Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friska Traumen's Husband

Mega Man-Lover

User Image

So I haven't shopped for art since like...2012. Maybe 2013. Recently, however, one of my friends decided to gift me 4 billion gold, and it's no use holding on to it...

What the hell happened to this place?

Man, 50K used to BE something. I remember buying an item for like 7000 gold back in the day and now it's worth 900 million - and apparently that's nothin' these days? And now I'm seeing all this s**t like Tier this and So-And-So's Wife that, people throwin' around the letter T like Sesame Street in a Chinese restaurant...I just wanna buy some art, guys.

What do we get for ten dollars 4 billion? As long as it isn't #2 on a paper plate, it's fine with me, I guess.
Draw one of these guys. Don't draw my avatar, I literally haven't changed it in over five years. Stick with the OCs. Or like, draw me a Mega Man character or something, I'unno.

C'mon, guys. This is your chance to either make an old man very happy, or fleece him out of a shitload of money.

If any of you from the earlier years of Gaia happen to drop in, feel free to hang around and reminisce about the good old days. We can tell all these '14ers and '15ers to get off our lawn.

Friska Traumen's Husband

Mega Man-Lover

Oh, boobs are fair game, too. I love boobs.
If you don't believe me, ask my wife.
I remember seeing you awhile back! 4bil is like chump change tbh. But you can get art with it, I'm sure.
Ah yes, boobs are always good! emotion_dowant

Friska Traumen's Husband

Mega Man-Lover

Hah, I was afraid of that. Earlier one of my bros was like "lol that might get you a sketch or something." Which is fine by me, that's one sketch I didn't have before.

Also, I think I vaguely remember seeing you in one of my old threads as well...could be wrong though. Still good to see not everyone has left for greener pastures.
Remember when I first joined when that orange hamster hat used to be like 5k and, holy s**t ballz that was expensive.

How things have changed.
The real last time I had been on searching these boards was back in 2013, and 100k-300k was average for a piece of art.

Friska Traumen's Husband

Mega Man-Lover

Yeah, that's about how I remember it too. You could get something pretty damn good for 100K or so, even a decent colored FB if you played your cards right. Maybe a mil or two for something WHOOOAAAAAA quality. Now a mil is like...third-world country status.

They may as well rename the site Zimbabwe Online.
My art used to be 50k and now it's 50bil. I'm not happy with raising it up, but I couldn't buy art if I didn't.

I'm also not a fan of the quote system, it makes people lazy to check back. Not saying I don't use it because I have to now. I'm just whining.

Friska Traumen's Husband

Mega Man-Lover

Yeah, you're not really to blame though, nor are any other artists or the art community as a whole. The economy's been going to crap and you guys are just trying to stay afloat. Don't let it cut you too deep.

And I actually feel you on the quote system. It's handy to have, but people's reliance on it has made threads less...personal, in my opinion. You used to have to actively check up on threads to stay on top of the conversation. Now you've got folks who will straight up state they won't respond unless you quote them.

(Of course, I say this without quoting...)
I normally quote, but only if I have no other method of getting ones attention.
I used to know how much my art went for. xD Now I have no idea. Tried to get a quote in the forum that does that. They gave me like 3b for like a fullbody full shaded image, and that just makes me want to say. "Yeah You say this but how many furry artists do you see here? One who ACTUALLY draws them regularly." But to do so is rude.
That and, 3b isn't enough for me to show interest in even drawing a sketch since I couldn't really get one for that price.
I do a lot of freebies to try balance my greed too... Makes me feel better.

It became one and one versus talking to a whole group of people using @. I'm considering making all my threads use @ so that I know who really wants art.

Since we're already ranting. I'm hating the new main tabs, they really turned me away from here for a while.

Quick sketch for you
@ Nezu: :/ I don't trust the Price Suggesting forum. Have you tried making a bribe shop in the Art Shops forum? That's how I price my art now.
@Sagiso

I normally wouldn't use that forum but it had been 2 years since I had been here, and wanted a ballpark idea. xD I considered when i got it, but looking around? Oh god yeah no, I wasn't doing that much for that price.
I wouldn't open a shop. Knowing the gaian crowd? Human, female, prefers a chibi. The 3 things I HATE doing. xD

I could specify on what I am willing to draw, but usually those other furry threads die fast. So I roam the request areas. If the character interests me, furry or not, I may post something. If not? Eh off to the next thread.
@Nezu: Wow, you must be overwhelmed with all the changes. I've been on and off active for a while now so I stay pretty up to date. Ugh, true, everyone loves a chibi. I don't think having a temp furry shop would be bad. There's some dedicated furry lovers still here. Did you draw your sig?

I'm feeling so nostalgic using @s again! I love it, now I'll definitely make all my threads use it muahaha.

Friska Traumen's Husband

Mega Man-Lover

I'm posting from mobile 99% of the time, so I usually use the Quick Reply box. Using an @ or referencing someone by name or context is my M.O. when posting unless I specifically need to summon someone.

(I'm also usually posting from work, so forgive me if I'm a little slow to reply.)

Thank you for the freebie, by the way! I appreciate it quite a bit. It's funny, so far I've had better luck with art here than in AF...

All of the site's new features confuse me, honestly. I stopped clicking on the Announcements years ago when they started coming a dozen a day to advertise some new RIG/EI/pyramid scheme, so I was never able to keep up when things started changing. I have no idea what GoFusion is or what that stupid orange Tier box under my money is for.
@Nineball: No worries, you're lucky you can use your phone at work. I'm more impressed that you can type such long responses.

Happy to draw for you. I haven't had a conversation like this for a while. A good talk is worth more than the billions art goes for.

The Art Freebies have changed. I used to make friends so easily there. Now I'm annoyed just posting there so I gave up chatting. Even the people who do chat don't seem to put as much into their responses now.

Yes, announcements are awful. I click them for the rare chance of finding something that I get a little excited about. GoFusion trades charms for items. You can collect charms through daily chance, but really you can't get enough unless you buy them. As for the tier just ignore that, its more rewards for spending real money.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff