Welcome to Gaia! ::

Golden Warrior

20,325 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Glorious Rabbitan is a reference item to a character of the upcoming 'Disgaea' series title, Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance. Usaria is a Demon king of the Rabbit Rabbit World, that rides a giant yellow Prinny who fights alongside her during combat.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/10119427
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
- Isn't she cute?...but she's a Demon King, so... carefull.
- More 'Disgaea' love on Gaia Online?

In a relationship with VICTUURl

Hardcore Man-Lover

All my yes dood.

Aged Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Cool Cat 500
  • The Sweetest 250

Invisible Gekko

18,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I'm pretty sure it was talked about when the original (Rabbitan) came out, but now they actually made it the "canon" recolors. Kinda like what they did the Gale Sniper.

But I'd love for some more Disgaea references, hell I'd love more Nippon Ichi references. I'm dying for a Soul Nomad item, that game is the s**t and all the designs are stuff I would throw all my money at. That game is my life.
I was pleased for the Makai Kingdom item we got a while ago though, whoever that artists is has great taste in games.

Perfect Saint

Braev Dullahan
I'm pretty sure it was talked about when the original (Rabbitan) came out, but now they actually made it the "canon" recolors. Kinda like what they did the Gale Sniper.

That actually surprised me that canon recolors come after and not the first. I did get Gale Sniper because I got to watch the anime a day before the canon recolor came out. I didn't even get the reference when the first run items were release. lol.
I did get Rabittan, but I also didn't get the reference. I am wondering if I should get this canon recolor.

Golden Warrior

20,325 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Braev Dullahan

But I'd love for some more Disgaea references, hell I'd love more Nippon Ichi references. I'm dying for a Soul Nomad item, that game is the s**t and all the designs are stuff I would throw all my money at. That game is my life.
I was pleased for the Makai Kingdom item we got a while ago though, whoever that artists is has great taste in games.

I WILL KILL, DIE AND REINCARNATE FOR A GIG REFERENCE ITEM! scream
Yeah! I knew people will recognaize her from the original version, is just that I didn't do a threat about it, until now. wink

Celestial Dreamer

61,850 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
It was weird that the first sniper item wasn't in Sinon's colors, but I suppose even on items like that they have to "prove" the value before making it in a less Gaia-canon color set. I was wondering how such a nice creamy shade of yellow was allowed, but there's the answer above.

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
It's pretty much an exact copy now. I don't support the item at all. IP theft is wrong.

Shirtless Hunter

Magical Girl

26,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Invisibility 100
I think it's pretty shitty and utterly LAZY. It may seem like the artist made a tribute to that character, but really, it's just design theft because they couldn't find a clever way to make a cool reference.

If you combine the original item and this recolour, it's pretty much an exact copy of the character. All the pieces fit together. If this is Gaia's way of avoiding 'oh no we violated copyrights!' I'm not impressed.

Toxic Hunter

15,875 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Hero 100
So many Disgaea items, so little time...
How about some Phantom Brave items?! I think that game is superior to Disgaea in my opinion.
Although I do think the item is pretty nice.

Aemon Targaryen's Partner

Tiny Lionheart

I was wondering why this particular recolor had such bright, detailed, and varying colors. I was really impressed by it.

Now I wish Gaia would do the same for non-canon colorings of items. To be honest, all of the monochromatic stuff we see these days has gotten super boring. They might be simpler to match with other items, but they're completely bland, too.

Wheezing Fatcat

The light healer and Dark healer items remind me of the Female Healer from Disgaea. emotion_dowant

Golden Warrior

20,325 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Blackheart Kasha
So many Disgaea items, so little time...
How about some Phantom Brave items?! I think that game is superior to Disgaea in my opinion.
Although I do think the item is pretty nice.

You think? I mean, this is the fifth installement of the 'Disgaea' series, so... Phantom Brave was good, but not as crazy awesome and it will never be as big as Disgaea.

Precious Shoujo

gaia_angelleft USAGI is speaking: gaia_angelright

To be honest, I REALLY DISLIKE the Disgaea series. But I fell in love with Usaria after getting Rabbitan. I'd probably watch D5's walkthrough only for her. -3- (But not the other ones. Can't stand the Prinnys.)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff