Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nimble Wolf

28,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Invisibility 100
I need some help. I broke down and bought the cheapest DVD player/writer I could,
an LG Ultra Slim Portable DVD Writer. Now, despite the fact I bought a CD, and a few DVD's in the United States (The CD had to have been produced in the US. I bought it at the show, and they want to be famous!) I keep getting '_____ is region locked.'

I don't have an internal DVD/CD drive in my laptop, and I want to install Sims 3. I want to play movies..if there's a hack to make this DVD player region-free or a better solution, I'd love to hear it. sad

EDIT:
I can play CD's if I uninstall the CD that came with the external DVD writer. I still can't play Harry Potter.

Lupine Gatekeeper

6,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Gaian 50
You need to go into hardware etc on your computer setup, Right click the c/dvd drive even if it's not physically installed into the machine it needs to be hooked up by a usb cable. So go and do that ( you'll have to be in add and remove hardware to do this any old how). Select property's and you should in theory be able to edit the region the player is set in.

If this dosn't work try adding the hard ware and getting drivers for it and editing them to set to region 1. either way this should get you going ( I'm assuming your using Windows here). If your using linux you need to run the terminal and type in the flowing : sudo apt-get regionset. Type in your sudo password ( he main password for your comp usually). And set your region to one. Also haveing VLC is a heap of help with Linux as is keeps all the cd/dvd codex's up to date.

Nimble Wolf

28,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Invisibility 100
I get five resets; I hope it works, because I've got a HP dvd that's supposedly from another region.
III_of_Wands
I need some help. I broke down and bought the cheapest DVD player/writer I could,
an LG Ultra Slim Portable DVD Writer. Now, despite the fact I bought a CD, and a few DVD's in the United States (The CD had to have been produced in the US. I bought it at the show, and they want to be famous!) I keep getting '_____ is region locked.'

I don't have an internal DVD/CD drive in my laptop, and I want to install Sims 3. I want to play movies..if there's a hack to make this DVD player region-free or a better solution, I'd love to hear it. sad

EDIT:
I can play CD's if I uninstall the CD that came with the external DVD writer. I still can't play Harry Potter.
Your on your own people here wont help you remove the protection on the game or movies. sorry your best bet is but it from a country that has no protection or a level 9(region free)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_code

sorry

Nimble Wolf

28,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Invisibility 100
It's alright. I've read quite a few guides, but they all involve models I don't own. *shrug* I'll just have to find a way to discover where they're from without having to go through 100 steps.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff