Welcome to Gaia! ::

anyone has suggestions?

I'm 5'3, ~105 pounds, i don't wanna lose weight or gain some, i just want to get my skin tighter. Not sure where to start pr what to do. I really need some motivation, not like my body looks bad or anything but i really wanna get into it and move more. Stretching are welcome too, i'll take any advices or tips smile thx <3
In my experience, motivation really only lasts if it's internally generated--which can be difficult to achieve in the first place.

Maybe yoga. There are ton of different versions and programs. Try to find one that doesn't seem like a chore. I'm not sure what you mean by getting your skin tighter, though.
I'll share with you my personal weight loss program, but this is something that I'm comfortable with, ok? If it doesnt suit you, then you must stop and try other techniques.

Breakfast: Just cereal. I advice oats, to make you digest your food intake for the whole day faster.

Brunch: carbs, protein and veggies here. just the right amount. not to full, but not starved. drink a glass of water first.

During lunchtime, I walk around the office, go up and down the stairs, etc. for about 30 minutes.

Snack: Anything light. Avoid sweets. Good thing I dont have sweet tooth. I dont even like sodas. Just juices.

Dinner: just half of whatever you used to have. if you used to eat a plateful of pasta, go for just half a plate.

I exercise (hiphop abs) 4x a week for 45 minutes.

I lost 18lbs in less than 2 months. Don't look for the quick result, dont starve yourself and dont over-exercise.coz you'll just gain back the weight easily. Gradual weight loss stays wink
Carol2399
I'll share with you my personal weight loss program, but this is something that I'm comfortable with, ok? If it doesnt suit you, then you must stop and try other techniques.

Breakfast: Just cereal. I advice oats, to make you digest your food intake for the whole day faster.

Brunch: carbs, protein and veggies here. just the right amount. not to full, but not starved. drink a glass of water first.

During lunchtime, I walk around the office, go up and down the stairs, etc. for about 30 minutes.

Snack: Anything light. Avoid sweets. Good thing I dont have sweet tooth. I dont even like sodas. Just juices.

Dinner: just half of whatever you used to have. if you used to eat a plateful of pasta, go for just half a plate.

I exercise (hiphop abs) 4x a week for 45 minutes.

I lost 18lbs in less than 2 months. Don't look for the quick result, dont starve yourself and dont over-exercise.coz you'll just gain back the weight easily. Gradual weight loss stays wink

Ill defently give it a shot. I will take your program and try it for a while and if it doesnt suit me i will change some part of it to make it better for me. Thx a lot i really appreiate it :3
Indigo Night-Sky
In my experience, motivation really only lasts if it's internally generated--which can be difficult to achieve in the first place.

Maybe yoga. There are ton of different versions and programs. Try to find one that doesn't seem like a chore. I'm not sure what you mean by getting your skin tighter, though.

What i mean by geting my skin tighter i mean get it toned. I'm not fat but could defently get my body more define than what it is right now. I wanna look healthy and be in shape i don't wanna be a twig but i dont wanna look like a lady with tones of muscles cuz that looks really ugly to me. I want something in between kinda
Oh, okay. Under most circumstances, women cannot develop muscles that look like what men can develop. You would need an excess of testosterone i.e. be taking steroids. My personal weight lifting program was chin-ups, bench press, dips, rows, squats. It takes a very, very, very, very long time to "get big." As a man, you'll have to eat protein in excess and train regularly for year(s). Whatever you do, most people recommend to perform exercises that require the use of as many muscle groups as possible. I was in a weight training class with a couple of girls. I saw more than a few girls lift for a year without developing bulging muscles. Once again, you will have to take drugs and eat a lot to achieve that.

Muscle tone is more about the fat to muscle mass ratio. You could be super duper strong, but you if have a layer of fat, it will never look like you're "tone." That work is mostly done in the kitchen. If you do strength training, you will have that muscle mass to fill out your arms (in a healthy, attractive manner) if you do lose a little bit of fat so you won't look like a twig.

These are women who work out really, really hard. Most of these women are not bulging with muscles, the ones that are (bodybuilding) takes supplements to achieve that look. No matter how hard you try, you'll probably never look like that.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1470673/original.jpg

600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
ChemicalSugar
Indigo Night-Sky

What i mean by geting my skin tighter i mean get it toned. I'm not fat but could defently get my body more define than what it is right now. I wanna look healthy and be in shape i don't wanna be a twig but i dont wanna look like a lady with tones of muscles cuz that looks really ugly to me. I want something in between kinda

Hi, ChemicalSugar.

I must say that most of being "toned" will consist of a healthy diet. Eating lean proteins, veggies, and complex carbs are huge steps to getting the type of body you are describing. Try and stay away from pork or beef as much as possible, since that'll fatten you up.

As for exercising, you want to do light weight exercises with lots of repetitions. This is obviously the opposite of trying to build bigger muscles. With building bigger muscles, you would be lifting heavier weights with lesser reps.

Running, modified pushups, leg lifts, and squats are all good ways to tone your body since you're just using your body weight. Kickboxing circuits are also a good form of exercise. Just stay away from lifting heavy weights and eating fast food.

Check out the "Lean Machines" on youtube and they have lots of exercises that only use body weight and are great for toning.

Hopefully this helps!
ninjaboyjeff
ChemicalSugar
Indigo Night-Sky

Hi, ChemicalSugar.

I must say that most of being "toned" will consist of a healthy diet. Eating lean proteins, veggies, and complex carbs are huge steps to getting the type of body you are describing. Try and stay away from pork or beef as much as possible, since that'll fatten you up.

As for exercising, you want to do light weight exercises with lots of repetitions. This is obviously the opposite of trying to build bigger muscles. With building bigger muscles, you would be lifting heavier weights with lesser reps.

Running, modified pushups, leg lifts, and squats are all good ways to tone your body since you're just using your body weight. Kickboxing circuits are also a good form of exercise. Just stay away from lifting heavy weights and eating fast food.

Check out the "Lean Machines" on youtube and they have lots of exercises that only use body weight and are great for toning.

Hopefully this helps!

Thx smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas