Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Aiko Nodin

Aiko sat quietly by the fire as all of this went on. She knew that they were surrounded at that this wasn't going to be easy to escape from, but mostly she just knew the extreme hunger and tiredness. She'd been pushed to her limits before and that never ended well. It never ended well for any of them, that's why she'd decided to try and escape.

She never moved a muscle when Frost and the other man shouting outside exchanged words. Perhaps what the man had said was true, but perhaps not. Her reality and her dreams were so muddled that at times she couldn't tell up from down. Her back tingled as she hunched over in the chair and covered her ears as if there were a bothersome noise.

For her there was. The constant beating of a drum. Over and over and over. Never ceasing never changing beat. She began to rock a bit before becoming completely still, "They won't back down and they won't stop hunting me. I'm merely property that needs to be returned" she said with an almost wicked grin. It soon faded though as she returned to a stoic state. Perhaps she was losing her mind, but her body finally slumped forward as she appeared to be asleep.

Stellar Raider

12,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Inquisitor 200
User Image
Brogar Kargunsson

Brogar worked his magical device, using the beam to dig out the hole and shape the excavated sod into a roof over the hole. He then started digging deeper, carving his way underground until he had constructed a propped warren for a creature his size. He withdrew himself from the warren and then looked about for the treeline. And when he did, he checked the charge on his yellow magical excavation tool, adjusted his settings, and marched over to the nearest stout tree. He aimed the device at the tree and it began to shake as the energy beam of Brogar's device chopped into it, slowly hacking pieces of it down. It tumbled to the ground after a bit, and Brogar started chopping the tree up into lumber for his usage. after some time he took a break and sat down upon a chopped log. He popped the visor of his helmet, revealing his bearded dwarvish face and he drank warm fungus beer from a canteen.

"Used to be, in the ancient days," He muttered to himself as he looked to his warren and the lumber he had hacked up, "It'd take seven of us to found a new mining colony. How far we've come."
User Image

Frost growled at the men outside. He looked back at Rose," I promise I won't abandon you. I will come back." He said and then stepped out and shut the door behind him. he took a few steps to where he could see the man shouting. He growled and snarled a little," I suggest you leave! There is no such girl here that you are looking for. The girl in question inside is now under my protection. I suggest if you value your lives you leave now. This is your finally and only warning. If you attack me so help me I will show no mercy. By attacking me you will be declaring an act of war against me and my clan." He said and the pendant around his neck glowed a deep red. Frost grabbed it tucking it into his shirt. He could feel the being inside it fighting to break free but he wasn't about to free him. He had a few tricks up his sleeves without resulting to letting that dark being out. he took another step forward so he was away from the house a tiny bit. He could smell the humans seen and unseen around the house and he growled.

Stellar Raider

12,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Inquisitor 200
User Image
Brogar Kargunsson

Brogar finished constructing doors for the warren from the lumber he had harvested, and made some basic amenities following the instructions of a magic book he possessed, namely a bed to rest in and a table to do some basic crafting upon. The Armored dwarf then began to excavate deeper into the earth, working swiftly and efficiently to cave his way through sod, sand and finally stone. He collected the stone he carved away and piled it up outside his warren for later use, but deeper and deeper he dug, needing no light to see where he was going.
User Image

......Caspian Mathieus......

Caspian was about to call out again, for several minutes had passed without answer when the door of the cabin opened and a lone male stepped forth. Caspian arched a eyebrow slightly at the clearly ill look upon the male's face as he took a few steps forward, all hiss and snarl. Well now, this was going to be a good show. Caspian allowed his grip on his sheathed sword to loosen a slight bit in preparation for a coming attack but what he got wasn't what he expected. He stood there blinking in mild surprise as the male uttered all manor of threat.
"Reminds me a bit of a cat with it's tail in a twist..." he muttered to himself before with a sigh he gave a shrug. "Well, clearly I can't argue with that." He spoke aloud to the male and turning he gave a wave of his hand. "Bye then."
And without another world he walked away, giving a whistle as he did. The Men hiding in the brush took a moment then began to come out and fallow after him, looking confused and not understanding this sudden turn to events. A few moments later and they were gone.

"Why did we retreat?" One of the men growled. "We had them dead to rights, the girl cornered."
"Because something bigger came up." Caspain replied calmly leading the group through the forest away from the cabin.
"WE"RE PAYING YOU TO..."
"Oh shut up." Caspian muttered and suddenly grabbed his sword. A flash of a thought later and he drew, turned and cut the man down. Before his comrades could react, Caspian was among them, moving with a speed and flowing grace that was unearthly. He cut through them before half had time to remember their weapons, and wove a bloody path through the remainder even as they started to draw. In a matter of seconds it was over and Caspian standing at the center of a blood bath looked toward the storming sky overhead. Lowering his sword to the ground he touched, it's tip to the earth. "Drink up my friend..."
Slowly, blood began to peel itself from the earth, the leaves the trees around. Every drop, every splatter pulled free of where it had fallen and flowed like tiny rivers to the blade of the sword. Even blood still in the bodies flowed fourth from the many wounds to be collected to the blade. There it collected until the blade was hidden in a new sheath of flowing red liquid then slowly began to sink in and vanish into the steel. Still looking to the sky Caspian grinned before lifting the sword up before his face. "Did you see the pendent around his neck? How long my friend? How long has it been since we tasted the blood of one like him? Forget the girl, we've got bigger prey."
The blood drinking sword offered no reply that could be heard by ear.
User Image

Frost watched the men go and was honestly surprised. As they left he growled again and his silver eyes flashed reptile like again and what looked like steam come from his nose. The pendant stopped glowing but Frost could feel the power inside humming with satisfaction," I can feel the blood that was spilled. Mmmm death is a wonderful feeling." The voice chuckled. Frost rolled his eyes and could actually smell blood in the wind. it was faint and he shivered. Totally soaked now he headed back inside and shut and locked the door. He walked back towards Rose," There now see. I told them off and their gone. I told you no one messes with me." He smiled and saw her sitting looking distressed," Hey everything alright?" He reached out t touch her shoulder gently hoping he wouldn't spook her.
User Image

A young man wearing a dark blue coat stood in the woods, map in hand. He didn't seem to pay any heed to the storm and falling rain, even as it soaked the parchment in his hand. After studying the map, he took a few steps forward, but almost immediately halted again. He looked around, back to the map, turned to the right and took another couple steps. Finally, an exasperated sigh escaped his lips and he calmly tore the map into, tossed the pieces behind him, and he simply dropped to the ground on his back.

"Well, this is great," he muttered, folding his hands behind his head and staring up at the grey sky. He seemed unimpressed at the lightning and wind, nor did he seem to care that he was soaked and muddy. He would wait out the storm until the sky cleared enough to give him some direction.

(OOC: Still reading posts, so I just dumped him on his own. I don't have any big plans for this character - just characterization - so if anyone wants to work with me or wants to do a story, I'm cool with it. Otherwise, I'll just wander around. Also, I accept auto-hits as long as it's not abused, doesn't kill my character, and I get the same courtesy. ^.^ )

EDITED: Didn't realize it was still storming.

Stellar Raider

12,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Inquisitor 200
User Image
Brogar Kargunsson

Brogar had dug and cleared out a gallery beneath his warren, shaping and forming the natural stone to better support the mine he was constructing. He had started collecting metals and minerals, namely copper and coal and he stockpiled them in stone bins he had crafted. Now what he needed was tin, and he hoped to his ancestors that there was some around. Or, even better, something altogether more valuable. Brogar wasn't picky, but a good vein of precious ores would do wonders for the establishment of his mine. He continued working, however, excavating in the pitch dark with little need for light.

AdorableKohai's Senpai

Feline Otaku

tab in the forest with Caspian "wtf is up with this guy?" feeling bewildered
                    ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
                    xxx════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Violet stood in the forest, shrouded by the cover of dense foliage. Being a ghost she was able to materialize herself at will, though when she gave it little thought she usually appeared slightly translucent. Most nights she spent her time wandering the forest looking for other creatures to play tricks on. Leading the life of a ghost got boring so she had to find ways to occupy her time. Tonight was different however. This time the trouble found her instead.

As she peered through the trees, she watched quietly as a man in a coat had what seemed to be a heated argument with another man. She frowned, not being able to hear the details of the conversation due to the distance between them. She concentrated a bit harder and soon her entire form had vanished. This way she could get closer without giving away her position. She inched forward, watching as the argument escalated. Suddenly, before she knew what had happened, the man drew his sword and cut down the others without even a second of hesitation.

A barely audible gasp escaped her mouth and her eyes widened in shock. He laid the tip of his sword in a pool of blood and she watched as it flowed into it, as if it were a living creature capable of 'drinking.' She crouched behind some bushes, though her body was still invisible to the naked eye, and listened. "Did you see the pendent around his neck? How long my friend? How long has it been since we tasted the blood of one like him? Forget the girl, we've got bigger prey." A confused look spread across her face as she pondered on why this man was speaking to his sword. He must be some kind of basket case. She thought for a moment and decided it was probably in her best interest to put some distance between her and this psycho.

Hope you don't mind me introducing my character in an attempt to interact with yours! :]
                                lolzrd
((my posting will be sporadic for the next week or so due to work and holidays. As such I don't want to leave anyone hanging...))

Aiko Nodin

Aiko had gone into her own world. It was the only place she could go sometimes. Created for her by her, and only her. Or so she had thought at one time, but ease couldn't always be found when one was alone, and that's where things became muddled. Reality and dream, dream and reality. The convergence of fantastical and ordinary to create things extraordinary. Her gift and her curse both in one.

Part of a special experiment her coding was controlled through her vision alone, hence the blind fold around her eyes. With the mantra 'see no evil'. Evil like any other word was subjective in nature, and debatable from one person to another. With her mind muddled and her realities bent, it was hard to tell good from evil sometimes.

Thus, a biological weapon is born.

Wandering in her field of flowers eating the tasty picnic treats, she could hear just fine the exchange outside. As well as feel the energy of the individuals seeking her. Emotion was simply an energy and radiated all around her just like light and dark. A different spectrum of vision. "see no evil.." she whispered before Frost came back in and asked if she was okay.

Her body had dried off as she stood and turned toward him, "You'd be careful to watch your back. Once you are drawn into the darkness it will haunt you for the rest of your life. Where there is light there will always be darkness. Where there is good there too is evil." she said calmly before she moved forward and gave him a light kiss, "Thank you for your shelter though. I shall one day repay you" she said with a grin. Without another word she moved to the door and prepared to leave.

"The journey shall go on...and when it ends tales tell of lovers meeting, but don't we all meet in the end?" she questioned with another smile before she took off once more into the woods.
( aw I totally understand that one. Poor Frost he would hate to see her go but maybe we can have them meet again later on)

User Image

Frost looked at her and was surprised when she gave him the advice and then kissed him. He didn't want her to go. One it was nice to have company and too he was worried for her safety. " No don't worry about repaying me. You are welcome here anytime." He said not wanting to force her to stay. Sighing he stopped her suddenly," Wait wait for just one moment." He ran back into the house grabbed a bag and put some food, water and a blanket. It wouldn't weigh her down either. He ran back out and gave her the bag and a small silver dragon pendant," This is a symbol for my clan. If you should ever need me again this necklace will let you find me and it will guide me to you should you call for me. It should also tell other people you are under the protection of the prince of my clan as well." he said with a smile and then let her go. Taking a deep breath he watched her disappear into the trees. Walking back to the cabin he climbed up to the roof and sat down hugging his knees. He didn't mind the cold and rain as he just watched the clouds move and the wind blow through the trees.
User Image

The rain didn't bother him, but as the storm started pick up rather than calm and the cold brought on by his damp clothes began to weigh on him more than he'd have liked. The young man stood up and, after squeezing some of the water from the tail of his coat, decided to seek some slightly better accommodations than a muddy patch of grass.

After some wandering, he saw a figure in the distance. Her back was turned toward him, but he guessed it was a girl from the feminine silhouette and long, dark hair flowing in the wind. He walked up, casually at first until he realized that the girl had adopted a stance of a more sneaky nature and seemed focused on something else. He quieted his approach. Looking over the girl's head, he soon saw that what she was so intent on looking at was a man. He walked right up behind her and, after a second of looking at the man, turned to whisper in her ear.

"So who are we spying on?"

Stellar Raider

12,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Inquisitor 200
User Image
Brogar Kargunsson

As he suspected he hit paydirt, a nice thick vein of Iron. And not just any iron, but according to what he could tell, it was thunderbolt iron, ore from a great falling star that impacted the site and was buried ages ago. Now getting into serious digging, Brogar unsheathed his Thermal Hammer, activated it, and began taking swings at the ore, seeking to break it out with intense striking force and heat.

AdorableKohai's Senpai

Feline Otaku

tab in the forest with Caspian and ?? "wtf is up with this guy?" feeling bewildered
                    ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
                    xxx════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Violet nearly jumped out of her skin as she heard the voice whisper in her ear. "What the hell!" She exclaimed, in a louder tone than she had intended. She was sure to have given away her position now. She turned to look at the other person who had snuck up behind her. He was a light haired man, someone she'd never seen before around the forest. How did he see her? She was supposed to be invisible! She frowned, looking down at her legs to see that they had begun to materialize and she was slightly translucent once again. Apparently she'd lost concentration at some point during her spying session and had regained some of her material form.

She quickly up a finger up to her lips in a shushing manner and leaned in closer to him. "I'm not really sure. I was walking through the woods when I came across this weirdo talking to his sword," she whispered back to him. "He's been rambling about some crazy stuff, but look what he did to those people!" She gestured towards the bodies that were laying around him, slashed open grotesquely.

Kairi Nightingale
                                What's your character's name? I couldn't find it, but I may have overlooked it. sweatdrop

lolzrd
Cale Darksun

EARTH CREATURE

Solid rock parted in front of it and closed behind it, the solid stone flowing like curtains as the creature traveled under the earth. A few times it stopped, and listened, and sensed before moving onwards, dragging it's thick legs along the ground.

There was a sound. Clanging. Crunching. Crumbling. It drew the creature closer, until it melded out of the cave wall and found the source - a stubby, blue thing. It reared back its head and roared, the sound starting low, like the rumbling of an earthquake, before growing louder, echoing off the cave walls and nearly shaking the earth itself.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff