Welcome to Gaia! ::

Adventuring Cat

tokkitoria
User Image This wouldn't be the first time they upped the limit would it? I feel like they upped it before. I don't see why not as long as it isn't by too much. Do we have an option to disable signatures in the forums if you have a slow connection? I can't remember.

I'm not entirely sure but I think that when Gaia first started there was no limit. And the limit was introduced because people were having trouble loading pages.

You can disable signatures by going to My Gaia>Account Preferences, then scroll down to where it says Images. You can uncheck the box that allows user sigs to be shown.
yeah this limit is seriously outdated and needs to be upgraded

Wind-up Waffles

I wouldn't have trouble loading pages with huge sigs, but they'd be annoying and an eyesore. Personally I don't understand why YouTube videos, cars, etc. are even allowed.

100kb, 500x500 px is plenty. Anything more belongs in your profile.

Relentless Glitch

Bell Kirby
Trii-House
Bell Kirby
On my computer, things are lightning speed. On my phone... it's a slow crawl.
Your phone shows signatures?

Yep it does. Is it not supposed to?
I turn on My Gaia-->Gaia Labs--> Gaia Forum Lite if my connection speed is like a turtle.

Beloved Spook

50,350 Points
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Haunter 250
  • The Edgiest 250
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
Maybe they will make it a lil' bigger one of these days.

I remember once I was in the test forum, testing my signature's size limit & got warned for it.
I was like...wtf? I thought that was the point of the test thread & I even stated in the thread title what I was doing.
Still got in trouble for it.

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
tokkitoria
User Image This wouldn't be the first time they upped the limit would it? I feel like they upped it before. I don't see why not as long as it isn't by too much. Do we have an option to disable signatures in the forums if you have a slow connection? I can't remember.

Two ways. One in your account settings disables all signatures. And if you have the BetterGaia extension you can hide individual sigs.

Cluttered Gaian

32,525 Points
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
I've never understood the point of large signatures. They're pretty annoying, in my opinion. I feel like if they upped it then people would still complain, and with all the big signs and pictures and stuff people seem to like putting in their sigs it gets really cluttered in forums.

Super Regular

Kitn Lefure
I've never understood the point of large signatures. They're pretty annoying, in my opinion. I feel like if they upped it then people would still complain, and with all the big signs and pictures and stuff people seem to like putting in their sigs it gets really cluttered in forums.
I'm not asking for bigger images, no.
Just longer than half a second of a gif

Cluttered Gaian

32,525 Points
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
Trii-House
Kitn Lefure
I'm not asking for bigger images, no.
Just longer than half a second of a gif

Just put the gif on your profile, or add a link to it's location in Photobucket or whatever you use to your sig. Signatures shouldn't have tons of moving and flashy images and stuff - it's a signature, not a whole post in itself.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff