Welcome to Gaia! ::

So right now I am dealing with a college professor that refuses to respond to my emails. I missed a assignment that I had done but wasn't able to submit yet due the Sunday before thanksgiving break. I missed it because I was traveling home, and I missed my flight because my bus was delayed due to unexpected snow and then had to wait a day in the airport (my stupid airport has no internet unless you are some member of some stupid frequent flyer club) and by the time I got home but it was too late to submit by like one hour. Before this I worked my a** off and was getting a 100% in the class. Now I am automatically at a B -.-

Anyways I have been emailing and emailing this professor and TA's. No response. Posted in the Q and A forum. No response. Called them. No response. Going to try and talk to the dean maybe they can get a hold of it. And I am currently freaking out because its 60 points which is an entire grade level.

I'm not really expecting much from professors since they are usually pretty harsh on students. But am I the only one who thinks most professors are unusually harsh on students but students always get all the blame?

Edit: Problem solved! Went to the dean, the dean understood where I was coming from so she found a way to contact this professor and convinced them to reopen it. Yay!

Anyways, anyone else had to deal with unreasonable professors?

Tipsy Kitten

wah wah wah
Bs aren't bad.
Toki Bird
wah wah wah
Bs aren't bad.
Yeah they are when you are trying to go to medical school. Don't get me wrong I am not a neurotic straight A student. But for medical school you can only afford B's in classes like Biochemistry and Orgo. Not a random stupid class I just took because I needed 4 credit hours to get to a 12.

Tipsy Kitten

Le Soleil Brille
Toki Bird
wah wah wah
Bs aren't bad.
Yeah they are when you are trying to go to medical school. Don't get me wrong I am not a neurotic straight A student. But for medical school you can only afford B's in classes like Biochemistry and Orgo. Not a random stupid class I just took because I needed 4 credit hours to get to a 12.

whining is all I hear.
Grapedolf Niggler
OP is one whiny bundle of sticks
This is exactly why i posted in this forum. People always automatically take the professors side and call students whiny for having to jump through hoops.

No I am not being whiny. When you work your a** off all semester, study 20 hours for an exam, get 100%'s and beat the class average by 20%, and one little thing throws all that out the window, you would be pissed too. When you break your leg and have to resort to taking a cab every day because the professor won't let you be 5 extra minutes late for a class you are getting an A in, you would be pissed too.
Toki Bird
Le Soleil Brille
Toki Bird
wah wah wah
Bs aren't bad.

whining is all I hear.
Being a d**k for no reason is all I hear.

Buggy Glitch

Some profs don't answer E-mail, I've had those, if it is urgent enough you should get to their office hours as soon as possible. Most profs are understandable.
Grapedolf Niggler
Le Soleil Brille
Grapedolf Niggler
OP is one whiny bundle of sticks
This is exactly why i posted in this forum. People always automatically take the professors side and expect students to be inhuman.

No I am not being whiny. When you work your a** off all semester, study 20 hours for an exam, get 100%'s and beat the class average by 20%, and one little thing throws all that out the window, you would be pissed too.

So first you say you're whining for a reason then you say you aren't whining. Make up your mind, OP.
I didn't say I was whining ever you said it. I am talking about a common problem all college students face. Whining is when you expect things you don't deserve to be handed to you and it isn't so you b***h about it. I work my a** off nothing has ever been ******** handed to me so therefore me talking about my situation is not whining.
cool4
Some profs don't answer E-mail, I've had those, if it is urgent enough you should get to their office hours as soon as possible. Most profs are understandable.
Yeah I am definitely going to try and hunt him down and explain the situation.
Toki Bird
wah wah wah
Bs aren't bad.
Didn't you just make a post about pointless college classes LOL. Also OP is not being whiny.

I think most college professors are reasonable because usually students will avoid a class if the professor isn't doing his job.

The ones that are usually annoying are the ones in mandatory classes in my experience.

I had this one professor that wouldn't let you into an exam late even if you were like 5 seconds late. No kidding. Usually professors have a policy where if a student finishes an exam and you come in then they won't let you because then you could technically get the questions. Her policy makes no sense since usually the exams aren't even handed out until 5 minutes in. For one of her exams I was a minute late or so and I saw how she gave a kid a zero for being like 5 seconds so I looked at my watch, realized I was a minute late, made a U-Turn right when I got there and went to the emergency dean. I faked sick, took the exam one week later and she could do nothing about it.

Tipsy Kitten

HerpDeDerpMapleSerp
Toki Bird
wah wah wah
Bs aren't bad.
Didn't you just make a post about pointless college classes LOL.

But I wasn't whining about my professor and whining about getting a B in a class.
He/she probably hasn't checked their emails because it's a holiday weekend. I wouldn't want students to bother me about stupid issues that is their fault, either.
Toki Bird
HerpDeDerpMapleSerp
Toki Bird
wah wah wah
Bs aren't bad.
Didn't you just make a post about pointless college classes LOL.

But I wasn't whining about my professor and whining about getting a B in a class.
He/she probably hasn't checked their emails because it's a holiday weekend. I wouldn't want students to bother me about stupid issues that is their fault, either.
It wasn't the OP's fault from what I am seeing. And if professors are willing to dish out assignments during holiday weekends then they have an obligation to respond when issues with the assignment occur.

Getting a B in a class is frustrating actually if you take college seriously. Judging from your thread you seem like you have failed classes so maybe you just aren't a good student and wouldn't understand.

I'm not sure why you think you were not the one who is whining and the op is. The op has a legitimate concern about an unfortunate situation. Yet in your thread you were complaining about not wanting to take pointless classes when everyone in the history of college itself has to take pointless classes and doesn't complain about it. Its called expanding your horizons not pointless classes. I didn't even respond to your thread because I thought you were whining. So the fact that you are lecturing the OP for that is laughable.

I love calling people out on their s**t when I see it. And you sir are full of s**t.

Nacchashu's Pardner

Dapper Dabbler

7,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Generous 100
Toki Bird

Grapedolf Niggler

First of all, you both have to back off. If you have nothing useful to say to this dear then don't say it at all. B(
You both are the childish ones, obviously don't even know how stressful something like this can happen to a college student.

Le Soleil Brille

Sorry about the bullshit those guys are giving you. Anyway, take my advice~!
I've had this happen with one of my teachers, and although I see him twice a week and communicate well, he just doesn't generally keep track of his e-mails. Even when I request for him to e-mail me back, he doesn't. So What I suggest you do is to e-mail the dean and work together on as to why said teacher isn't messaging you back.

Even though it's not his responsibility to keep track of your work, it is his responsibility to keep up with his students, especially if it's an online course.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff