21,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
Inventive Tyrant
Anyel Sparkx
Inventive Tyrant
Anyel Sparkx
you should really tell this to the a*****e parent that sent their sick child to school, instead of the innocent parents that didn't.

Trust me, if I knew who it was I would. I don't really have contact with the parents of kids in her class.

& it's more of a rant than finger pointing, sorry if it offended you. :b
No offense.

And rant, well deserved.

You shouldn't have to worry about sending your kids to school and them coming home sick. It's unfair

Cool. I don't want to rustle any jimmies. Unless there's parents on here who are sending their kids to school while they're showing symptoms of illness. Then I will rustle ALL THE JIMMIES.

Yeah, it pretty much is unfair. And I wouldn't have cared so much since xmas break is coming up... except now she's got to miss this play that she was looking forward to and I'm getting sick too. Lots of collateral damage from her gettin the Flu.

Plus I mean having to watch your 4 year old puking and not really bein able to do anything about it, while knowing she got it from school... That s**t is incredibly frustrating.

I could honestly only imagine that, since I don't have children, I don't know how that is. I imagine it being incredibly hard, frustrating and infuriating.

Just so you know, no matter the age, ginger tea helps with upset stomachs.

Honey in some warm water with a squeeze of lemon juice will help fight any aches.

Of course, lots of liquids and plenty of rest.

the ginger and honey are home remedies so you don't have to worry about medicine interaction.

Mythical Nymph

Oops I think not
RIP her chances of being in broadway

Lmao.

Whatever will we do now, her life is ruiinnnedddddddd. rofl

Mythical Nymph

Mrs Buggsy
I hope he gets better real quick, and you should stock up on some vit c and take that!

Thanks. ^^ I'm goin get a bunch of OJ & medicine for me as soon as I finish this essay.

Taken Hoarder

13,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Married 100
Inventive Tyrant
tell-em pink
Inventive Tyrant
tell-em pink
I never understand why kids go to school sick. I knew a kid that would come to school sick because she didn't want tot miss something in class but yet her grades still sucked and she got me sick a few times like jfc just stay home it was senior year gosh.
I have strong feeling about this whole topic.

Ditto. I was already frustrated about it last night but then I woke up with this ugly cough & a scratchy throat and I just know I'm gonna come down with it.

I have the worst immune system so k-12 every year I got sick. High school was the worst because our school had a close system and no opening windows so I was sick almost weekly. I detest everything about schools.

ugh, that makes my skin crawl just thinking about being confined in a small space with no ventilation with people who might be sick.

Senior year most of my classes didn't have windows. Always check out schools before sending your kids to them, and consider how they might feel in that place.

GO

Inventive Tyrant
Oops I think not

Lmao.

Sell her life story and maybe they can make a play about it.

Mythical Nymph

Anyel Sparkx

I could honestly only imagine that, since I don't have children, I don't know how that is. I imagine it being incredibly hard, frustrating and infuriating.

Honey in some warm water with a squeeze of lemon juice will help fight any aches.

the ginger and honey are home remedies so you don't have to worry about medicine interaction.

Some people last night were telling me about the ginger tea. I need to go to the store today anyway once my aunt comes around (cause just like I dont send my child to school sick, I don't bring her to the store sick either: I make that s**t work).

I'll have to get some ginger tea & some lemon juice. 3nodding

Not just for her but for me too, my throat is all achy & my head hurts.

Mythical Nymph

tell-em pink

Senior year most of my classes didn't have windows. Always check out schools before sending your kids to them, and consider how they might feel in that place.

This school is actually a really, really good school. It's the highest rated school in our district.

They just need to be more watchful for kids who might be seriously ill (a month or so into school they had a kid in her class who was at home with mono).

Idk what their protocol is for handling kids who come in with obvious symptoms but I plan to talk to her teacher and find out what they do about it when it happens.

Mythical Nymph

Oops I think not
Inventive Tyrant
Oops I think not

Lmao.

Sell her life story and maybe they can make a play about it.

Genius. Time to cash in on dat gold mine. wink

Magnetic Lover

21,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
Inventive Tyrant
Anyel Sparkx

Some people last night were telling me about the ginger tea. I need to go to the store today anyway once my aunt comes around (cause just like I dont send my child to school sick, I don't bring her to the store sick either: I make that s**t work).

Banana's for your headache and for a sore throat,

mix one clove of fresh minced garlic with a tsp of cayenne pepper and a tbsp of honey, take every four to six hours as needed and you'll be fine by morning. This is for adults though, because the pepper can be too spicy for children. I used this remedy when I had strep, and it was gone within 48hrs without antibiotics or other medicine.

Mythical Nymph

Anyel Sparkx
Inventive Tyrant
Anyel Sparkx

mix one clove of fresh minced garlic with a tsp of cayenne pepper and a tbsp of honey, take every four to six hours as needed and you'll be fine by morning. This is for adults though, because the pepper can be too spicy for children. I used this remedy when I had strep, and it was gone within 48hrs without antibiotics or other medicine.

I'm writing this down, no joke. I hate bein sick & it's hard takin care of a child with the flu while you're sick yourself.

Thank you heart Definitely going to try it out.

Bangtan Boys's Waifu

Naughty Shoujo

Hope you and her get better :c

Magnetic Lover

21,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
Inventive Tyrant
Anyel Sparkx
Inventive Tyrant
Anyel Sparkx

I'm writing this down, no joke. I hate bein sick & it's hard takin care of a child with the flu while you're sick yourself.

Thank you heart Definitely going to try it out.

You are most welcome! I hate being sick myself, and granted, because I use home remedies and herbs for sickness, I am rarely sick. The honey, pepper and garlic trick will work wonders.

Hopefully both you and your daughter are able to fight this and feel better soon. 4laugh

What was the christmas play she was supposed to participate in?

Taken Hoarder

13,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Married 100
Inventive Tyrant
tell-em pink

This school is actually a really, really good school. It's the highest rated school in our district.

They just need to be more watchful for kids who might be seriously ill (a month or so into school they had a kid in her class who was at home with mono).

Idk what their protocol is for handling kids who come in with obvious symptoms but I plan to talk to her teacher and find out what they do about it when it happens.

That's a good idea, see if you can donate items like sanitizing wipes for the desks and hand sanitizer, my parents did that when I was in elementary.

9,125 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Inventive Tyrant
Pit Bull Kisses
I agree, but sometimes people don't display symptoms. Other times what appears to be just the sniffles at first turns out to be something more.

Get your kid(s) the flu shot and hope for the best. That's what I did.

Yeah, I know. s**t happens & kids get sick.

it's still frustrating though because people DO send their kids to school while they're sick & showing symptoms.

Sniffles, or a running nose, should be a reason to keep them home or find alternate care for them.

Like we had a big meeting at the start of the school year with all the parents & teachers and they talked about this type of thing and about how important it is to keep them home if they seem sick but nobody does.

The sad thing is if you do call them in every time they get the sniffles the school gets upset because they are missing too many days. They don't want them coming to school sick, but they don't want them missing school and the parent is stuck in the middle trying to figure out what to do.

This is why good hygiene is something so important to stress while they are young. That way they form good healthy habits. Come home from school/store. Wash hands. Touch something that's not yours. Wash hands. Go to the bathroom. Wash hands. Sanitize carts. Avoid touching doors with your hands. Fruits and veggies. Plenty of sleep..

Every time we go into a store my two year wipes the cart. He wants to and looks for the wipes as soon as we walk in the door. My 6 year old automatically washes his hands as soon as he walks in the door because he's been doing it since he was a baby and my 2 year old is on the same path.

Other people aren't going to be considerate and stay home when sick (and some just can't) so you have to do what you can to protect yourself and your family.

Though even if you are super cautious getting sick will happen. I do everything I can to keep my kids from getting sick, but it happens.

Trash

19,075 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
Inventive Tyrant
gomenasigh
awh :/ i hope that the medicine works out for her
of course u know this but plenty of fluids and etc
hopefully itll all be gone by christmas
and lets hope you dont come down with what she has either, its no fun having to do stuff while having the flu

Me too. They gave her some at the hospital and she's been kinda okay since last night.

Yepyep. ^^ Lots of rest & good juice & water.

It should be cleared up by the end of the week hopefully.

Ha yeah. I woke up with a scratchy throat / cough this morning which is what got me in such a ranty mood.
it may be something mild like a cold or something, change of weather always does that
of course that would of put me in a bad mood as well confused
i woke up this morning running in and out of the bathroom.
i think i ate something bad or something and my stomach has been doing the twists since 3am sad

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff