The Techno King
See a therapist. You need medication.

I am on medication. I take celestra for depression

Vicious Kitten

18,290 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bidding War 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
its either that or this wave that hits hard and you dont want to do anything but lay and think about how you wish to do things

Naughty Moonwalker

Just Kendra
yes. as I too suffer from anxiety/panic attacks.

Any suggestions on how to handle it. I normally wind up crying it out and freaking out my mom and dad to make sure their OK.

Naughty Moonwalker

Little Tasmanian
its either that or this wave that hits hard and you dont want to do anything but lay and think about how you wish to do things

I get that too
Yeah, it could be anxiety if it's for no reason. I would see a therapist sad

Tipsy Sex Symbol

akiflower
Just Kendra

Any suggestions on how to handle it. I normally wind up crying it out and freaking out my mom and dad to make sure their OK.
Its important to know that your body can physically only have a panic attack for 20 minutes tops, so knowing that it will have to end soon will help.
Keeping your mind busy is always a good option, over thinking or letting your mind wonder will almost always trigger an attack.
Just remember that your heart is beating fast because you are anxious and not because you're about to die. Your body is burning up because your heart is pumping, not because you are going to die.
Change where you're at. If you're inside, go outside.
Take deep breathes and balance out your carbon monoxide/oxygen levels by breathing into a paper bag.
akiflower
The Techno King
See a therapist. You need medication.

I am on medication. I take celestra for depression

That's nice, celestra doesn't help with anxiety. You need valium or xanax.

Ruthless Codger

rnaribelle
The Vic Viper
User Image

Yeah,
but I'm pretty sure that's commonplace with my mental disorder.

what is it called?

User Image

I have bipolar.

Nine-tailed Fox

18,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Summer Pride 100
The Vic Viper
rnaribelle
The Vic Viper
User Image

Yeah,
but I'm pretty sure that's commonplace with my mental disorder.

what is it called?

User Image

I have bipolar.

hey
thats my diagnosis as well
i take abilify to help deal w/ it so it's nbd

Ruthless Codger

rnaribelle
hey

User Image

I've never tried abilify.

I have had depakote, though, which just really ******** me up in a bad way.
And I've also been on prozac and some kind of mood stabilizer that I forget the name of. But I didn't like that med combo because it kills all my inspiration to draw.

Right now I'm just managing it through knowing what freaks me out, knowing how to avoid it, and occasionally a cigarette.

Nine-tailed Fox

18,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Summer Pride 100
The Vic Viper
rnaribelle
hey

User Image

I've never tried abilify.

I have had depakote, though, which just really ******** me up in a bad way.
And I've also been on prozac and some kind of mood stabilizer that I forget the name of. But I didn't like that med combo because it kills all my inspiration to draw.

Right now I'm just managing it through knowing what freaks me out, knowing how to avoid it, and occasionally a cigarette.

stay away from epival no matter what the ******** you do
its poison, made me gain like 30 pounds
i lost it eventually, thank goodness

Naughty Moonwalker

Just Kendra
akiflower
Just Kendra

Its important to know that your body can physically only have a panic attack for 20 minutes tops, so knowing that it will have to end soon will help.
Keeping your mind busy is always a good option, over thinking or letting your mind wonder will almost always trigger an attack.
Just remember that your heart is beating fast because you are anxious and not because you're about to die. Your body is burning up because your heart is pumping, not because you are going to die.
Change where you're at. If you're inside, go outside.
Take deep breathes and balance out your carbon monoxide/oxygen levels by breathing into a paper bag.

That's actually really helpful. Thank you.

Ruthless Codger

rnaribelle
stay away from epival no matter what the ******** you do
its poison, made me gain like 30 pounds
i lost it eventually, thank goodness

User Image

That sounds kind of like how depakote was for me.
It made me gain a lot of weight, it made me lose a s**t ton of hair, and it's actually worse for your liver than alcohol is I believe.

The second time I got put on it (first time I was in highschool, second time I was like 23), the doctor put me on 1000mgs and I could not sleep for an entire week. I was having hallucinations, cold sweats, palpitations, throwing up, and just generally felt like I was going to die.
And then he wanted me to up my dose to 2000mgs after a week.
I was just like "No. ******** no." and dropped the s**t and got a new doctor, entirely.

Distinct Genius

I generally get panic attacks for different stuff, but I do get feelings like that often. I don't cry anymore though, I just deal with it and make sure the doors are locked.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff