5,550 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Doji Boy
Meowington-Flash
Doji Boy
chamomile-crush
They are bisexual. not lesbians just saying. it's a shame they couldn't do what they really wanted to with the show it could have been so much better.

What did they really want to do?

Well alot of people were complaining about how there wan't much indication for the relationship between korra and asami. if they were allowed they couldv'e actually showed their progressing feelings toward each other in a more obvious/romantic. also they had a major budget cut on book four hence the "clip" episode. It was a fantastic show and i love it regardless.

oh yeah well i think the network wouldn't allow them to do that cause in this day and age this would cause huge issues with parents and such which i dont see why but either way they did well with pointing out the way they could.

i agree they did well with the little room they had and i'm still happy with what they were able to do
TuckyX
The confirmation is nice though. It's a step forward to equality, and that's still pretty cool.
I know this is from a while ago, but I'm responding to anyone who also believes this. A terrible, fan pandering ending to a rocky series isn't going to help with gays' rights. No matter how poorly it's done, it seems people will praise anything as long as some marginalized group is being represented.
God, I loved the ending. I wish we could have had a Korrasami kiss, but I definitely get why we didn't (hello, censors anyone?). I'm just so happy to finally have a canon bisexual couple as representation.
And for anyone who says they didn't see the build up, you reaaaally need to rewatch the series. I didn't notice in book one or two (at first, looking back now there are korrasami scenes there too), but book three was hella blatant with Asami catching feelings for Korra, and Korra too but I don't think she really realized how she felt till book four.
A huge help in realizing just how queer they are is by watching episodes and imagining Asami as Mako or any dude. If she was a guy no one would deny their attraction and eventual love. : p
TuckyX
I liked that Korra and Asami's relationship can be seen as either just a strong friendship or something more. The ending left it open for both interpretations.

With a double hand-hold & that music playing? & an extreme closeup on the non-double hand hold as xylophone music kicks up? You're crazy. If the music was different & there was only the two of their four hands holding & they didn't turn towards eachother, I'd agree with you.
Pikachew Tobacco
TuckyX
The confirmation is nice though. It's a step forward to equality, and that's still pretty cool.
I know this is from a while ago, but I'm responding to anyone who also believes this. A terrible, fan pandering ending to a rocky series isn't going to help with gays' rights. No matter how poorly it's done, it seems people will praise anything as long as some marginalized group is being represented.

The creators said it was NOT done to give into fans.
-Soul in this universe-
TuckyX
I liked that Korra and Asami's relationship can be seen as either just a strong friendship or something more. The ending left it open for both interpretations.

With a double hand-hold & that music playing? & an extreme closeup on the non-double hand hold as xylophone music kicks up? You're crazy. If the music was different & there was only the two of their four hands holding & they didn't turn towards eachother, I'd agree with you.

Sorry, I forgot that there was designated music, and musical instruments, for depicting true love. haha

It's sad that you can't see that two heterosexual women can share the same relationship as Korra and Asami. I followed the series as closely as most fans, and really didn't see the same relationship that the Korra and Asami shippers saw. Their relationship was purposely made ambiguous because Nickelodeon would have pulled the plug, if it was handles any other way. Which is why the ending can be interpreted both ways, despite what the creators say is canon, after the fact.
TuckyX
-Soul in this universe-
TuckyX

It's sad that you can't see that two heterosexual women can share the same relationship as Korra and Asami. I followed the series as closely as most fans, and really didn't see the same relationship that the Korra and Asami shippers saw. Their relationship was purposely made ambiguous because Nickelodeon would have pulled the plug, if it was handles any other way. Which is why the ending can be interpreted both ways, despite what their creators say is canon, after the fact.

If that's the case, it's even more sad that women responding to posts such as this claim that they never do double-hand holds with platonic female friends or sisters unless they are trying to comfort someone in serious stress. Edit: Come to think of it, aren't you basically saying "If they don't kiss, it's not romance"?
-Soul in this universe-
TuckyX
-Soul in this universe-
TuckyX

It's sad that you can't see that two heterosexual women can share the same relationship as Korra and Asami. I followed the series as closely as most fans, and really didn't see the same relationship that the Korra and Asami shippers saw. Their relationship was purposely made ambiguous because Nickelodeon would have pulled the plug, if it was handles any other way. Which is why the ending can be interpreted both ways, despite what their creators say is canon, after the fact.

If that's the case, it's even more sad that women responding to posts such as this claim that they never do double-hand holds with platonic female friends or sisters unless they are trying to comfort someone in serious stress.

Nope, that's not sad at all. People can choose to hold, or not hold, the hand of any person they want. What's sad is when folks view hand holding, double or single, as an act only done by lovers, and not by close friends.
-Soul in this universe-
TuckyX
-Soul in this universe-
TuckyX

If that's the case, it's even more sad that women responding to posts such as this claim that they never do double-hand holds with platonic female friends or sisters unless they are trying to comfort someone in serious stress. Edit: Come to think of it, aren't you basically saying "If they don't kiss, it's not romance"?

Nope, I'm saying that it can be interpreted as either a close friendship, or something more.
TuckyX
-Soul in this universe-
TuckyX
-Soul in this universe-
TuckyX

If that's the case, it's even more sad that women responding to posts such as this claim that they never do double-hand holds with platonic female friends or sisters unless they are trying to comfort someone in serious stress.

Nope, that's not sad at all. People can choose to hold, or not hold, the hand of any person they want. What's sad is when folks view hand holding, double or single, as an act only done by lovers, and not by close friends.

I don't think double-hand holding is done only by lovers. Some girls doubtlessly do it when 1 of them is seriously upset. That wasn't the case here, especially in light of the music & that other stuff I mentioned.
-Soul in this universe-
TuckyX
-Soul in this universe-
TuckyX
-Soul in this universe-
TuckyX

I don't think double-hand holding is done only by lovers. Some girls doubtlessly do it when 1 of them is seriously upset. That wasn't the case here, especially in light of the music & that other stuff I mentioned.

If that's how you viewed the ending, thats fine. The creators will agree with you.

I know girls who stand face to face, hold hands, in celebration of the first day of pumpkin spice fraps at Starbucks. So Korra and Asami doing the same at the end didn't strike me as anything outside of what close friends do.

Look, I'm not denying Korra and Asami's relationship. The creators have already said what their true relationship is. I'm just pointing out that without the creators saying after the fact, Korra and Asami's relationship could have been interpreted either way, and both would have been plausible, given what was shown.
TuckyX
-Soul in this universe-
TuckyX
-Soul in this universe-
TuckyX

If that's how you viewed the ending, thats fine. The creators will agree with you.

I know girls who stand face to face, hold hands, in celebration of the first day of pumpkin spice fraps at Starbucks. So Korra and Asami doing the same at the end didn't strike me as anything outside of what close friends do.

Look, I'm not denying Korra and Asami's relationship. The creators have already said what their true relationship is. I'm just pointing out that without the creators saying after the fact, Korra and Asami's relationship could have been interpreted either way, and both would have been plausible, given what was shown.

That reminds me, do they jump up and down when they do that? Because someone mentioned that context too.
-Soul in this universe-
TuckyX
-Soul in this universe-
TuckyX
-Soul in this universe-
TuckyX

That reminds me, do they jump up and down when they do that? Because someone mentioned that context too.

This type of intimate moment can be shared by friends, jumping or no jumping, in many situations. Like in the show, before, or after a long journey, or maybe when getting excepted to, or graduating, college, landing a job, an engagement, winning an award or championship. Watch a women's sports team win a championship and you're likely to see similar moments.
I really liked the ending. I do wish they would give us a peek at the future so we can see how the avatar world turned out. Also, to anyone saying that the Korrasami romance wasn't fully developed, think back to Book 1 where Mako and Asami started dating just after they met. Yeah that's what I thought.

Fused Bloodsucker

6,175 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
Wait, there are how many seasons? I have only seen the first season!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff