Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Always nice to hear your story again. I wish the rest of the community realized what made the glitch infested MMO so great was the close-knit community zOMG! had and laughing when glitches hit ourselves and friends sending us flying into walls. I made so many friendships through the game and so happy to have met both Ash and you in the game. With zOMG! gone, I feel the timing is right for myself to leave the site. It's just hard to view the zOMG! maps in Towns 2 as a new home with the outdated chat system and lack of pathfinding and the wacky zoom of the areas. On the bright side, Mavdoc will continue to hold his meats every week. I think it's comforting to know at least part of the community will remain even if the game does not. I doubt Gaia will create another MMO for the homeless zOMGaians considering any feature has put in the back burner in favor of the cash shop. I hope that both Ash and you will continue to enjoy the site anyway you can. Have fun growing your family. I'll be on Skype if ever you want to bug me. smile

Sexy Exhibitionist

13,125 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Gender Swap 100
At least you and your now wife got to play together. My boyfriend of almost two years, and myself always said that we needed to play some time because we both loved it and farmed papa saw like no other. But we never got to do it together, always meant to just never did, because we never thought it would be gone. Although I think he and I did crew together at some point in time before we knew each other. When we got together his avatar was very familiar to me, and he never changes his avatar lol

You wanna know the real kicker? He and I went to play zomg for the first time in god knows how long the day AFTER it gets taken down......talk about a slap to the face lol.

~Eva

Anxious Gekko

Lei_Trigar
Viva La Spirit
Dude, Lei, I'm not sure, but I have a sneaking suspicion I may have been there at your wedding..xD Also, I met my boyfriend of three years! Farming Saws. I know exactly what it's like to find love in Zomg. I moved out and went to live with him, before we decided to date, and when I got off that bus, bam we both knew what we had to do. I was looking so forward to coming back to Gaia and getting to farm more saws with him. I had to get my current avi back from lockdown, that's how bad I wanted to go back to where it all started with him. But now, I can't do that, and YOU can't do that. It's sad, we've lost a big stepping stone in our relationships.

It's possible, I'll admit I don't remember everyone in that pic. XD

I'm going to really miss playing the game, but I have amazing memories that will stay, hopefully as long as I'm able to remember, also got a crapton of screenshots as well. XD

XD I can't fully remember, but I have been to quite a few Gaia weddings, and back then from what I remember you and I were purrtty cool. So, possibility may be high.

I am too. You're so lucky though, you got to play it until its dying breath. ;w; <3 I have tons of memories as I well, and a bunch of great screenshots. Including ones of me stuck in scenery! biggrin

halo mom

26,225 Points
  • Stormy the Halo Mom 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Budding Witch 250
I met my now ex (taintedterror) on zomg 3 years ago. 8 months pregnant with my daughter and he fell in love with me fast and hard. It fell apart earlier this year but I still attribute zomg to a love story that managed to last 3 years, countless visits across the country and teaching me things and helping me grow as a person. Sad to see it go and really upset honestly.

Tenacious Hellhound

Lei_Trigar
Lol yep. Going on 3 years now.

Yeah, deep down we knew this would one day happen.. Just didn't want to believe it ya know? Place was our home, we were quite content having it just sit in maintenance mode for the past couple years.

yeah....

It's just one of those things.

I'm sure new memories wait.
In a new, better place.

Lei_Trigar's Wife

Timid Bunny

Ragna the Hell Tutor
Lei_Trigar

Yeah, deep down we knew this would one day happen.. Just didn't want to believe it ya know? Place was our home, we were quite content having it just sit in maintenance mode for the past couple years.

yeah....

In a new, better place.

To quote Lord Sephiroth

"I... will never be a memory"

zOMG! was so much more, I've never seen something made with so much love and it was unique and different and annoying as hell. -shrugs- heh I'm still in denial so screw it, Mama saws dead guys all in!!

Anxious Gekko

Ash_Trigar
Ragna the Hell Tutor
Lei_Trigar

yeah....

In a new, better place.

To quote Lord Sephiroth

"I... will never be a memory"

zOMG! was so much more, I've never seen something made with so much love and it was unique and different and annoying as hell. -shrugs- heh I'm still in denial so screw it, Mama saws dead guys all in!!

WHO NEEDS HEALING?! I GOTTA CL10 WISH AND DEFIB READY FULL CHARGE!! xD

Original Survivor

nintendo_guy
Lei_Trigar
Long story ahead!!

[Trimmed]

I feel this has been in the works for years.. Slowly but surely finding a way to get rid of the game. For some reason, they hate the game. Could be because it doesn't generate revenue, who knows. Once they fired ALL the devs who knew anything about the game pretty much sealed the deal that it was going to go eventually. I knew this would happen, just didn't want to believe it. The game was fine in maintenance mode and I also believe this 'critical' problem was just an excuse to let us say "Yay! zOMG! is getting attention! Yes! You can take it down and fix it for us!" But they knew the whole time it wasn't coming back, lying to us about it on more then one occasion, but then again, when have they ever kept their word? Pet system we were promised? Battle system we were promised? I can name many, many more but no, they only thing it seems their 'devs' are capable of is what they gave us this Halloween, a horrible, glitched, broken event that was probably the worst this site has ever had, and the best part is, WE PAID FOR IT!! Looking back at the other events that didn't have kickstarters or any of that crap were far better then what they gave us this year, and splitting the 2 team achievements pissed me off as well, especially since there's someone who has both of them and no one is answering me about it.

This place has changed drastically in the past few years, at first we had a guy who had a facebookfetish, force developed facebook games that for the most part failed miserably, its like they make a game, release it, don't update it and they expected it to take off.. Lol its like they didn't know how to make a facebook game. Well, that put Gaia in the red, badly, things were slightly bad before him but not they were in trouble. New guy comes in, our current mastermind, fired nearly everyone INCLUDING the artists, tried to figure out what would be the best way to make cash fast and cheap. Gold gens were a start, it worked despite wreaking the economy, didn't matter to them, they were bringing in money! Next were items, its a known fact that girls mostly use these sites so lets use that to their advantage, release many, many cute items that girls will for some reason HAVE to have them. That worked. So he rehired some of the artist he fired because face it, they need to work, I can guarantee they aren't very happy working for Gaia right now, same with the admins and other staff, they are told what to do and how to do it if not they will get fired. Anyway, with this success of easy cheap money flowing in for the past year I'm more then sure they've taken care of all the debt they've accrued in previous years and now they want to pocket it, we get like 10 announcements a day with Cash Sale this, Limited item that and somehow people still buy it. It's almost been 2 years now so either this new guy will leave with his profits or he gets another 2 year contract signed. If he leaves I hope someone good comes back and brings back zOMG! and updates many more of the features this place desperately needs, like that inventory arranger, I don't care who you are, it does not take 5 years to update something.

(As I type this I get the new Announcement)
I still don't really believe them, they can fix it they just don't want too. It is a matter of money.

Well, that's my story, more or less. Not sure what I can use for spoons.. Perhaps you can share your story here with zOMG! as well! biggrin

Seems about right Gaia's current staff has no idea what their doing. Their reason is just an excuse to close down the game and after saying it was only going down for maintenance too. Another thing is the Halloween event was horrible like no effort was even put into it they didn't even make an effort to communicate. Even after the event finally added they kept spamming cash shop "sales" and wasn't till about 6 hours and 4 cash shop ads later that we finally got an announcement about the event

Let's also not forget how pushy they've been getting worse with their cash shop spam lately which is trying to pressure Gaia's into buying cash. Like I've mentioned they've been spamming their cash shop ads nonstop some they've even spammed multiple times such as these:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/community-announcements/golden-pumpking-is-back-and-40-off-for-a-limited-time-only/t.94631907/

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/community-announcements/golden-pumpking-is-back-for-a-limited-time-only/t.94646067/

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/community-announcements/celebrate-with-golden-pumpking-available-for-a-limited-time/t.94671857/

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/community-announcements/golden-pumpking-is-back-and-30-off-for-a-limited-time-only/t.94669157/

Ah, that cash spam. It literally is spam. stare And there's nothing we can do about it! gonk

Don't even get me on that Halloween event they gave us, they ripped apart Uncle Kenny's awesome one and turned it into that glitchy buggy mess. The one Uncle Kenny had was much better till they ruined it by messing with the regen rates and adding those pay-to-win items. The one thing I liked about that battle system is the animation of the attacks, reminded me of zOMG!'s Hunter's Bow and Fire Rain Rings. And I suppose I like how you didn't insanely spam the forums with all those crazy attack/heal posts.

Original Survivor

nintendo_guy
Lei_Trigar
nmyhv1
Well, it's really sweet how you got together.
I really do have a small hope in my heart that zOMG had an issue, it helps me to cope with it. (Even though this is probably an excuse)

3nodding

The game had many issues, but I don't think it truly was the reasons they say they are, Gaia has a amazing reputation of being quite the liars haha.

Exactly. Ever since 2013 Gaia has been getting greedier and greedier. This Halloween they didn't even try and yet they spammed cash shop ads like they thought they were entitled to everyone's money.

As I said earlier it is painfully obvious thats all they want from us, should've known this was going to happen. Very shortly after the new CEO they said they were going to focus more on the site as a whole (even though they lied when they made that now fail of a site, Tentcl). Didn't know he meant to exploit users ability to want pointless pixels, you know, the lab rat theory. They also told us NOTHING would be getting updated unless it would make them money.

Our only hope is when this guy's contract is up that he moves on and a better guy takes his place, though not likely will happen, the newer guy will see how much profit this guy has made and will probably stay on the same path..

I often wonder what the admins, devs, and artists truly feel about how the site has changed. They are probably forced to smile and be all happy-go-lucky with us but I'm sure deep down they are ashamed about what has happened to this place, that is if they really care about it, I'm sure some don't care and just see this place as a job and a pay-check.

Kinda what happened to my previous job, new CEO took over and literally took ALL the employee benefits from us within 2 years, I stopped caring and only did the minimum (which was still a lot more then other people could produce) and the managers HATED me for that, they knew I could do better but legally couldn't do anything about it as I was doing my job, then even pulled me to the side telling me I wasn't and when I asked what I wasn't doing they couldn't even answer, it was so hilarious! Either way, I had to obviously quit that job when I moved, they didn't even throw me a goodbye party or even a 10 year anniversary thing, my last day there was my 10th year there. When the other employees found out they were pissed and they decided to throw me a party.

Only reason I stayed at the shitty place for so long was because I was making a lot of money, a lot more then the mangers which they also hated with a passion. I got a deal made before the company turned to s**t.

Yay more ranting~ xd

Original Survivor

Salathielly
Lei_Trigar
Salathielly
Thank you for sharing your story and your memories, and congrats to you and your wife for getting together. :3 Even though you can't play zOMG! any longer, hopefully you'll be able to do lots of fun things together on Gaia and elsewhere.

You're welcome, thank you for actually reading that mess, looking over it I can see many typos and other things I forgot to mention but it was midnight and my emotions were like blaaaaaaah all over the place. I'm good now, no point staying to depressed about it, I knew one day they would find a reason (whether it be a lie or not) to get rid of the game..

Not sure what else we can to together.. I still have my Alchemy and my rather annoying Achievement record, once they can only thing left will be the Achievements and I'm not sure that'll be enough to stay, and they've already technically messed them up by making us pay for them instead of actually earning them.. Even with the horribly broken Halloween ones we 'still' had to throw gold as the kickstarter to get them in the event, and they even cut us short 2! It's like.. So many lies and broken promises, do they really expect to just roll over and listen to them every time?

No problem - I like reading, and I'd rather read people's memories of the game than complaining and cursing (though all are valid reactions to a beloved game being taken down, and I don't really blame anyone for posting what they have - just because I personally wasn't as emotionally involved in the game doesn't make it any less heartbreaking for another person).

Yeah...I do wish they'd quit making us pay for achievements. Those don't really represent an "achievement" per se save for "I have a lot of gold" or "I had to sell my entire inventory to get this much gold." Kudos to you for keeping up with them, as I've never hit the 150bil ones. I had to send in a ticket to get awarded a couple of achievements from Halloween due to the glitches. I hope the next achievements they roll out represent actual accomplishments on the site and aren't so buggy, and I also hope you'll find other aspects of the site that encourage you to stay.

Sorry for the rather late reply, got a lot going on and all~ sweatdrop

Exactly! I know there are those who dodn't give to shits about the game but that does NOT give them the right to insult/bash those who have an emotional connection with the game.

I have a feeling another kickstarter will show up soon, as soon as the flames from all this stuff going on dies down.. Surprised they have a brain to know that doing a kickstarter now would most likely fail because of the joke that Halloween event was, and with zOMG! and that other site closing.. Now isn't a good time to do it, though they sure do still throw those Cash announcements at us without fail. stare

Original Survivor

Death and Candy
Aw, that's such a sweet story! I wish both you and your wife the best. 4laugh

I'm going to miss zOMG! a lot. I suffer from a bad case of social anxiety and it was the only game I can think of where I felt brave enough to join groups of random strangers as their healer, which is a shame because I love playing as a support party member. I got to team up with so many cool people!

Thank you! heart

I've met a lot of awesome people in that game, most aren't really around anymore, pretty sure out of the 1200+ people in my friends list only about 100 or less are actually active.. I don't like deleting people. emo

Original Survivor

Leeriel
Nice story...zOMG before was one of the reasons that kept me logging in here. So awesome you found love here.XD

Ikr!? I wasn't even looking for it! But things just happen. I suppose my only regret is not getting all my Rings to CL12, getting all the Kam Recipes for my collection, and getting that Abuse Ring. Oh, and missing out on the old Goof Ball and Fountain games, I never got those badges, wasn't into getting them all at the time, by the time I was they were removed from the game. crying
Other then that I don't regret a thing I did in that game.

Original Survivor

Runeis
I can say I honestly remember walking past you guys doing that mostly because I was farming and someone said shhh they are having a wedding so I walked off. :3

That's awesome! I'm always happy to see that people from back then are still lurking around this place. ninja

Original Survivor

Maternal Muffin
WOW.
What an amazing story! heart
"It's over 9000!"

Thank you! heart

I wonder if the amount of Cash Announcements they've made in the past year or so is OVER 9000!

Hmm.. about 10 per day.. 365 days.. at least 3500 a year.. going on 2 years... nope not yet, but if they keep at this rate they'll hit it by next year!! emotion_awesome
Beautiful emotion_kirakira
I'm glad and surprised to see GCD hasn't down-voted it for being ?out of place? anecdotal or whatever lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff