Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,625 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Tinki Chan
Korean Bruh
Hi, I'm a Korean living in Korea, You should also watch "show me the money" its really good.

I do watch it on Mnet heart

U prefer it over Super Star K or the Voice Korea tbh....

i was really happy when Bobby won and i cant wait for the next season...

at least if it didnt start yet....

omg did SMTM 4 start yet?
tbh, I don't usally watch the TV, I actually just play Leauge and work haha

Wealthy Genius

8,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bidding War 100
  • Big Tipper 100
Korean Bruh
Tinki Chan
Korean Bruh
Hi, I'm a Korean living in Korea, You should also watch "show me the money" its really good.

I do watch it on Mnet heart

U prefer it over Super Star K or the Voice Korea tbh....

i was really happy when Bobby won and i cant wait for the next season...

at least if it didnt start yet....

omg did SMTM 4 start yet?
tbh, I don't usally watch the TV, I actually just play Leauge and work haha

lol, i usually just go to school and do homework.... i get crazy on vacation and on the weekends and i end up watching like a whole season of a show in 2 days.... hehe emo emo emo

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100
Tinki Chan
Green_Fuu
Recently saw Liar game.
It was pretty good.
9/10
Not as good as the Japanese, but the actors were awesome!
Specially Sung-Rok ^w^

I'm usually more on the action/comedy/thriller & suspense side but I'll watch anything with Gong Hyo-jin or Park shin Hye in it! @__@
Well not EVERYTHING. Heirs didn't make it to the list >P

I hated the Heirs, BOF, and Personal taste.......

i love thrillers omggg

recommendations:
Healer
Empress Ki
Hong Gil Dong
Iris
City Hunter

---- I love Empress Ki because 2/3 of the main characters were bada**es .... Ha Ji Won's Character was the best female lead ever because she played an intelligent female warrior ... I hate it when the characters are weak.... *cough* personal taste, heirs, bof, angel eyes *Cough*

Yeah. I don't mind either way as long as the main characters evolve through the drama. But I agree, sometimes they make the female lead too weak and/or annoying (as well as guys). I like it better when they at least evolve throughout the drama. Now I'm making it sound like a Pokemon! O_o.

City Hunter was one of the first Lee Min Ho dramas, alongside Faith, that I watched. I liked those, but I've never seen any of the others.
I've been seeing Healer as well as Empress Ki a lot in the list of recommendations, I might make those my next target once I get a break from school. gaia_kittenstar

Quotable Genius

12,425 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
I've been looking for something like Tree with Deep Roots. Intelligent plot, great actors, big-budget-movie feel, the scientific creation of an alphabet, martial arts, incredible OST...
Joseon Gunman had my hopes high, but it was no Tree.
Any suggestions?

Invisible Phantom

5,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Contributor 150
The two that I watched most recently were You're Beautiful and Playful Kiss. I can't remember if Playful Kiss was Korean, though... I loved both series.

Wealthy Genius

8,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bidding War 100
  • Big Tipper 100
Alice_Petrichora
The two that I watched most recently were You're Beautiful and Playful Kiss. I can't remember if Playful Kiss was Korean, though... I loved both series.

playful kiss is korean

since both of them are really girly-ish plots i guess another one that you'd like would be Flower Boys Next Door...

but i think that Secret Garden is wayy better than the shows you've watched and Flower Boys Next Door...

Wealthy Genius

8,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bidding War 100
  • Big Tipper 100
HappyHarpy
I've been looking for something like Tree with Deep Roots. Intelligent plot, great actors, big-budget-movie feel, the scientific creation of an alphabet, martial arts, incredible OST...
Joseon Gunman had my hopes high, but it was no Tree.
Any suggestions?

Empress Ki...

honestly im so attached to it because its so well written and acted out.
PLUS
In every asian drama the female lead is weak (ex: boys over flowers, Rooftop Prince, Heirs, Angel Eyes, Personal Taste, Coffee Prince) and kind of/ really annoying...

BUT

THE MAIN FEMALE LEAD (Ha Ji Won) WAS A TOTAL BADASS. The Wikipedia description is so vague btw

Also, empress ki had a lovely balance of action and romance... also IT HAS SO MANY PLOT TWISTS AND IT PLAYS WITH YOUR FEELS....

In my opinion its like a cooler version of Tree With Deep Roots... kind of like how Healer is a more complex version of City Hunter

Invisible Phantom

5,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Contributor 150
Tinki Chan
Alice_Petrichora

playful kiss is korean

since both of them are really girly-ish plots i guess another one that you'd like would be Flower Boys Next Door...

but i think that Secret Garden is wayy better than the shows you've watched and Flower Boys Next Door...

Thanks, I'll check both of those out! I haven't actually watched anything action-oriented, and I should probably remedy that since you pointed out that both are pretty girly.

Calamaru's Partner

Lionheart

18,025 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
HERE are some korean dramas you can check out! there are links to different sites with eng subs. Enjoy! The cite is still still updating so check out in a few days for more!

Wealthy Genius

8,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bidding War 100
  • Big Tipper 100
LadyyRainicorn
HERE are some korean dramas you can check out! there are links to different sites with eng subs. Enjoy! The cite is still still updating so check out in a few days for more!

um... sweatdrop this form is so that I can recommended people Korean dramas and teach them about Korean culture... well... because i am Korean and I've lived in Korea for like the 1st 1/2 of my life... sweatdrop sweatdrop

Ethereal Doll

23,775 Points
  • Recruitment Party 50
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
The most recent ones I've seen are Successful Story of a Bright Girl and Daemang. I only watched them because I wanted to see how Jang Hyuk acted when he was just beginning. lol

My favorites are My Love From The Star, Fated to Love You and Master's Sun.

Some of the other Korean dramas I've seen are Faith, City Hunter, Boys Over Flowers and Full House.

I'm currently watching Chuno and I'm planning to watch any of these three next: Iris 2, Shine or Go Crazy or Moon Embracing The Sun.
Could you recommend any dramas with strong bromances and attractive guys?
I have watched school 2013 and sungkyunkwan scandal.

a bit of romance is fine but nothing too much please heart

Quotable Genius

12,425 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
ariasaven
The most recent ones I've seen are Successful Story of a Bright Girl and Daemang. I only watched them because I wanted to see how Jang Hyuk acted when he was just beginning. lol

Some of the other Korean dramas I've seen are Faith, City Hunter, Boys Over Flowers and Full House.

I'm currently watching Chuno and I'm planning to watch any of these three next: Iris 2, Shine or Go Crazy or Moon Embracing The Sun.

Oh I love Daemang!

What do you think of Chuno?

Wealthy Genius

8,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bidding War 100
  • Big Tipper 100
ariasaven

49 Days and Healer are really good dramas

Healer is a lot like City Hunter (the style... and omg even the main female character is played by Park Min Young)
but the plot in Healer is a bit more intense

I think that you'd like I Hear Your Voice

If you ever want to watch a historical drama i recommended Empress Ki

(I've watched the 1st Iris but not Iris 2..... omg im so done with myself.... it's probably because when i watched it i was left in trauma like "what... why" but then again a few years makes a big difference when it comes to my reactions

Wealthy Genius

8,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bidding War 100
  • Big Tipper 100
sole paradox
Could you recommend any dramas with strong bromances and attractive guys?
I have watched school 2013 and sungkyunkwan scandal.

a bit of romance is fine but nothing too much please heart

I'll try but to be honest I focus more on plot than looks

and by the way..... there's always attractive guys in asian dramas

Flower Boys next door is a girly-ish drama that has well... flower boys but the plot is weak

Healer has a strong plot and Ji Chang Wook is in it and he's heart bae heart

City Hunter is also good and i think that out of all Lee Minho movies/dramas, he looks the best in this. (his hair= amaz)

Hi School Love on has a okay plot (its not weak.. but it doesn't have a really strong storyline like Empress Ki) and romance as well as subtractive guys (Woohyun and Sungyeol)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff