Sparkly Wolf

13,925 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
User Image
gaia_angelleft Lillian 'Lily' Usagi gaia_angelright
User Image

Little Lily could hear her brother crying. She got off of the table and felt her way over to him, following his soft crying straight to him, and hugged her big brother, not wanting him to cry. "Don't cry big brudder....." She said hugging him trying to help. Lily didn't like when Masaru was upset in any way. As she hugged him, she nuzzled her face into his neck. "I'll be okay big brudder. I know you do your best with me and that's all I want." She said knowing that he always did his best to provide for her. Poor Lily was willing to sacrifice her sight to make her brother happy. She didn't need to see him to be happy, because she already was.

User Image

ToraHiroba
((I knew about the horse but not the car lol.))
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.::: Masaru Usagi :::

The doctor answered, "Without the surgery, Masaru, she'll be permanently blind by winter's end. There's time enough to decide, however, the sooner the procedure is arranged and-"

Masaru blew his nose into the handkerchief.

"S-Sorry, y-you were saying?" asked the rabbit guy, one arm wrapped around Lillian.

"Whether sweet Lily wants a chance to see the world for the first-time ever or not, the decision is for you both," said Dr. Halflinger.

The rabbit guy wiped his tear-stained eyes and tossed the used tissue into the waste bin.

DaMetaEX's Girlfriend

Sparkly Wolf

13,925 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
User Image
User Image

Lily looked at Masaru and said "I want to see big brudder, but only if it will make you happy. I'll be happy with whatever we choose." She then smiled as she hugged Masaru hoping to make him smile. All she wanted was Masaru's happiness and nothing more.

User Image

ToraHiroba
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.::: Masaru Usagi :::

It took a few calming breaths for Masaru's eyes to stop shedding tears and for him to think about the options some more. If Lily was given sight, there would be no need for Lily to master the use of a special walking stick, or be guided by a seeing-eye animal. She would be able to read words in books like most young children instead of reading braille by touch. There were many benefits too numerous to mention in one paragraph. Whatever the decision may be, and a major one at that, the consequences that followed would affect the siblings for as long as they were together.

Dr. Halflinger checked the wristwatch. If the time to see another visitor was drawing closer fast, he would have to remind Masaru that time is growing short.

"Oh my dear sister, it would take much more than a day to describe the joy that would come about if you were able to see the colorful world for the first time ever!" Masaru exclaimed.

DaMetaEX's Girlfriend

Sparkly Wolf

13,925 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
User Image
User Image

Lily smiled and said "Then let's do the opwation." having trouble saying Operation. She smiled sweetly as she hugged Masaru. She loved her big brother and wanted to see his smile and the world her.

After a couple months of tests and scheduling the operation, the day had finally come. Lily was nervous though and was being held by Masaru to calm down and was hugging her stuffed bunny, Peaches. She hugged the bunny she'd had since the day she was adopted as a baby. Lily hugged Masaru as she was put onto the hospital bed when it was almost time and said "Big brudder...Pwomise me you'll stay with me while I heal.....?" She said in a scared way having been told she would be asleep the entire time and wouldn't feel a thing but some soreness when she woke up. She held Masaru's hand as she was wheeled into surgery but felt him let go as he couldn't be in the operation room due to it needing to be a sterile environment. As soon as she was asleep and everything the surgery began.

User Image

ToraHiroba
((Hope you don't mind I timeskipped. ou can timeskip to when she gets her bandages off if you want.))

"Don't worry, little sister," the rabbit guy says to the pair of closed operating room doors, "I'll be with you through all the stages of your recovery, and every day after them."

Until now, Masaru juggled two jobs in order to acquire the funds for the eye operation. As the red light went on, he hoped and prayed that Lily would be fine once the cataracts were taken care of and the bandages applied.

-------------

Time passes, and the big brother hardly ever left the little cat girl's side since the optical surgery took place. Whenever Lily, with both eyes covered in bandages, needed a little extra help at bath time, or putting on clothes and hopping into bed for a nap, Masaru was there to guide her.

Eventually, the siblings were called to the doctor's office. The important day had arrived: Lily's bandages were coming off! The rabbit guy felt excited, yet nervous at the same time. He couldn't help but wonder how Lily, waiting as a nurse started to snip away the bandages, was going to take looking at a world of many clear colors instead of darkness.

DaMetaEX's Girlfriend

Sparkly Wolf

13,925 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
User Image
User Image

Once the bandages were off, Lily blinked as her vision came to her slowly. "It will take a few minutes for your eyes to get used to the light." The nurse said as she had Masaru come in front of Lily. Once the light settled, Lily's vision became clearer and clearer, She was amazed at the world around her and smiled as she saw Masaru. "So that's what you look like big brudder?" She said excitedly with a giggle before she hugged him happily glad that she was finally able to see. Her favorite friend of Mazsaru's, Jackson was there. "Who's that?" She asked pointing at him not having seen him before or felt his face. He was like her favorite uncle in a way.

User Image

ToraHiroba

"Yep!" Masaru replied with a laugh shortly after Lily asked whether his appearance was very real. He cupped a hand around one long rabbit ear and pulled it gently to demonstrate that it truly was a part of him, not a costume accessory of some kind. The guy soon glanced over to the visitor the little cat girl was pointing at, saying, "And he, my wonderful sister, is Jackson. You do remember him, right?"

DaMetaEX's Girlfriend

Sparkly Wolf

13,925 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
User Image
User Image

Lily nodded and said "Of course!" She then hugged Masaru happily as she was able to see for the first time in her life. "Thank you Big brudder! You're the bestest!" She said excitedly as she hugged his leg. Jackson smiled as he too got a hug from Lily. "How about I take us out to eat to celebrate?" He asked smiling as he held Lily. "Only if big brudder says it's otay." Lily said before looking at Masaru hoping he'd be okay with it.

User Image

ToraHiroba

"Y-You're welcome, Lily," Masaru replied with a grin, twitching his ears. He lifted his hand and gave them a thumbs-up. A celebratory dinner sounded like a wonderful idea for the trio. "Request...approved!"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff