Welcome to Gaia! ::

Professional Disser

35,840 Points
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
  • Super Jumper 500
NiiHou
i wouldn't want a down syndrome baby either.
it takes enough money and effort to raise a normal child to 18
but to be burdened to take care of your child for the rest of it's life? no thank you.

and yes i know there are different severity of down syndrome and every case is different but i'd rather not risk it

You know, kids with Down Syndrome ARE capable of taking care of themselves further on with their lives. It's only a matter of being able to teach, raise and support them like any decent parent should.
.(My Chemical Pancakes).
NiiHou
but to be burdened to take care of your child for the rest of it's life? no thank you.

and yes i know there are different severity of down syndrome and every case is different but i'd rather not risk it

You know, kids with Down Syndrome ARE capable of taking care of themselves further on with their lives. It's only a matter of being able to teach, raise and support them like any decent parent should.

ok blame the parent's and not the disability lol

Super Streaker

9,175 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
NiiHou
.(My Chemical Pancakes).
NiiHou

ok blame the parent's and not the disability lol

I didn't see anybody blaming the parents here. And, It IS the parents responsibility to teach, raise and support them. The kid also has to take responsibility to help themselves develop and grow. Having a disability can and most likely will suck a**, but no one's to blame for getting it, and you can overcome it in many ways.

Peaceful Bookworm

16,115 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
Roy Cura
Way to go, former Soviet Union.

All life is precious. Even the life of a child with Down’s Syndrome. I’m glad this man has the heart to realize it.

Agreed 3nodding

Kawaii Shoujo

Aliyah_Sweet
Roy Cura
Way to go, former Soviet Union.

All life is precious. Even the life of a child with Down’s Syndrome. I’m glad this man has the heart to realize it.

Agreed 3nodding
I second that 3nodding

Time-traveling Lunatic

I hope for the best for this dad 3nodding

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
probably going to get a lot of crap for this, but i would never keep a retard baby.im not wasting my life and money on someone who isnt going to do anything with its life. i want a kid who will do things. i wouldn't leave my husband like this lady did, but i would not keep the little thing. i mean yay to him for being a good guy, but hope he knows what a s**t life he will have because of it.

Time-traveling Lunatic

lividdarkangel800
probably going to get a lot of crap for this, but i would never keep a retard baby.im not wasting my life and money on someone who isnt going to do anything with its life. i want a kid who will do things. i wouldn't leave my husband like this lady did, but i would not keep the little thing. i mean yay to him for being a good guy, but hope he knows what a s**t life he will have because of it.

Won't do anything with their life just because they have Down Syndrome? They are people with down syndrome who even became actors, that's more than "normal" people will do in life lol
So you won't leave your husband? What are you going to do if he wants to keep the baby , like this guy did ? biggrin

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Sakuraus
lividdarkangel800

Won't do anything with their life just because they have Down Syndrome? They are people with down syndrome who even became actors, that's more than "normal" people will do in life lol
So you won't leave your husband? What are you going to do if he wants to keep the baby , like this guy did ? biggrin

i know him, he wouldn't keep it either. we have discussed it before. and if we did, i wouldnt talk to the doctors without him. thats just evil. and i watched my mom's life get destroyed for 2 years by a retard, i had to deal with them at school, and at work. not a one of them has made a good impression on me. just parasites on society is all they are. there are gems in every bunch, i know that, but in my experience they are not worth getting a divorce over. not by a long shot.

Hilarious Puppy

Well... I for one stand up with this guy! Yeah! Hell yeah! ******** YEAH! This Dad would get rid of his c**t of a wife just to support what HE claims is a "beautiful" and "perfect" baby, he gets my ******** vote because that is really freaking awesome in my opinion! crying It made me shed liquid pride. *sniff*

Professional Disser

35,840 Points
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
  • Super Jumper 500
lividdarkangel800
Sakuraus
lividdarkangel800

i know him, he wouldn't keep it either. we have discussed it before. and if we did, i wouldnt talk to the doctors without him. thats just evil. and i watched my mom's life get destroyed for 2 years by a retard, i had to deal with them at school, and at work. not a one of them has made a good impression on me. just parasites on society is all they are. there are gems in every bunch, i know that, but in my experience they are not worth getting a divorce over. not by a long shot.

Okay, as someone who has a brother with a disability, let me say this:

go ******** yourself straight to hell.

Ablest assholes like yourself are scum of the earth because you don't have a single shred of human decency to treat disabled people like actual ******** people. I know that you might be a troll, but urg, this s**t pisses me off so much because i've seen it happen with my brother. I really ******** hope that you don't become a parent, because to willingly abandon a child because they're not genetically up to par with your expectations is ******** UP. Kids are not objects that you can just throw away because they do not fit your godawful ideals. ******** you and your bullshit struggle card, because you have absolutely NO IDEA how much discrimination kids with disabilities face, because attitudes such as yours is THE MAIN PROBLEM. Pinning it on their disabilities is a HORRIBLE excuse to mistreat anyone with a disability. Get outta here with that s**t.

Timid Phantom

16,650 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
.(My Chemical Pancakes).
lividdarkangel800
Sakuraus
lividdarkangel800

Okay, as someone who has a brother with a disability, let me say this:

go ******** yourself straight to hell.

Ablest assholes like yourself are scum of the earth because you don't have a single shred of human decency to treat disabled people like actual ******** people. I know that you might be a troll, but urg, this s**t pisses me off so much because i've seen it happen with my brother. I really ******** hope that you don't become a parent, because to willingly abandon a child because they're not genetically up to par with your expectations is ******** UP. Kids are not objects that you can just throw away because they do not fit your godawful ideals. ******** you and your bullshit struggle card, because you have absolutely NO IDEA how much discrimination kids with disabilities face, because attitudes such as yours is THE MAIN PROBLEM. Pinning it on their disabilities is a HORRIBLE excuse to mistreat anyone with a disability. Get outta here with that s**t.

I wanna tip this post so much more.

I love what you said and it's so true. It's like those parents who are "desperate" to adopt a child but don't want to adopt one with special needs. Like what the ********?

But I'm pretty sure the user is just trolling because honestly...reading what she said over and over again just pisses me off more and more. I can't understand it like whaaat. emotion_facepalm

@OP: I saw this article and honestly I give the greatest support to the father. He is amazing, and screw the mother. She's so afraid of what society thinks? Like really? Screw what society thinks. All that matters if that you just need a love for your child despite everything they have. If society doesn't agree then ******** society, love your kid. If she couldn't even do that then she can't be a parent at all.

Time-traveling Lunatic

lividdarkangel800
Sakuraus
lividdarkangel800

Well at least you are a good troll, but my oh my, you are a shitty Human being rofl

Versatile Muse

NiiHou

I like how you just state how you feel about that. I honestly feel the same way. I do not think I would honesty be a good mother for a down syndrome child. I would still feel guilty for giving it up, but my husband and I have already talked through this possibility, we both feel the same. The problem I have with the mother from the article is not discussing it with him first. With the support from him she may have felt better about keeping it. ( I doubt it, but you never know. Your mind can be swayed by those you love if you truly care.) I would not make the decision alone.

I HAVE COMPLICATED FEELINGS ON THIS!!! D:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces