Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eternal Vampire

10,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
[ A R T E M I S ] / G E R E T H / I V O R Y

"Hey, I got away with it, didn't I?" Artemis knew that even if Ivory and Rowan did nothing, him and Gereth could probably beat her, she was unarmed, and seemed not to want to fight. However the sound of heavy foot steps, and clanking armor was beginning to come from the way she had come.
Is it a trap, no, there would be no need to risk the captain, she would at the very least have a decent set of clothes and some kind of weapon. There's only one logical explanation: The guards are chasing the captain. And their close by, this base isn't safe right now. It will be a real shame if they find my little project, but it could be avoided... We'll either have to kill the pursuing guards or lure them away. It may be possible to use her to get to the next shrine, it's risky but... Gereth wanted little to do with the Captain, or ex-captain or whatever she was at this point, chances were that it was Artemis who had gotten her kicked out of the castle.
"I have a proposition for you, we require in depth knowledge of the castle's sub levels. In return for this knowledge, we will help you elude the guards, and potentially clear your name."
"Wait, we'll do what now?"
"Do we have a deal?"

Dapper Explorer

5,500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
[ R O W A N ]

Rowan pushed her hood back and revealed the strange scales now covering parts of her left cheek and slowly spreading across the bridge of her nose, "One small turn deserves another, she already helped me in the castle, and all Hood there did was steal my book. If you do not help her now, I will simply kill anything that comes through this area..." This type of response was not usual for her, but she needed to reach that shrine, something essential was there, perhaps a cure. She removed the cloth from around her left hand and began to step past the gang of thieves with her amber eyes trained on the still distant pursuers.

Ash couldn't think at all with the birds clawing and pecking at him, he had completely forgotten that he even had his sword still strapped to his back, not that he would use it against the palace wildlife but amongst its powers it could have summoned a wind to blow the damn birds out of his hair. He still couldn't think when suddenly a strange song seemed to pierce the air and settle the entire area, he managed to regain his feet, but his only desire was to find the source of the haunting melody. The next thing he knew someone's lips were pressed to his, and he was completely alright with this turn of events. It felt as though fireworks were exploding in his mind, his whole body felt alive and his skin tingled, finally he was able to breathe but all he could do was stare at the beauty before him with large green puppy eyes and a lopsided grin.

"You're...wonderful..." he whispered to her, he simply had to let her know, she deserved to know how fantastic she was, after all. Somewhere, far back in his mind a warning bell was ringing, but it didn't quite make enough noise. He was already under the sway of Sophonisba Astarte.

[ A S H ]

Fashionable Raider

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200

Lucia nodded to Rowan for her supportive words, noting the reptilian scales that seemed to have taken over most of her face. "...Fine. Deal." She didn't think they would be able to clear her name, and she definitely didn't trust these thieves, but at least she'll get the guards off her back for now and potentially have a place to stay for the night. The squad of guards were fast approaching, now only a few meters away, and Lucia turned to face them, ready to take them on. The knights split into two groups, a few coming to subdue Lucia, the rest going for the thieves. She instantly took out the lead guard with a knee to the groin rather effortlessly with how open he had left himself going for a large top-down swing to slice her in half. The next two picked up on the fact that going in one at a time was probably not the best idea and charged her from two directions, but now armed with her first opponent's sword, they were no better than the new recruits training to fight. She knocked them out with blows to the head, whether it be with her hilt or her trusty elbow, but with her attention split between them, she didn't notice the one flanking her from behind.

The man grabbed her from behind and pressed his blade against her neck. "You have orders to kill?" "Captain Bartholomew said dead or alive, but preferably dead." She scoffed, "It's only been half a day and you've already switched to his side?" "He's a better captain than you could be." "Too bad." He pulled his blade, slicing her neck open. At the same time, she reached down and unsheathed his dagger from his belt, spinning around and ignoring his sword to stab the thin blade into the side of his temple. His eyes glowed a nearly white blue and faded as the light flowed through the dagger and down her arm to collect at the bottom of her tattoo. It seeped into her skin and left a small, seventh tally mark next to the others. She let his body fall and clutched at her neck to staunch the blood still pouring from it.

---

Odeir hooked his hands together behind his back, "If it is suicide, how do you plan to kill a dragon?"

|| Written to: my nasty professor's lecture ||

Eternal Vampire

10,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gender Swap 100

When the ex-captain got her throat cut open, the Artemis thought she was done for. But Gereth had other ideas. However there were four more guards coming, two groups of two on either side of the captain.
"You take the ones on the left. I'll get the right."
"Wait, why are we going to fight to protect someone who's going to bleed out in a few seconds?"
"I have my reasons, are you with me?"
"Always." Artemis ran to the left of the bleeding captain, and Gereth to the right. Artemis got the first strike on one of the guards, stabbing him in his upper thigh and making him fall down in pain. The other one tried to make a counter attack with a vertical slash but Artemis sidestepped it with only an inch of breathing room. The guard's sword stuck into the ground and gave Artemis the chance to finish it. With the hilt of his saber, Artemis smacked the Guard in the forehead, knocking him out. He gave the guard on the ground a good kick in the head to knock him out as well.

Gereth wasn't as nice to the guards he faced. They both saw him coming, but neither one stood a chance. The first guard attempted a stab at Gereth, but he ducked under the blade; and with pinpoint precision stabbed the guard in the wrist, forcing the sword from his hand. The second guard tried to stab Gereth after seeing his comrade get injured. Gereth knew it was coming though; he grabbed the first guard, and spun him around to use as a human shield. The second guard's sword became lodged in the first guard, Gereth threw the useless body to the ground, which pulled the sword with it. And with one lightning fast slash with his remaining dagger, the second guard's neck was slashed open right at the artery.
There seemed to be no guards left in the forest. Gereth wiped the blood from his knives and tucked them back into his sleeves. Artemis too cleaned off his sword and sheathed it. Gereth walked over to the captain and as he had predicted, the wound on her neck had begun to close.
"Seems like you're not entirely human either."

Dapper Explorer

5,500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
[ R O W A N ]

Rowan ended up not having to kill anyone, the other's took care of it instead. She was somewhat relieved, while their village had fended off brutes and bandits alike she had not had to kill anyone up close before, and wasn't sure she really wanted to without just cause. She knelt beside the Captain who had taken a knee and clutched at her throat, the blood was not running freely any longer, but there was quite a bit that had seeped out of the wound and as far as she was aware there was no such spell that could replenish her blood faster. Before Lucia could respond to G's comment she swayed forward slightly and the mage caught her by the shoulders. It appeared she had lost consciousness temporarily, so she pulled the captain's arm over her shoulder and lifted her to her feet.

"If you have another of those safe houses we may wish to retreat to one for the time being. The captain may be able to aid us in locating the shrine below the palace after all."

[ A S H ]

Eternal Vampire

10,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gender Swap 100

Gereth pinched the bridge of his nose with his thumb and index finger and closed his eyes.
This is getting a little out of hand, This base has already been compromised, I'll have to leave it for at least a year. And now it seems we'll be giving up another safe house; to my knowledge, neither Artemis nor Ivory has a safe house that would properly prepare us for what we're going to attempt. It looks like I'll be giving up Beta, although it might be for the best. Beta base hasn't moved in quite a while, when all this is over I'll find a new location for it. Gereth let go of his nose and opened his eyes. Before he decided to address his allies, he walked over to the old shed and put a hand on it. After a moment he took his hand away, made three odd hand signs using both hands, then placed both hands on the door of the shed. He had just used a form of magic he had added his own style to, to cast a concealment spell on the small building. The shed didn't turn invisible or anything, instead, anyone who looked at it would simply regard it as nothing special, and subconsciously ignore it.
"We'll need to head into the city, we'll rest, and resupply at Beta base, It's further from the castle but we can get what we need there." Gereth lead the rest of the group towards the city, while Artemis helped Rowan keep the captain on her feet.

It was about an hour's walk, between the blood deprived captain's diminished speed, and dodging Capitol Guards. The group arrived at Gereth's Beta Base: the entrance was inside an old building, not quite falling apart, but old enough to show signs of no one living in it for several years. The group entered the basement and Gereth pressed a part of the wall to reveal a hidden doorway with a small staircase only. Ten steps down it opened up into a comfortable sized square meeting room with two doors on the each of the other three walls. The main room was furnished with a large rectangular table with three chairs on the long sides, two training dummies, and four bookshelves in a cross pattern in the center of the room; each one was almost overflowing with books of varying sizes and subjects.
"From left to right the doors lead to the following places: A supply room, it's split into two halves, one side has clothes, armor, weapons and other tools, the right side is a kitchen, the chest inside has a time lock spell on it, whenever it's locked all of it's contents are frozen in time. The next four rooms are identical bedrooms. The black door on the right is off limits." Once everyone was inside, Gereth closed the secret door behind them. "Take what you need, rest while you can, we'll reconvene in three hours to form a plan." Without waiting for a response, Gereth walked through the black door and closed it behind him.
"Well, I'm off for a nap. *yawn* I've been awake far too long."
"I thought you said you didn't need much sleep on a regular basis."
"It's beauty rest, and it's a good way to pass the time."
"Whatever you say." Ivory took the back wall's right room for herself. "Well that's that, I guess, We won't be seeing them for three hours. Let's put the captain in the left room so she can sleep off the blood loss, looks like she has some kind of natural healing power; so she probably just needs to let it work." With Rowan's help, Artemis left the captain in the far left bedroom on the simple, but comfortable bed. Then it was just Artemis and Rowan left in the main room. "So..." Artemis was raking his brain to think of something to say, but there were two things he was especially bad at: making small talk, and talking to women. "How did the trip with G go?"

Dapper Explorer

5,500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
[ R O W A N ]

Rowan gave Artemis a sidelong glance, her eyes looked him up and down before she turned to walk to the kitchen area for more food. She was still peckish from not eating for almost a whole day. "We went back to the first shrine, I learned a word and he got upset about not having the whole story, I had a vision that showed me where the next shrine is, then we were stuck and my...and someone helped us get out. Then we came back.And that is all there is to say about that."

She pulled out some cold meat from an ice box, it was fairly fresh yet and appeared to be beef. She sliced into it with a claw just to test her own abilities. It cut surprisingly cleanly and without much pressure from her. With a couple of chunks she started eating and while she chewed she wrapped her arm back up. She still disliked the look, though even over the past couple hours she could feel the scales spreading across her nose and forehead, they itched but hadn't felt hot or burned her clothes lately. She popped another chunk of meat in her mouth and turned back to the hall.

"There was an armory correct? Where was that? We should both be equipped if we intend to descend below the castle, and Captain Lucia will need equipment as well."

[ A S H ]
[ R A N I M A D R I X ]

Ranimadrix shakes his head, sitting down. "I... I don't know. I've never seen a battlefield before. I don't have enough experience to make a strategy." He drummed his fingers on his knees. "If I had a degree of knowledge of the matter, I'm sure I could come up with something..." He chuckled to himself. "Time is certainly one thing I have. Most dragons aren't considered an adult until they're about five hundred years old. I know I won't live to be quite as old as most, but I'll be around for quite a while. The only reason my grandfather doesn't consider me a newborn is because my human blood allowed me to mature much quicker." He sighed, somewhat frustrated. He began to doubt that he even had to become a knight, but what other option would there really be?

Ranimadrix looked up to Odier. "I... I just want to help people, so that no one has to experience losing a loved one." He would have to admit that he didn't have a very firm grasp on human mortality. He knew that humans didn't live nearly as long as dragons, but even three hundred years could be considered 'Not nearly as long'. He looked away. "My father used to tell me stories about brave knights, doing battle with monsters, and saving people from danger. Admittedly... I was afraid of them. After all, I share the blood of some of the monsters those great knights would slay. Even now, the stories make me uneasy. But... even with that... a knight seems to me like a great hero. A man who will do everything in his power to protect people." He shrugged. "It just seems like the most straightforward path."

Fashionable Raider

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200

The whole trip back was a dizzy blur. Lucia was sure she had walked, at least partially, but who had guided her, and where she was lead, she didn't know. All that mattered at the end was the bed she rested on. She laid there, staring at the ceiling, going in and out of microsleep-like states, like her thoughts. What was that b*****d Bartholomew up to now? He probably took over the entire castle at this point and declared me a traitor. Well, I did break out of prison...Hopefully I have a decently high bounty. I hope Alexandra is okay...They can't be stupid enough to think she helped me...I'll have to find a way to contact her and check. Maybe I'll see her when we break into the castle...which seems like a bad idea...but I could clear my name...What's going on with Rowan's face? Lucia rolled over onto her side and grimaced at the feeling of the dried blood cracking all over.

---

"People are going to lose loved ones, regardless of whether or not you are there for them. Do not go into this with that mindset, save your mental health." Odeir heard a knock on his door and opened it just a sliver, enough for the messenger to convey his news in a low voice. The doctor nodded, gave his thanks, and closed the door. "I hope that should you become a knight, you stay on that straight path. It feels as though we have knights succumbing to dark desires everyday."
[ R A N I M A D R I X ]

Ranimadrix stood up. "Well... I can't exactly promise I'd be perfect." He looked to his scaled hand, flexing it. "After all, darkness is in my blood. But I will do my best to overcome that." He looked up to Odier, grinning. "Because that would be the human thing to do."
Soρhonisɓa

As Sophie grinned back at the mage she'd enthralled, she ceased her song and took a good look around the area. Most of the birds had lost interest and wandered off only seconds after the siren call had ceased, and the guards were still passed out on the ground. They wouldn't remember any of this. Just to be safe, Sophie let out an incredibly high pitched note, and tilted her head as she listened to it bounce out and back. There had been no other observers. Good.

"Why don't we head back towards my rooms? I'd love to know what you were doing to cause such a stir, Arcanist..." Pausing after the neutral title for a mage of unknown rank and power, Sophie paused. "Oh my, I don't think we've been introduced. I'm Sophonisba, of the House Astarte. You are?" Sophie batted her eyes at him, waiting.

Eternal Vampire

10,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gender Swap 100

Gereth was multitasking in the room behind the black door, He had several books open on stands atop a long desk; they were scattered in between all manner of alchemical equipment: jars, vials, and bottles filled with different colored liquids and other things. Small burners were lit, heating several of the larger bottles, causing the liquid within to bubble and stream upwards through winding tubes that merged with other bottles and moved forward to deposit the combined chemical into an empty beaker. The small flames that heated the bottles were the only source of light in the room. While the liquids were heating, and fusing, Gereth was pacing back and forth, reading sections of each of the books, flipping pages, and waiting for the alchemy equipment to finish the work he had set in motion. The books were all different tombs, although they all fell into three categories: Alchemy, Succubi, or Sirens. While conducting his experiments, Gereth was trying to determine just what exactly the Astarte woman was, he didn't know for certain, and he didn't like it.
I'm working with extremely limited information right now, any normal person would consider it a miracle that I narrowed down the possibilities to the point I did. But I'm not a normal person, and I have to know for sure. I didn't see any of her facial features thanks to that vale she was wearing, but there has to be something more. Some way to at least raise one possibility over the other, to better than fifty fifty. It was then that one of the books written about Succubus-human offspring gave Gereth what he was looking for. I see, I'm glad I decided to search the shelf of unread books before I started reading, I'd completely forgotten I had this one. So, descendants of a Succubus and a human have several potential giveaways; They'll often have exotic colored hair, bat like wings protruding from their lower back, skin like alabaster, but they will always be unnaturally tall, taller than most men. However, the Silver Maiden wasn't even as tall as Artemis. A smile crept onto Gereth's face when there was only one option remaining. So, the Mighty Astarte Family has Siren blood in their veins. It was a fine puzzle you put before me, but I've solved it Miss Astarte. There is no question that I cannot answer, given enough time. You wanted to manipulate the thieves guild of Capital City, but how will you react when you are the one manipulated? Another piece of the puzzle falls into place, everything is going according to plan. The beaker that the combined fluids had joined in had stopped filling, Right on time, let's see if the Aqua Regia causes a less... violent reaction in the subject. Gereth picked up the half full beaker and walked back into the shadows.

Artemis was a bit confused by the question Rowan had asked, but he shrugged it off, she was probably tired and somewhat out of it. He pointed across the room, to the racks of weapons, armor and dressers of clothes. "It's right over there..." Very out of it.

Ivory was lying motionless on the bed in her room with her eyes closed. Some people believed that undead beings couldn't dream, but those people had never asked an undead that question. Ivory was having a nightmare, a replayed memory of the night she had been turned. It wasn't turning out to be an enjoyable experience.

Fashionable Raider

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200

There wasn't enough air, even with the constant wind blowing against her in an attempt to bury her under the snow, to make her one with the landscape. Her breath was so loud in her ears, loud enough to drown out mother nature, and the sound of her desperate gasps scared her to no end. She wanted to reach up and pull her helmet off, hoping that would allow some air to come through, but nothing moved no matter how hard she tried. Her body fought against any movement, protesting with a sharp pain whenever she tried. 'I'm going to die here,' she thought simply, unsure if she had accepted it or if she couldn't feel the fear through the trauma her body was going through, but she knew for sure that she was regretting dying here in the middle of nowhere. 'This is what I get for running off...' Suddenly, the winter sky blinded her when her helmet visor flew open but a familiar face leaned over and blocked it out. He didn't dare touch her, knowing she was in a lot of pain, but instead carefully pulled her helmet off. It was then she felt the knot in her stomach and began to cry, "I don't want to die."

Lucia jolted awake and quickly scanned the room, her brain slowly waking up to remember where she was. She sighed. The dried blood on her itched now and prompted her to sit up for a few minutes, then go around the room in search of a clean shirt.

---

Odeir smiled and sat back down with an old man grunt. "Do it because it is something you would do, regardless of whether it's because of your dragonic blood or human. Humans are unreliable when it comes to these things." He waved as if to dismiss the entire race. "Now I wish you could have trained with Captain Halacre, she would have been an interesting mentor for you, I think, but it seems she has managed to escape the castle." He pulled a new piece of paper from the stack on his desk and readied his quill, "She was always a wily one."

|| I put Lucia 3 hours later so she'll wait for other people to catch up to her I guess? ||
[ R A N I M A D R I X ]

Ranimadrix was a bit disheartened by the news of Lucia's escape. "Oh... That's... unfortunate... Is there perhaps another that I could receive training from, or perhaps where she would have gone?" He desperately hoped the answer to the latter wasn't the forest.

Quotable Hunter

6,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Full closet 200
|alexandra| T i n e l

Alex had backed up into the corner, completely blocked off and squished in by the castle guards as they all seemed to flood into the dungeon with their swords raised. The handmaiden started to cough as the armored men kicked up the ashes around them--remnants of the explosion that had happened here. None of them seemed to acknowledge her.

"There is nothing left here" "Two prisoners missing"
They were murmuring amongst themselves, assessing the situation, distracted.
"Call the Captain" "Quiet the rest down" The other inmates were still causing a ruckus in the prison. Some of them were crying, most were just yelling and cackling.

Alex bit her lip, gave a small look around her, and then began to slowly shuffle her way behind the guards. They were all facing in the direction of the empty cells, kicking around the leftover belongings of the mage and Lucia. "I can do this, I can make it through." She thought, reassuring herself.
Just when the handmaiden had shuffled past the last guard, she hadn't realized that she had her back pressed against one of the jail cells. A man's hand abruptly came out and grabbed her forearm, and Alex gave a small gasp as she tried to wrench her hand free.
"Why don't you stay a little longer, little lady?" The inmate gave a wide, rotting smile, and Alex could feel the stink of his breath all the way from where she stood.
"Let me go!" she furiously hissed under her breath.

"Indeed my dear, why don't you stay with us?" a large shadow came over the handmaiden just then, "We have ever so much to talk about." Alexandra glanced up, right into the grin of a heavily decorated, bear of a man. He directed his eyes over at the inmate grasping her arm tightly, and the man in the cell visibly faltered and let her go. Alex slowly pulled her arm shakily away, and turned her eyes stubbornly to the side.

"Shall we, Alexandra?" The tall hulking figure held out his elbow for her to hold onto, and the girl had looked up just then, surprised.
"H-How do you know my name?" she answered, greatly confused, and taking his arm with great hesitation.
"I know a great many things," he said with a smirk as he began to escort them out of the dungeon, "And since you, my Lady are bold enough to ask, I will simply have give you my name." The man snapped his fingers, and the rest of the guards began to follow suit.

"You may call me...Captain Bartholomew."

-------

Lady Dormer began to walk on over and seat herself in an empty chair opposite Sophie. They were both seated at opposite heads of the table, and the Lords and Ladies gathered about were now glancing at the both of them. Some tipped their hats and bowed their heads to Lady Dormer. Some continued to fan themselves and eat their meal seemingly deep in thought. Dormer made a mental note of each of these members gathered, people she would have to speak with at some point most likely.

"I was told of your...celebration today, my dear." she answered, crossing her legs daintily, "And I just wanted to...let us speak together. I understand that we may have gotten off on the wrong foot." Lady Dormer turned her head to admire the garden view, a soft breeze blew past. Her demeanor was quite the opposite of how she had acted at the trial. Almost an entirely different personality. She glowed with the elegance of a Lady, a person of power.
"If you will have me, I would like to give you a proper welcome, my dear."

|annabelle| D o r m e r

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas