User Image
or you can draw my current if you want~
I'm going to start right now`♡`

Dangerous Gawker

7,700 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
What kind of pen do you ink with? I think you could do better with a different pen. When coloring, think in careful layers. Use a white soft eraser to remove the base layer, then reapply same base only in large areas, leaving small parts as "highlights". Keep going with your shadows and such. This is a pretty good technique I use to control how much wax I put down. If you use other tools to color with, I suggest experimenting with them. Do you sketch these first or work straight with pen?

Other than working on your anatomy, I think you've got some mad skills. I like your tastes and attention to details.

Tiny Pup

Chris_chris
What kind of pen do you ink with? I think you could do better with a different pen. When coloring, think in careful layers. Use a white soft eraser to remove the base layer, then reapply same base only in large areas, leaving small parts as "highlights". Keep going with your shadows and such. This is a pretty good technique I use to control how much wax I put down. If you use other tools to color with, I suggest experimenting with them. Do you sketch these first or work straight with pen?

Other than working on your anatomy, I think you've got some mad skills. I like your tastes and attention to details.
thank you so much. And yeah lately I've just been going head first and goingright in with pen. No sketching before hand. I think I should start though. I see what you are saying. I usually use micron or pilot pens.

Dangerous Gawker

7,700 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
N e k o m i m i B a b y

thank you so much. And yeah lately I've just been going head first and goingright in with pen. No sketching before hand. I think I should start though. I see what you are saying. I usually use micron or pilot pens.

Nah man, keep going with pen. Work with it til you're able to get as good with it as you would a pencil. With that in mind tho, I'd suggest other pens. I use a Piolet Percise V5, extra fine. It's a rolling ball pen with really produces fine lines that come out nicer. The only draw back is that its a liquid ink and when heated too much it tends to bleed instead of roll out. It dries quicker and doesn't smear when coloring (also long as you give it about ten minutes to set.) Extra fine sharpies are good too, except if you leave it in one spot too long it bleeds out.

I think with practice you'll get good with a pen to not need a pencil. But if you're hesitant, make pencil thumbnails to get your ideas out. This way you can lay out the skeletal and structure of the image.

Tiny Pup

Chris_chris
N e k o m i m i B a b y

Nah man, keep going with pen. Work with it til you're able to get as good with it as you would a pencil. With that in mind tho, I'd suggest other pens. I use a Piolet Percise V5, extra fine. It's a rolling ball pen with really produces fine lines that come out nicer. The only draw back is that its a liquid ink and when heated too much it tends to bleed instead of roll out. It dries quicker and doesn't smear when coloring (also long as you give it about ten minutes to set.) Extra fine sharpies are good too, except if you leave it in one spot too long it bleeds out.

I think with practice you'll get good with a pen to not need a pencil. But if you're hesitant, make pencil thumbnails to get your ideas out. This way you can lay out the skeletal and structure of the image.
*writes notes* wow thank you for these awesome tips emotion_kirakira it feels good to know someone has faith in me, sometimes I get so discouraged.

Dangerous Gawker

7,700 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
No prob! Its easy to get discouraged when you get little support and commentary. Its important to remember that you draw for you. Keep experimenting and finding what you like and go crazy with it. That's what passion is all about.

You got this.

Friendly Phantom

N e k o m i m i B a b y

i tried out a new style so i hope you like it !~ ; w ;
~<333

User Image

Tiny Pup

Heavy Metal Tea Party
N e k o m i m i B a b y

i tried out a new style so i hope you like it !~ ; w ;
~<333

User Image
omg this is so amazingly beautiful! I love it so so much and I love the back ground and my name next to it! Bat girls~`♡`~I'm still working on yours.

OG Noob

I really enjoy your art and how complex it can be C:
It reminds me of Tim Burton movies which is why I appreciate it so much

Friendly Fatcat

13,075 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
I like them, more than I thought I would. Especially the first one!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff