Welcome to Gaia! ::

On a Scale of 1-5, 5 being the highest, How Happy of a Customer are you right now?

1 - NO. I HATE YOU. 0.025 2.5% [ 6 ]
2 - What a waste of my time! 0.041666666666667 4.2% [ 10 ]
3 - Alright, it was okay. 0.1 10.0% [ 24 ]
4 - OMG! This was neat! 0.083333333333333 8.3% [ 20 ]
5 - YESSSS SO HAPPPY 0.083333333333333 8.3% [ 20 ]
3.141592653589 - Because it is yummy. 0.095833333333333 9.6% [ 23 ]
42 - LIFE! 0.079166666666667 7.9% [ 19 ]
13 - How many Doctor's it took to fix a lightbulb. 0.079166666666667 7.9% [ 19 ]
NANANA BATMAN! 0.4125 41.2% [ 99 ]
Total Votes:[ 240 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 110 111 112 > >> »|

Bashful Faun

15,190 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
RuneRyder
~ Quote This ~

This is kinda scary seeing how complex your avy is, but shoot

Rayyuske IV's Compadre

Mystical Genius

RuneRyder
Lady Saosin
RuneRyder
Lady Saosin
RuneRyder

You went a bit black crazy, and the arms are super funky looking...and not in a good way? Like I think it is cool you have the white sort of in the background at this point, but I think you might want to add more white....or create more depth?

I saw an earlier version you had when you posted last time, where you had more white through the torso, and I thought that was cool, but with this I like the item selection, I now think there needs to be a decision about color and just go with that.

Also maybe find a different arm mod for this particular avi, because right now it is looking reeeeaaaal weird.

And there it it is. My blunt and honest critique.

gaia_nitemareleft Its true I went a lil black crazy lol but I can't seem to find a good arm mod that I like do you have any suggestions? Its driving me a bit crazy emotion_8c gaia_nitemareright

My best advice is to just look at all the various arm mods, and maybe see if you can find an unexpected fit that works great. I'd say try to find something with both black and white in it.

gaia_nitemareleft Whats your openion on this arm mod? gaia_nitemareright

It is better than the skin tone one you had, just not sure if it is the right one for you yet....
gaia_nitemareleft Gah I have a certain pose in mind but its just finding the right mode, color set, and having it in a reasonable price gaia_nitemareright

Versatile Rogue

9,300 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
RuneRyder
~ Quote This ~

= ^)

Questionable Hunter

RuneRyder
Garuzero
RuneRyder
~ Quote This ~

Hit me

Add more of that off yellow, you have it in the shirt, and eyes, yet no where else in the avi.

The outside hand, the one closest to the guitar is hard to read due to the darkness around from the case, so maybe look into adjusting that.

The shoes are more brown than black, so maybe incorporate more brown into the avi, or change out the shoes, but I am pretty sure those are a part of your leg mod so...maybe just add some more brown?

I would see about maybe making the face a bit more complex? Like look at reference picks of the genre of rocker you are aiming for and then try to find items that emulate their appearance. Maybe add like sweat, or maybe make-up, or something because most who would have that haircut, and hand signals would be wearing something on their face (like a tattoo, piercings, etcetc.)

And there it is. My blunt and honest critique.

Thanks! Helps a lot!

Trash Hellraiser

36,190 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Bookworm 100
  • Bold Glow 150
RuneRyder
~ Quote This ~
Oh, I would love some critique! There's always room for improvement!

Supreme Gatekeeper

RuneRyder
~ Quote This ~

Me please

Loyal Bibliophile

23,915 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Partygoer 500
AtrosM
RuneRyder
~ Quote This ~

This is kinda scary seeing how complex your avy is, but shoot

So at first glance, and second glance...this avi is weird....but by third glance it is kinda growing on me...

For instance I love the lighting, it is very natural looking, you have complex light and dark going on.

The thing that really threw me off was the freaking goat. What is a goat doing there?!

Another thing that sort of bothers me is the flatness of the thing they are wearing on the body...compared to all this texture and stuff happening you just have this flat cloth texture smack dab in the middle of the composition. So maybe look into other jumpsuitie options?

I think as far as theme you have a decent avi here, there just needs to be a tab bit more detailing down in order to make it look really finished. So just sort of take a second look/ however many extra looks to see what you could add or take out to make this avi golden. (But don't actually change it to gold...though that would be cool...but not with...yeh you understand...right ?)

Loyal Bibliophile

23,915 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Partygoer 500
The Starseeker
RuneRyder
~ Quote This ~

= ^)

This avi right now is all over the place.

I see a theme, and a color scheme, but it not well executed at all. Either get rid of some of the clutter or add more of it, because right now you are in this weird not good middle ground. So go to a place and just follow through.

Also change up the face...if the dude has his sword at the ready he is not going to be calm and serene, so see about changing one of those components up.

Another thing is either try to conceal the skin, change its color, or expose more of it, because right now you have a very top heavy amount of exposed skin, and with a warrior avi....doesn't really make sense....so yeah.

Also maybe look into a setting, or something in the background to make this guy pop, or blend in, but have enough contrast there still that the avi is in the forefront.

Toxic Trickster

RuneRyder
~ Quote This ~

Give it a shot. Intention was to use underused item & blend in

Aekea Scarface

RuneRyder
~ Quote This ~

I'll take a rate, please? emotion_awesome

Loyal Bibliophile

23,915 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Partygoer 500
General Sticky
RuneRyder
~ Quote This ~
Oh, I would love some critique! There's always room for improvement!

Not just a room of improvement, try a skyscraper worth of improvement.

The only thing you kind of have going for you is a color scheme, and that is pushing it. You have mismatched tones and shades everywhere here....so you have a sort a color scheme...but it is poorly executed. Try to get items that actually match....?

The blue looks like you were at last minute like "OH LET ME ADD THIS TOO!!!" it doesn't look good the way you currently have it executed. And I am not even sure I would ever stick those color together.

Then we get to the rest of it, and I honestly have no idea what I am looking at...a bug demon from candy land? Like what are you even trying to be...relook at what you are actually placing on the avi, and maybe find some reference images of what you like and try to emulate that, because right now I don't even know what you are trying to go for, and it is just painful to my eyes.

Loyal Bibliophile

23,915 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Partygoer 500
Vigors Galaxy
RuneRyder
~ Quote This ~

Me please

This is...different. It is hard to actually critique this though, because that blue orb is in the middle of everything, and it really doesn't match....maybe find an orb that matches?

Or get rid of it so I can give you decent feedback, because right now I sorta dig what I am seeing in the background, I just really can't tell what it is because of that distracting in the way orb. Like it looks like you have a cool purple color palate that I don't really see that often, and the composition looks interesting, but I repeat again, can't really see the important stuff because of the orb....so sorry I don't have more for you...

Loyal Bibliophile

23,915 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Partygoer 500
Azunaz
RuneRyder
~ Quote This ~

So I have seen your thread, and a lot of your avi's and....omg I think this is your best so far.

The only thing that is kinda annoying to me is the Astra....but that is just my opinion of it being used most of the time with your past avi's, but I think you hit it spot on here.

It looks like I am staring into a black and white tv....I would say to lighten his skin up just a bit, so that it blends even more into what is around him, because right now he is a tad bit too dark and instead of really being personie he looks more blobbish. But that really is the only I would change....so wow.

Great job dude, this is a far journey from some of your early stuff.

Loyal Bibliophile

23,915 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Partygoer 500
0-DCB
RuneRyder
~ Quote This ~

I'll take a rate, please? emotion_awesome

I don't know how I feel about this...part of me is like...too much clockwork orange-ness to even like it, and then I see the subtle use of the colors, and I am kinda impressed...but my only thing is all the stuff with the primaries, those items aren't all the same right?

Because I just don't know....and hmmm the shape of the face is weird....like real weird. Like I don't really like it because it doesn't look right weird, and I am not sure if that is because of a mod, or if that is a color that blends into the background of the forum.

It is simple...and just I don't know...you have me stumped on this. Like I am on a liberty scale that is in balance because I just don't know how to feel or even critique this weirdness....

Toxic Trickster

RuneRyder
Azunaz
RuneRyder
~ Quote This ~

So I have seen your thread, and a lot of your avi's and....omg I think this is your best so far.

The only thing that is kinda annoying to me is the Astra....but that is just my opinion of it being used most of the time with your past avi's, but I think you hit it spot on here.

It looks like I am staring into a black and white tv....I would say to lighten his skin up just a bit, so that it blends even more into what is around him, because right now he is a tad bit too dark and instead of really being personie he looks more blobbish. But that really is the only I would change....so wow.

Great job dude, this is a far journey from some of your early stuff.

Thanks for the review. And yeah, i'm sad that I have to use the astra several times since i've tried it already on my previous avis. But there are noa ctual other items which "grays" out an avi, except "Lost film" but it adds a yellow shade, which dosn't fit to the monotone crowd here.

Thanks for the commentary mate emotion_awesome

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces