Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Genius

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Sinai el-Medina

κεντρί

Shake your head and say no
to being a slave to laziness
All those who dont try,
Wake up right now
You want a high position by just sitting in your room?
This isn't a game
why cant you separate it from reality?
Oh yeah, go around a track
Time keeps turning and turning, so far away
Only those who are ready can really talk
Staying in the same place will only make you regret
When you close your eyes...
Whoa!

Sinai hummed in thought. Three years was the human equivalent of about the same time he had spent in the institution as well. He spit the excess poison into the cup before beginning to even attempt speaking again. He pulled the cup closer and looked into the depths of his poison. "I guess... that makes me... somewhat serious." He blinked pale eyes at the electricity mage and thought more deeply upon the phrasing. "Though... that makes me more grave when it comes to cherishing what makes you different whilst among a race of the same."

Distinct Shapeshifter

5,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Friendly 100
User Image
KEVIN
Kevin smiled as he remembered when they had met. "You did look at me like I was some kind of god, why were you so awkward back then?" Kevin thought it was funny how silly people could be when they don't think they can handle it. "But surely you didn't feel that way about me first thing? I wasn't exactly pleasant, I thought you were just another new teacher, one more to help, but nothing special." He paused, "I don't think that anymore."

User Image

"Well, I think all the rooms and everything in them are indestructible.... its part of the spell that keeps Oasis safe from the elements. But if you don't think it is strong enough I could ask to get the spell strengthened... " Fia smiled a little shyly," I hope you like it here."

Dapper Gekko

2,600 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Jordan

Not really knowing what to say, Jordan pushed away from the wall and walked over to the foot of the bed. Unstrapping his back pack, he dropped it on the floor. He turned to look at Fia, "I still think you should put something on that window... I tend to get a little claustrophobic sometimes." Seeing that she didn't quite get what he was saying, he figured he should probably explain his cryptic speech, but he refrained.
User Image
Ykaris gave a solemn nod at his comment. "I won't condemn you for being wary, however..." she shook her head. "They have done you a service correct? Even if they know you are here, we have remained safe here for a reason." She said in an attempt to reassure him.

She regarded Sinai's comment as he addressed Damien. "Magic can take a lifetime to master you two have both come a long ways in your time here."

Greedy Genius

Sinai el-Medina

κεντρί

Im mad so listen to my 4 measure nagging

Sinai nodded in thanks for the elegant praise. He spit out more poison (an entire mouthful) and didn't say anything. Someone such a Ykaris did not need to be told that she was a good instructor, she knew it in how well her students learned. He gave a small smile at her though, because he knew that his first year had been ridiculously tough, as he couldn't understand most of what anyone was saying.
User Image
Mahir nodded, opening the door and leading inside. "On the third floor, there's one room left with stairway acess and a veiw. Number. 32." He said simply. "Later you can find my sister Ykaris to get you the key and all that." He led her up the gilded spiral staircase. The south hallway was notably darker in decor with tarnished sconces and burt-out torches.
He stopped a few dors down at a varnished mahogany door. A silver number emblazoned on the front.

Lena_of_Light's Spouse

Ullrich

Ullrich lit up. "Well of course I did. I was expecting food and a job, not...well, you."
Ullrich thought back to his life outside of Phylhelm. It wasn't something he liked to think about, but by comparison it made this place like a haven. He was constantly traveling in an effort to stay off the radar, knowing the Emperor and his men would kill him if he was found.
He witnesses more than his fair share of death throughout his travels, and didn't really think too much about relationships and the like.
This was part of the reason behind his emotionless relationships. Somewhere deep down, he knew that the kind of life he lead combined with the world he lived in would crush anything he tried to start.
But over the past few years he had grown comfortable, maybe too comfortable, with his life in this Oasis. So much that he began to think that maybe having a real relationship with someone wouldn't be so bad.

And the first person he met in Phylhelm that he couldn't get his mind off of was Kevin.

So, yes. Ullrich thought of Kevin as the first person he had ever fallen in love with at first sight, because it was the first time in his life that it wasn't too dangerous or too much of a hassle to be with someone. And he wasn't sure how long that was going to last.

Distinct Shapeshifter

5,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Friendly 100
User Image
KEVIN
Kevin smiled at Ullrich, "Are you implying that I am better than food or a job?" He chuckled, not really expecting an answer. "You know, I told myself that I didn't need a relationship as long as I had Fia, but I think I was wrong. Despite these hard times I think we need to have people we lo-- care about around us." Kevin acted as if he hadn't stumbled over the word, he hoped Ullrich hadn't noticed his almost-half-assed-confession.

User Image

Fia looked at Jordan skeptically, but she opened the window and, using her magic, pulled some sand inside. Holding the sand in a turbulent ball over her left hand, she closed and latched the window with her right. Once it was secured she focused all her attention onto the ball of red sand. Using both hands she moved the sand round and round, faster and faster, until it glowed from the speed and friction. Fia continued this until all the sand had become one mass. She indicated for the boy to back away, the sand was producing an intense heat. In one smooth movement she pushed the hot molten ball into the window, spreading it like icing on a cake over the window, sealing the edges against the wall. Then she stood back. The glass cooled, for that is what the sand had become, and there was one very thick pane left behind. It wasn't perfectly smooth, it had swirls in it where Fia had pushed the glass into place. And everything outside was slightly distorted. "It isn't very pretty, but it will be strong. And you can't open it anymore...." Fia looked at the new window, feeling slightly embarrassed that she had done so much for this random guy. Also, feeling tired from all the magic she had used. She sat down on the bed and waited to hear what the bot thought of her handiwork.

Distinct Shapeshifter

5,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Friendly 100
Ullrich

Ullrich, hands shaking, set his empty tea cup on the desk. He twiddled his thumbs nervously, his eyes focusing on the action and blushing,
"T-that's not exactly... well, maybe."
He didn't have the guts to look up to see what Kevin's expression looked like.

Distinct Shapeshifter

5,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Friendly 100
User Image
KEVIN
Kevin faltered, he didn't expect that answer. But now that he had heard it it made him feel warm and happy. Kevin stepped forward and grabbed Ullrich's chin, forcing him to look up, Kevin leaned in and kissed him, hoping he could get all his weird and complicated feelings out through theta one action. After a moment Kevin pulled away, not wanting to get caught up in it again, like he had at least twice today. "Thank you," He said as he backed away and leaned against his desk.

Quotable Bloodsucker

User Image

Graves followed Mahir a couple steps behind through the doorway. "Third flood. Number 32. Ykaris. Ok pretty simple" She touched the wall as they were going up the spiral staircase, feeling like she would loose her footing and trip. Her eyes widened in awe at the lovely dark decor. She could smell the ash and oil on the old torches and the musty smell of dust in the air. The paintings on the wall were aged a bit but you could still see the creatures that were there, following her and Mahir with their eyes. "This reminds me of the crusades." Graves wondered if he thought that she lived during the period from the way she had stated that. Which she had lived during them but she also had no reason to tell Mahir that. The door was wooden with big metal hinges and a silver number showed on the front. She opened the door, the hinges making a squeak in protest until it was open. There was a huge window going nearly from the ceiling the the floor and she smiled for the first time since she had got there. A couple of chairs had white covers over them but when she pulled them off (making dust fly), they looked comfy enough. "ok I'll take it. Besides you and your sister, Id like to keep my room whereabouts private please." She probably sounded insane to Mahir but she would have to unless they wanted her to move from room to room every week. Graves mind was still working in overdrive in the runaway mode, she still hadn't realized she might have been really safe.
User Image
Ykaris answered his small smile with one of her own. "You of all, Sinai. If I am to speak of remarkable progress, you are the first that comes to mind." She thought briefly to yourself. "I suspect that you are making further progress in managing your venom, correct?" She asked.

Greedy Genius

Sinai el-Medina

κεντρί

Im mad so listen to my 4 measure nagging

Sinai pondered whether or not he was making progress. He hummed and swirled the contents of the cup and looked into the poison in contemplation. "I guess so... I am still discovering new properties of it... So I 'ope I 'ave been. I'm running a new set of tests today."

Dapper Gekko

2,600 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Jordan

"I'm not sure how much good another layer of glass will do, but thanks." He said, looking through the swirled pattern in the window. He turned back around to face Fia, and noticed she looked a little pale. "Are you okay? You seem a little out of it?" he asked, not really knowing if he should do something. Then, he realized, he still had the flask that Ykaris had given him earlier. Retrieving it, he walked over and handed it to her.

Distinct Shapeshifter

5,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Friendly 100

Class starts today! Everyone please get ready for learning!! Ulrich is teaching armed combat to Malak, Mahir, Graves, Fia, and Jordan. Ykaris is teaching magic to Vayu, Sinai, Damien, and Fawn. Ashaat is observing Ykaris' teaching.
That is all, thank you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces