690141 63.4% [ 90 ]
No. 0.0070422535211268 0.7% [ 1 ]
When drizzling in syrup if you know what I mean. ;D 0.1830985915493 18.3% [ 26 ]
No. Waffle is the best! 0.1056338028169 10.6% [ 15 ]
The pancake is a lie. 0.070422535211268 7.0% [ 10 ]
Total Votes:[ 142 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14 >

Secret Kirari's Princess

Romantic Bard

22,300 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
idleRAT
I'd never really thought about it before, I'd assumed Americans observed Lent, etc. too as it's a religious holiday, but it seems not.
Some more religious Americans observe Lent, but it's usually more of a choice of what to give up. I know some people give up internet or video games for it, which is what I did before I was a godless heathen. It's a good option for people with dietary restrictions that can't give up food.

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Russell Ace: Super Handsome Cards Dealer 500
I am the embodiment of fear and evil

Aww, is the pancake mood bubble a manual grant? I was hoping for clicking on a link since I'm going to be gone for a while today. Here's hoping that NPC Pancakes is the one giving them out and willing to give a mood bubble to a hungry Shrimpie while I'm out. emotion_kirakira

On the subject of free pancake day, if our local IHOP wasn't all the way across town I'd be willing to visit it today. As I can't visit, I hope people get lots and lots of fluffy pancakes today. emotion_yatta

of the House of Demonic Dreams

Vannequin's Senpai

Dead Potato

51,450 Points
  • You Thought.. 500
  • not released 500
        Happy Pancake Day GCD! c:
        I kind of want to go to IHOP, but I know they'll be packed so I'll just sit at home and sob over lack of flappy jacks.

yum_tea Do you wish we have an item where we can hold a stack of pancakes? I'd actually like an item where you stand on a plate in between two stacks of giant pancakes. Or your body is sandwiched in between two pancakes with a thing of butter on your head. Similar to the paw items where their heads stick out from between two layers of cake. P:

yum_donut How will you feel if Gaia celebrate a day in honor of our NPCs? What will you like Gaia to do? Not sure, but they should celebrate by treating me out to pancakes. :greedygreedy:

yum_cupcake What's your favorite type of pancake? I'm actually a plain Jane when it comes to pancakes. Butter those suckers up and top them with a reasonable amount of syrup! waffles are when I like to get fancy

Also.. I need to know who the other 6 people are who said that waffles are the best. We are of breakfast food kin..
        crying heart

Smol Cutie-Pie

24,590 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
My favorite pancake? The ones I don't burn. Pumpkin pancakes. Pancakes are my only cooking weakness. T__T

I wonder what other NPCs favorite pancakes are? I can picture Logan with a huge stack of pancakes in his cabin. xd

Self-sustaining Simp

theramblinggirl
idleRAT
I'd never really thought about it before, I'd assumed Americans observed Lent, etc. too as it's a religious holiday, but it seems not.
Some more religious Americans observe Lent, but it's usually more of a choice of what to give up. I know some people give up internet or video games for it, which is what I did before I was a godless heathen. It's a good option for people with dietary restrictions that can't give up food.

Oh that's interesting, thank you heart Do you have the pancake-eating part before lent too? That's the best part. People do the giving up other things bit here too, smoking, drinking, etc. are pretty common, people mostly pick indulgent things, I think.

I'm not religious(godless heathens, unite!), but the pancake part is something pretty much everyone does here, it's weird to find out it's not really a thing in the US.

Although IHOP is delicious, if we had them here, I'd absolutely join in with any holidays they created >.>

---

I think a pancake-holding item would be nifty, but I'd prefer some kind of greedy/"stuffing your face full of pancakes" item. :B

C 's Fav

Smol Kitten

35,550 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150
.: [ I had pancakes last night for dinner!! biggrin I feel like the world knew it was pancake day. 3nodding
Love them the best with jam and cream.
I'm glad pancake showed up today too!
] :.

Mythrill Knight

80,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Stargazing Knight 500
  • Shopkeep's Apprentice 500
St V-Starr

Even in real life it's been so long since I ate pancakes. I usually eat waffles or get Subway when I do wake up in time for breakfast.

It's been a pretty long time since I've had pancakes too xD I'm never hungry in the morning for real breakfast

Sahdomi's Princess

Fistpumping Pumpkin

31,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hairspray Heaven 500
  • Conventioneer 300
idleRAT
theramblinggirl
idleRAT

Oh that's interesting, thank you heart Do you have the pancake-eating part before lent too? That's the best part. People do the giving up other things bit here too, smoking, drinking, etc. are pretty common, people mostly pick indulgent things, I think.

I'm not religious(godless heathens, unite!), but the pancake part is something pretty much everyone does here, it's weird to find out it's not really a thing in the US.

Although IHOP is delicious, if we had them here, I'd absolutely join in with any holidays they created >.>

---

I think a pancake-holding item would be nifty, but I'd prefer some kind of greedy/"stuffing your face full of pancakes" item. :B

User Image

Episcopalian checking in!

One of our favorite things to do during the lenten season is Pancake breakfasts and Fish Fry Cook-Offs. We will usually do three of each for the congregation to get in on. We do a final one of each right before Holy week to crown the "champion" of that year. Their prize is to actually sit at the table with the Priest for Easter brunch. We've only had a repeat winner once in the 10 years I've been going there.

Also, for us it is customary to take one thing on rather than to give something up. While the logic of forgoing something sounds like the perfect tribute, taking on something (visiting local nursing homes, collecting items for women's shelters, visiting hospitals, handing out warm meals to the less fortunate or taking on a new personal study/reading) are much more proactive disciplines.

Hellraiser

58,025 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Auriga La Shock
St V-Starr

Even in real life it's been so long since I ate pancakes. I usually eat waffles or get Subway when I do wake up in time for breakfast.

It's been a pretty long time since I've had pancakes too xD I'm never hungry in the morning for real breakfast

I'm turned into a sleep all day, party all night type of person. Even though I really watch TV, play video games, and write all night kinda person. XD

My mom did get a waffle iron for Christmas so as long as we have mix, I can make myself waffles whenever I want!

Casrial's Bae

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Menstrual Cramps
Meromictic
Menstrual Cramps
Meromictic
I got a pancake mood bubble with the following message

Quote:
(The pancakes before you are almost too delicious to have been born of this earth. The pancakes are rumored to have descended from a higher plane of lightly toasted euphoria.)

Can't argue with that.

User Image

All hail Pancakes, lord of the breakfast foods.
King of Syrup. Prince of Butter.

May its golden syrup rain down upon us in good fortune.

User Image

I feel a new NPC thread/Religion coming on.
I want that Grave Danger event back right now in the most nostalgic of ways. LOL

I'm okay with this new thread/religion

I wasn't really around for that event. |D But it sounded like fun when I heard about it.

Shade

16,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Devin 200
  • Punk Patrol 250
yay 4 free pancake mood bubble?
thank?
also hail the return of the great pancake spirit

Mythrill Knight

80,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Stargazing Knight 500
  • Shopkeep's Apprentice 500
St V-Starr

I'm turned into a sleep all day, party all night type of person. Even though I really watch TV, play video games, and write all night kinda person. XD

My mom did get a waffle iron for Christmas so as long as we have mix, I can make myself waffles whenever I want!

That's me over summer/winter vacation xD Sadly, I can't do that during the quarter because of school/work

lol Waffles are a good alternative to pancakes. I think I would make a mess if I tried making waffles though

Program_Virus's Husband

Manly Wife

I honestly wasn't aware this was a thing until my sister took me to get some free pancakes lol
THEY ARE GOOD THOUGH.

Hellraiser

58,025 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Auriga La Shock
St V-Starr

That's me over summer/winter vacation xD Sadly, I can't do that during the quarter because of school/work

lol Waffles are a good alternative to pancakes. I think I would make a mess if I tried making waffles though

With me, it's over the weekend and if I have school the next day or not. I'm on "spring" break right now so this is the most I get to do until the term ends. X3

I'm experimenting with waffle making, it's just a matter of time until I know how much batter I need to make the perfect waffle. X3
I LOVE pancakes! Especially topped with bananas, hmmm..

I have this recipe I've been meaning to try out for pancake muffins- I call them puffins! I really want to try it out, but I'm holding off until Mothers' Day to make it special. Also, I have to ask this: do you guys consider pancakes a main dish? I know most do. I think it's more of a desert though. My family eats really unhealthy, so when we do eat pancakes they always have A LOT topped with a ton of syrup, and even have cinnamon rolls/donuts/whatever afterward. (There is a reason why my grandpa is diabetic and my Dad is borderline diabetic after all. sweatdrop )

Anyways, YES, I LOVE pancakes, but in moderation. There should be a pancake march, lol!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff