Welcome to Gaia! ::

My "friend" was texting me last night about her ex. She's like "UGH HES TEXTING ME AGAIN" but she still talks to him and she even went over his house. She's like "I don't get why he wants to be friends all of the sudden." I'm like "Uhhhh... maybe because you continue to talk to him and went over to his house, if you don't want him to be your friend, block him." So then she brings up my ex from three years ago saying. "Well David sent you death threats and you didn't block him." That's when I got ******** pissed off. She had no right to even bring that up what so ever and she knew it would annoy me. I was fresh out of a relationship when that happened and her relationship was only a couple of months. I told her she had no right to even say that and it's bullshit she even did and then kindly asked her to never talk about her ex or any other boy again. She responded but I'm not even going to read it.

-She also talks about other boys bragging about how they want to hang out with her which is why I told her not to even mention any other guy to me. She'll brag about them and then complain that all they want to do is hang out with her and then I tell her, if you don't want to, don't talk to them and she just throws a fit like "I WAS JUST TELLING YOU NOT ASKING FOR ADVICE."

Fluffy Wolf

She sounds like the bad friend. Who wants to listen to someone bitching all the time? If she bugs you that much, stop hanging out with her. Take your own advice: you invite that negativity into your life by continuing to associate with her.
Decanie
She sounds like the bad friend. Who wants to listen to someone bitching all the time? If she bugs you that much, stop hanging out with her. Take your own advice: you invite that negativity into your life by continuing to associate with her.

Yeah I've been trying to. She reaches out to me a lot. She actually purposely took a class because I'm in it so I have to deal with her. Last year we used to be so close and then I realized how awful she was and how she'd make fun of me so I just stopped being friends with her. It's been a slow process. But yeah, unless it's about the class we're both in or she's dying, I'll just ignore her messages.

Irregular Gatekeeper

22,965 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Headstrong Believer 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
If you have clearly stated that you do not want to hear about her personal flirting or relationship experience, start doing the broken record*. She's a frenemy. She's being a bully to you while providing minimal good friendship or using past history to hold it against you.

*The broken record is you keep repeating what you want from them and only focus at the statement.
You "I do not want to hear about your personal boy stories."
Her "But it's so awesome."
You "No. I don't want to hear it."
Her "You're just jealous."
"And yet, I still don't want to hear it even more."

Her "What about your ex? I spent all the time listening to your aches and bragging about boyfriends."
You "I'm sorry, but I was not addressed it was an issue for you to listen to my personal life, I shall not do so in the future. Staying on topic, I still don't want to hear about you or my own boy issues."

Her "I was just joking."
You "I still didn't want to hear it, whether it's a joke or not."
Her "I thought friends are suppose to share!"
You "Anything but that."

Her *brags about boys*
You "If you talk one more time about boys again, I'm not going to be friends with you. I told you my boundaries, and you're still disrespecting me."
Her "Ugh I just forgot okay?"
You "Unfortunately I remember all too well, so it's either you learn faster or I'll have to keep you quiet by stepping away from you."

She'll be burnt out by being cut off every time and not getting something out of you but the same old boring answer. It shouldn't be this long but these are the possible scenarios she could do as a generic example. It's really embarrassing for the person being shut down like that and empowers you without being rude. If she thinks you're rude, simply state, and do not explain, it's just what you need, and if she doesn't like it, she doesn't have to be your friend.
Trainer Aurora Rain
If you have clearly stated that you do not want to hear about her personal flirting or relationship experience, start doing the broken record*. She's a frenemy. She's being a bully to you while providing minimal good friendship or using past history to hold it against you.

*The broken record is you keep repeating what you want from them and only focus at the statement.
You "I do not want to hear about your personal boy stories."
Her "But it's so awesome."
You "No. I don't want to hear it."
Her "You're just jealous."
"And yet, I still don't want to hear it even more."

Her "What about your ex? I spent all the time listening to your aches and bragging about boyfriends."
You "I'm sorry, but I was not addressed it was an issue for you to listen to my personal life, I shall not do so in the future. Staying on topic, I still don't want to hear about you or my own boy issues."

Her "I was just joking."
You "I still didn't want to hear it, whether it's a joke or not."
Her "I thought friends are suppose to share!"
You "Anything but that."

Her *brags about boys*
You "If you talk one more time about boys again, I'm not going to be friends with you. I told you my boundaries, and you're still disrespecting me."
Her "Ugh I just forgot okay?"
You "Unfortunately I remember all too well, so it's either you learn faster or I'll have to keep you quiet by stepping away from you."

She'll be burnt out by being cut off every time and not getting something out of you but the same old boring answer. It shouldn't be this long but these are the possible scenarios she could do as a generic example. It's really embarrassing for the person being shut down like that and empowers you without being rude. If she thinks you're rude, simply state, and do not explain, it's just what you need, and if she doesn't like it, she doesn't have to be your friend.

Oh wow you put a lot of thought into your answer. ._.
Yeah she responded after I nicely asked her to stop but she sent like four messages so I was like I'm not even going to bother reading them..
I've actually been trying to get her to stop being my friend but as nice as I can. She goes around and bullies people. She actually had a charge of harassment and stalking that this one girl filed on her and she would take me and drive by her house and pour soda on her car. Sooo I'm trying to do this as nice as I can.
Sounds like she's using you as a tool to vent and to make herself feel better about her insecurities. In addition it doesn't seem like she's the person to reciprocate your efforts, so she seems like a shitty person overall. Drop it like it's hot, and I don't mean that in a sexy way.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

14,075 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
Yet, you don't block her for her actions.
quayla666
I have a class with her this semester.
sounds like youre both being unnecessarily dramatic

shes toxic and you could probably easily cut her out of your life
you obviously dont like her so theres no reason to keep her around

Dapper Ladykiller

She's the one who's being a "bad friend".

She needs to learn to grow up first. neutral

Fashionable Sex Symbol

14,075 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
Berreh
quayla666
I have a class with her this semester.
That is an excuse. You can still block her, and ignore her.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff