Welcome to Gaia! ::

As of Black Friday 2014, Xbox One is being bundled with Assassins Creed Unity and Assassins Creed Black Flag for $330.
I'm certain I do want to play both of those games, and I would like to play other games such as Far Cry 4 and Dragon Age Inquisition when they drop in price.
I'm pretty patient when it comes to waiting for consoles and videogames to drop in price before purchasing them, and I originally had no intent on buying either Xbox One or PS4 until their prices were much lower.
Seeing Gamestop's Black Friday Deal as well as rumors of an Xbox One Slim coming out in 2015 has got me wondering whether it would be best to wait until a slim version comes out. Waiting is not an issue for me, but I want to get the best deal possible.

So the question is, why should I not do this?
I'm pretty much sold on this Black Friday Xbox One deal but I'd like to make sure I'm making a wise purchase.
Please play devil's advocate and try to convince me why it would be better to wait a year or two rather than take advantage of the Black Friday deal?

Kawaii Shoujo

My opinion is that you should wait until Black Friday is over before getting a console, truthfully it's because of how violent people get when shopping on Black Friday, usually they will sell only a limited amount during that time, and it's most certainly not worth the pain of going through to purchase a console.
fairy-phoenix
My opinion is that you should wait until Black Friday is over before getting a console, truthfully it's because of how violent people get when shopping on Black Friday, usually they will sell only a limited amount during that time, and it's most certainly not worth the pain of going through to purchase a console.

A friend of mine works at the Gamestop in my area and promised to reserve one for me to pick up on Black Friday. It's also not a very busy Gamestop so it shouldn't be too bad.
Otherwise I would totally agree with you, but given the circumstances it seems like this deal is too good to pass up. Based on the rate at which the 360 dropped in price and the rate at which the Xbox One is currently dropping in price, and also considering the fact that this bundle comes with roughly $100 worth of games for free, I don't foresee another deal this good coming up anytime soon.

Dapper Shade

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
This bundle is usually $350....
You're saving TWENTY DOLLARS.
No, it isn't ******** worth it.
TheRedViperofDorne

I believe the console is normally $400. The $50 price drop is for the holiday season, then the $20 price drop is for Black Friday, so ultimately I'd be saving $70 all together.
It's not much more than the regular Xbox One holiday price, but I plan to get an Xbox One eventually anyway and I'd wager that $330 +2 free games is one of the best deals we're gonna see on the Xbox One for a while. Subtract the normal price of the games from the bundle and the console alone ends up costing me only $230. A new Xbox 360 Elite currently costs roughly $250 and that's even after being available for 7 years. Basically, a brand new Xbox One would ends up costing less than a brand new 360.

Dapper Shade

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
Spike_Flair
TheRedViperofDorne

I believe the console is normally $400. The $50 price drop is for the holiday season, then the $20 price drop is for Black Friday, so ultimately I'd be saving $70 all together.
It's not much more than the regular Xbox One holiday price, but I plan to get an Xbox One eventually anyway and I'd wager that $330 +2 free games is one of the best deals we're gonna see on the Xbox One for a while. Subtract the normal price of the games from the bundle and the console alone ends up costing me only $230. A new Xbox 360 Elite currently costs roughly $250 and that's even after being available for 7 years. Basically, a brand new Xbox One would ends up costing less than a brand new 360.

The holiday season doesn't end after Black Friday. You're saving $20.
You're also getting a last gen port of a game AND a terribly broken game.

The best deal on the xb1 is easily the CoD AW one.
TheRedViperofDorne
Spike_Flair
TheRedViperofDorne

Saving $20 is still saving money. If the best foreseeable deal within the next few years is a $20 decrease with two games I'm interested in, then so be it.
As for the games, I was already planning to get Black Flag, and all of Unity's issues are easily fixable and, from what I've heard, hardly detract from the core game. Point is, the games aren't the issue for me.

Also, if you're referring to the limited edition AW Xbox One, that's around $450 and comes with only one game, one that I'm really not interested in. How is that a better deal?

Dapper Shade

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
Spike_Flair
TheRedViperofDorne
Spike_Flair
TheRedViperofDorne

Saving $20 is still saving money. If the best foreseeable deal within the next few years is a $20 decrease with two games I'm interested in, then so be it.
As for the games, I was already planning to get Black Flag, and all of Unity's issues are easily fixable and, from what I've heard, hardly detract from the core game. Point is, the games aren't the issue for me.

Also, if you're referring to the limited edition AW Xbox One, that's around $450 and comes with only one game, one that I'm really not interested in. How is that a better deal?

It has twice the memory. And when most game downloads are 25GB or more along with updates exceeding 2GB? That extra 500GB is worth it.
Also considering you only get about 382GB that you can actually store s**t on with a regular 500GB system. So again.... it's not worth saving $20. Unless you're ******** stupid, which I'm getting that vibe here.
TheRedViperofDorne
Spike_Flair
TheRedViperofDorne
Spike_Flair
TheRedViperofDorne

It has twice the memory. And when most game downloads are 25GB or more along with updates exceeding 2GB? That extra 500GB is worth it.
Also considering you only get about 382GB that you can actually store s**t on with a regular 500GB system. So again.... it's not worth saving $20. Unless you're ******** stupid, which I'm getting that vibe here.

Fortunately I don't like most modern games so I'll probably only ever own maybe a handful of games for the Xbox One. From what I've read online it seems like most people claim 500gb is good for roughly a dozen games, and if I ever need more I'll just get an external hard drive.
Unfortunately though it seems like you've decided to express yourself as the immature child you are by stroking what appears to be a clearly over-inflated ego against me. Would you like to get anymore of your childish angst out toward me before I block you from this conversation? If so, do it now and move along so the adults here can talk in peace.

Chamelonphage's Fangirl

Floppy Member

I have a friend who bought the CoD xbox one solely for its resale value

He doesn't like CoD games so he sold the download code on ebay, and someone paid full price for it... they could've saved money by just going to their local gamestop or even ordering off of amazon those silly billies

ANYWAY my point is is if you keep those consoles in pretty good condition, someone is gonna pay way overpriced for it

If your someone who has no issue waiting then it might be your best bet to go ahead and grab one of the fancy consoles and selling it later down the road for a little profit
Shmoochies
I have a friend who bought the CoD xbox one solely for its resale value

He doesn't like CoD games so he sold the download code on ebay, and someone paid full price for it... they could've saved money by just going to their local gamestop or even ordering off of amazon those silly billies

ANYWAY my point is is if you keep those consoles in pretty good condition, someone is gonna pay way overpriced for it

If your someone who has no issue waiting then it might be your best bet to go ahead and grab one of the fancy consoles and selling it later down the road for a little profit

Well I'm interested in actually owning the console and playing those two games it comes with.
I saw a lot of deals for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. I wish I had the money for one of them right now because I see Black Friday as good opportunity to buy products when the price is lower than the original price.

No, you should not wait. Go get the Xbox One for $330 dollars before other people do! emotion_donotwant

11,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
I think you should wait a year or two. xbox one will be around $300 by then. Also there will most likely be an even better black friday bundle next year. I always buy consoles around 2 to 3 years after they are released.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff