Welcome to Gaia! ::

Divine Muse

User Image

Mint Ticket winter date

(This is a private RP thread, please do not post)

Divine Muse

Jayce stood frozen, momentarily as she held the letter. It was as if someone had removed all the air in the sparse apartment she stood in. Still in her coat and scarf so newly arrived from her job as bartender at the Bar and grill. The next thing she knew, the wall was leaning against her shoulder, or rather, she was leaning against the wall. Her lips curled into an instinctive smile while she reread the same sentence over and over again.

Quote:
. . . and as such would be delighted to see you there for the Holidays, It's a date.

Happy Holidays!
Ian Von Helson

After years of silently pining and kind of doing nothing at all about it, It's a date. Her right hand found their way to her left upper arm and solidly pinched. Yup, it hurt and she was not dreaming. Klute raised his half asleep head from his bed by the fireplace and glanced at Jayce before wagging his tail, hopefully for an early snack or perhaps a nice walk. But for now his owner was not paying the least bit of attention to him and trying very hard not to squee in joy.

BARK!

Jayce snapped out of her reverie and still smiling, gave her dog an early dinner along with some scratching behind the ears before rushing towards her closet to stare at it and maybe look at some kind of outfit. She was not exactly a feminine type or particularly glamorous. Her usual look was steampunk or something functional, much like Sam at the auto body shop. Being more accustomed to a welders mask or rewiring a tenants electricity above her little business. She realized her winter jacket was still on so hanging it up on the plastic hanger had her feeling a little bit cooler. A lot of people had helped her get this opportunity, a fact that also blew her away. Maybe she was a little more to people than just a face in the crowd.

Not having many dresses could pose a problem and her regular outfits didn't quite seem appropriate. This was special and she had wanted something like this since she first moved to Gaia so many years ago. The first friendly face she saw was Ian and while she was not smitten at first sight, she found him to be a very likeable but awkward person. He always asked how she was and never seemed to take a sick day. It was not until she saw him at what she assumed to be his lowest point that Jayce started to really fall for the handsome shopkeeper.

But that was the past so there was no point in thinking about that. She really should be getting some focus and find something to wear. She wanted everything to be perfect and she didn't want to be just the usual "Jayce Reinhardt, owner of a bar and grill, repair person for neighbors and maker of clockwork doo dads she sold on Gbay to people who wanted the items practically free.

She wanted to dress nice for once, just for the hell of it. Why not?

But being a bit on the "not very girly at all", socially, would she be able to pull this off? Even a caterpillar gets to transform into a gorgeous butterfly. She was going back and forth between the Skating rink, Rina's cafe to be more casual, or maybe a dance? Maybe calling a few friends for advice would be an option.

Clearly, she was over thinking things way too much, again, and this meant absolutely nothing to him. Just a bit of publicity and that's it. Twenty minutes later she was sitting down at her sewing machine and rechecking the little sketch she had hurriedly made. Picking up the roll of discount fabric, she cut it into the proper length and then more as she followed the pattern. It was not something she usually wore but the dresses in the stores were too expensive. She knew if she put her mind to it that she could create one that was just as good if not better. Long hours stretched by as quickly as blinking an eye or reading a good book. By the time she looked up, her clock said it was 12pm.

She had a few days before the dress had to be ready, perhaps something would be discounted enough to wear if her sewing did not pan out. First and foremost she had to reign in her excitement and keep everything casual. But in the meantime she had work in the morning so calling it a night would be a wise idea.

Divine Muse

(I actually do have a IRL package to send out so I will be back asap)

User Image

Several days later, Jayce woke up in the morning and was amazed she had been able to sleep at all. She had a lot to do before something she had been waiting years for and she hoped everything would be perfect. The day was finally here! Not knowing what the plans were, Jayce had tried to account for several possibilities. The apartment was clean, some things were baked, the Christmas tree was up, and her things were ready just in case they were going out.

A dear friend of hers, Hikari, had spoken at length the previous day that the usual was in fact perfect. While it was understandable how nervous things felt, it was important to stay true to ones self no matter the cost. Jayce had ended up agreeing with this as she never would have been able to walk in heels and whatever, makeup always felt like a mask anyway. If he liked her, he liked her, if not, . . .if not it would hurt but it is what it is.

After breakfast she fed and walked Klute and then headed out to get some stuff and mail out another thing she created for a customer on Gbay. She didn't exactly know what time this was happening but she assumed it would be in the later part of the day. Since she had moved to Gaia she had never been this happy. No matter what happened it could not take away that she actually had a date with HIM.

The one she had been pathetically pining over and occasionally peeking privately when she thought he wasn't looking. She never thought of disturbing him though, didn't think she could ever just brazenly waltz up and say "Oh Hi, I'm Jayce and I think your hot" That wasn't her style and even thinking about it made her face turn red. Embarrassing herself like that was not an option.

She grabbed her favorite coat, lifted her light brown hair from being imprisoned in the worn collar and grabbed the tapped up box with her elaborate welding project inside. The clockwork machine inside it shouldn't have any issues and she used packing foam and bubble wrap. Hopefully her customer wasn't a scam artist who'd claim it was broken. But she shouldn't steep in such stupid thoughts of swindlers seeking a free ride.

After Jayce locked the door, Klute jumped on the couch and looked down to the street below as he usually did. When he saw his owner he whimpered and let out a few low pitched barks as basset hounds usually do. It sometimes bothered the other tenants but they never said anything since she owned the building and could fix things that stayed fixed. He was never very happy when she left without him so would guard the window until she came back. Just then, a single snowflake floated slowly down and stuck itself onto the windowsill. Klute barked at that as well.
Hi!

Is Jayce Reinhardt here and ready to chat?

Divine Muse

(Just got home, I am soo sorry traffic held me up. Holidays have all the stores crowded and busy)
I suppose I've caught you at a bad time. Please send an email to lucky-winner@gaiaonline.com and we can reschedule. I really look forward to giving this another shot!

Divine Muse

[NPC] Ian
I suppose I've caught you at a bad time. Please send an email to lucky-winner@gaiaonline.com and we can reschedule. I really look forward to giving this another shot!

Sorry I took too long and left you no time. The fault is completely mine.
Jayce Reinhardt
(Just got home, I am soo sorry traffic held me up. Holidays have all the stores crowded and busy)

I'm excited to see you, Jayce! I have a lot to tend to at the shop, and our date time for today has run disastrously low. In fact, we've used up almost all of it! I feel just awful for calling on you at an inconvenient time. Please send an email to lucky-winner@gaiaonline.com and we can arrange another date where we can chat some more.

(Keep in mind that none of my posts for today will count towards your post total!)

Divine Muse

[NPC] Ian
Jayce Reinhardt

I'm excited to see you, Jayce! I have a lot to tend to at the shop, and our date time for today has run disastrously low. In fact, we've used up almost all of it! I feel just awful for calling on you at an inconvenient time. Please send an email to lucky-winner@gaiaonline.com and we can arrange another date where we can chat some more.

(Keep in mind that none of my prior posts will count towards your post total!)

Thank you for being so accommodating. emotion_facepalm I look forward to it as well.
Jayce Reinhardt
[NPC] Ian
Jayce Reinhardt

(Keep in mind that none of my prior posts will count towards your post total!)

Thank you for being so accommodating. emotion_facepalm I look forward to it as well.

Aw, well. You're always making time to come see me at the shop. It's the least I can do!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff