Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Raider

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
[ A I D A N ]

Aidan pressed his fingers against his temple, "Again, with the not answering of questions." He stood and nonchalantly strolled to the door, peeking outside to make sure no one was listening in, and quietly closing it. "Okay, let's try a little give and take." The demon dropped down to sit on the edge of the dusty bed and leaned back on his hands. "I've spoken to him once; not sure if that means I know him. An acquaintance, perhaps. Now, you should tell me where Lucia is so I don't have to find her."

Quotable Hunter

6,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Full closet 200
|alexandra| T i n e l

"Lucia?" Alex began to stand up, dusting herself off as she did so. Then when she finished her debacle of getting up, she let out a huff, then began to pin the necklace around her neck.
"I'm afraid you just barely missed her," she answered as she struggled to tie the buckle at the back of her neck, "She just stepped out to...run for her life from the castle guards." the handmaiden averted her eyes, then spun around to look into the mirror and to finish off her struggle with the necklace. Alex flipped back her hair before she turned to face the man again.

"...But thats a long story. Are you going to tell me who you are then? An answer for an answer?" The handmaiden hadn't missed that he had also been dodging her questions, her dying curiosity was making her rather confident.

|annabelle| D o r m e r

Fashionable Raider

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
[ A I D A N ]

"Leave her alone for one day..." Aidan muttered as he watched the girl struggle with a simple necklace. "I...am an entrepreneur and Lucia is my employee but it turns out that keeping track of my workers is a lot harder when the thing I'm tracking them with is taken by someone else. What do you need it for, exactly?"

Quotable Hunter

6,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Full closet 200
|alexandra| T i n e l

Alex noted his staring at her necklace. "Hmm? This? This is my family heirloom?" she answered questioningly. "What do you mean a tracker? Am i being tracked now? Is this..." she let out a gasp, "Is this how you found me?"

|annabelle| D o r m e r

Fashionable Raider

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
[ A I D A N ]

Aidan scoffed at her words, trailing with a quiet chuckle. "And what would I need to track you for?" He was definitely finding her amusing at the very least, albeit a little naive to the situation. Most would run and call for help but this one was more curious than anything. The Tinels were something. "I chose that necklace because it has quite a fun magic signature to it, but also because I know Lucia would never let it go, so I assume you took it with those...grubby little hands of yours."

Quotable Hunter

6,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Full closet 200
|alexandra| T i n e l

Alex was incredulous, to say the least. "Excuse me?" the girl answered, with a half smile in her disbelief. The man was odd. He knew her brother, but did not know the importance of the necklace? She was finding him to be rather aggravating now. The nerve! A person that was equivalent to her experience with Lady Dormer was the only way to put this. Except he didn't seem dressed like a noble, or seemed to be part of any house she already knew at the castle.
"You're the one who came to me. And clearly you're blind as a bat looking for Lucia here in this godforsaken part of the castle. This necklace is Tinel property, and it has gone through generations of respected Lords and Ladies who have defended the North, who have outsmarted the ice-born enemies in the winter war, and who have fought valiantly for what they have believed in. My brother originally had this necklace, and it was intended to pass onto me in time. Therefore the only thing I will do with my grubby hands, is use them to point your grubby self towards the door!" she finished off her speech with a "harumph", feeling a surge of protection for her house.

|annabelle| D o r m e r

Fashionable Raider

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
[ A I D A N ]

Aidan yawned as Alex went on her rant, waiting for her to finish before pushing himself off the bed and walking over to her. He loomed over her, his smirk more prominent than ever, and with a single finger he hooked it under the charm on the necklace, lightly pulling her just a little closer. "Aren't you feisty? But as I recall, your brother gave Lucia this necklace, so I'm not sure what this 'passing on' business is. Also, don't raise your voice; a noble should be polite and poised, correct?" A film slid in from the sides of his eyes, shifting them to black, his irises shining through in gold.

Eternal Vampire

10,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
[ A R T E M I S ] / G E R E T H / I V O R Y

Gereth closed the Dragonomicon and placed it and several papers into his bag. "It's time to go." He left the room and woke up Artemis with a knock on his door, when everyone was in Gereth spoke to them. "With the help of our insider, getting into the castle and to the catacombs will be of minimal difficulty, assuming of course nothing unexpected happens. However, once we reach the sub levels where the shrine is, there's no telling what will be waiting for us. Everyone needs to be on their guard, especially once we get to the basement."
The crew of outlaws snuck back to the castle sluice gate without incident. In just a few minutes, their mission would begin.

Dapper Explorer

5,500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
[ R O W A N ]

Rowan tugged at the loose hood and scarf covering her head and face and followed silently to the sluice gate. Presumably someone would be there shortly to let them in...

Ash started awake, but immediately smiled when he saw who it was, "Oh, Miss Astarte! I am so glad you are returned! The protections on your room are finished and keyed to this bauble, all you need do is speak the correct words to activate them and adjust any permissions in the spell weave. What else can I do for you?" He handed over the glass orb, which, while clear, now had a distinct shimmer to it. He awaited his orders like a puppy, large happy eyes and attentive posture, somehow through all he'd been through the magical sword still remained strapped to his shoulder as well, though he did not have much in the means of armor, nor was it likely he would be able to cast much powerful magic for a period, he still seemed raring to go.

[ A S H ]
[ R A N I M A D R I X ]

Ranimadrix had decided to follow Odeir, as he was still unfamiliar of the layout of the castle. Seeing the somewhat crazy cook startled him, quickly slipping behind Odeir to hide. As she left, he slowly stepped back out. "What... what was that about?"
Soρhonisɓa

Sophie grinned as she examined the bauble, sensing the web of magical energies tied to it. It was good work, almost as good as one of her mother's pet mages. She stashed it in a secret pocket in one of the robes hung near her bed, then turned, smile fading.

"I have something to admit to you first..." Sophie bit her lip, and smoothed out a wrinkle in her sash, pretending to be anxious and demur. "You should know that I'm not fully human. I only tell you this, because I think I do feel something real for you, and I want what we have to be special."

Sophie nearly rolled her eyes at the tripe rolling out of her mouth, but the enamored mage lapped it up. "My love, I'm not fully human. There is blood of the Siren sisters of the Eastern Shores in my veins, as well as the blood of the Astarte Lineage."

Feigning a fear of rejection, Sophie pulled back uncertainly from him. But she knew he wouldn't reject her, not with her song buzzing in his ear, or so soon after a kiss.

Dapper Explorer

5,500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
[ R O W A N ]

Rowan was still waiting at the sluice gate.

Ash was not for a second taken aback, all that filled his mind was reassuring her, "Nothing you could ever claim to be would shock or surprise me, I love whom I love! And that is you, Mistress! I would follow you to the ends of the earth if you asked it of me!" He found himself on a knee before her, as if swearing his fealty to royalty, he looked up at her, eyes full of hope and love, not a single doubt was in those large green eyes.

[ A S H ]
Soρhonisɓa

"Yes, well. Thank you, my sweet." Sophie looked down at him, bending a knee to her and gazing into her eyes with his green ones, loyalty unwavering. "It's not the ends of the Earth, but I'd like you to accompany me tonight on brief journey."

Standing, Sophie offered a hand down to the mage, and helped him to stand. She then took his arm, and they left her room, Sophie humming softly as they did so. Anyone observing her room would be fast asleep, and remain so until she returned.

They quickly moved through the palace, working their way to the sluice gate. They passed nobles, servants, and guards unseen, the people yawning, and blinking drowsily as the pair swept by. Before long, they reached a small door at the end of a hallway. Through it was the access to the castle waterworks, a system of magically sourced springs of water that kept the castle supplied with fresh water and helped to maintain the luxurious gardens. It would serve both as a way for the party of infiltrators to enter the palace as well as a route to underneath it.

Entering the door, Sophie led Ash through several tunnels, until they emerged in a small reservoir. Signaling for him to wait, Sophie ducked down a side tunnel, following it until it stopped at a grate in the wall. Peering out, Sophie whistled three times, all long notes, a questioning sound. In the thieves guild of the Eastern Shores it was signal used to see if a partner was ready for a plan to begin.

Eternal Vampire

10,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
[ A R T E M I S ] / G E R E T H / I V O R Y

Gereth heard the three long whistles, Of course she would use the eastern branch's signals. Now let's see, what's the proper response... Gereth thought for a moment and whistled three short tones, the eastern thieves' signal of readiness. Gereth motioned for the group to move to the sluice grate.

(((CUZ THIS IS FILLERRR! FILLER NIGHT!)))
Soρhonisɓa

Three short tones returned. The party was ready. Sophie watched as figures approached the sluice gate.

The gate itself was about 5 feet off the ground, set into the foundation of the castle. A single stream of water lazily dribbled out of it, and Sophie stood on the catwalk that ran along the edge of the drainage pipe.

The stream of water didn't remain lazy for long. Sophie began a song, much different from her drowsing aria earlier. This song called to the water, lifting the stream in the air, making it circle in a fine line against the grate, cutting through the ancient metal, then bending it out. The song reached a crescendo as it the grate creaked out, providing enough space for the people to slip through. Sophie maintained the song, calling the water into the shape of a liquid staircase that would hold the group's weight as they climbed up.

It was a bit showy for Sophie's taste, but she wanted to make clear the balance of power in her dealings with these people.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff