Welcome to Gaia! ::

ABC Special Report is now reporting it. They're saying it's possible it could be the terrorist group ISIS.
We don't know if it was ISIS yet. Anyone saying it is is presumptive sensationalizing. Let the RCMP do their job, and wait for them to tell us what's going on.

Kawaii Shoujo

What I wanna know is how they actually managed to get guns in the first place? Our laws on guns are super strict.

Shy Browser

11,900 Points
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Citizen 200
fairy-phoenix
What I wanna know is how they actually managed to get guns in the first place? Our laws on guns are super strict.

Not everyone follows the laws even if they are very strict. It is sad that someone innocent was killed.

Familiar Smoker

Already a thread on this.

And this is the first I'm hearing of an ISIL connection, sounds like paranoia to me.

olive buffet's Datemate

2 months ago i lived a 15 minute walk from that War Memorial

But on bus to work today, I see the Metro which says, "Canada send ppl to fight ISIS", then half an hour this shooting goes down.

Profitable Entrepreneur

6,300 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
fairy-phoenix
Obviously Canada needs to restrict firearms even more, then. You in the north are apparently too free in regards to these vile instruments of death. rolleyes

olive buffet's Datemate

So apparently the Your Independent Grocer a 7 minute walk from Parliament was forcing their employees to work while the rest of the area was in lockdown.

I hope Ministry of Labour goes and fines them.

High-functioning Detective

At time it wasn't anyone who was really informed.

It was all speculation. We were given no information... we were just given speculations.

Stephen Harper's speech didn't tell us anything that we weren't already thinking. It was simply condolences and thanks for everyone that helped (it was an okay speech, just didn't provide with any information that we didn't already know.)

Don't jump to conclusions about ISIS. No one really knows what happened yet.

High-functioning Detective

fairy-phoenix

It's not like its unheard of. Smuggling is possible. Stealing is also possible. It is likely since the shooter had a criminal background that he wasn't able to buy one legally but that doesn't mean it's not possible to get one via other means, I'm sure.

Omnipresent Warlord

Patton
fairy-phoenix
Obviously Canada needs to restrict firearms even more, then. You in the north are apparently too free in regards to these vile instruments of death. rolleyes

The United States' intentional homicide rate is 4.7. Canada's is 1.6

Profitable Entrepreneur

6,300 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
Omnileech
Patton
fairy-phoenix

Exactly, the rate in Canada is obviously much too high considering their strict laws. There need to be stricter laws. They need to pass newer, more expansive gun control laws, as proven by this new incident. If it saves just one life...

Tenacious Genius

4,650 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Hygienic 200
Patton
Omnileech
Patton
fairy-phoenix

Exactly, the rate in Canada is obviously much too high considering their strict laws. There need to be stricter laws. They need to pass newer, more expansive gun control laws, as proven by this new incident. If it saves just one life...
Wow, way to use a tragic incident to make a cheap sarcastic shot about something that hasn't even been mentioned.
Patton
Omnileech
Patton
fairy-phoenix

Hi. Canadian here.

I just want to thank you for being a complete ******** c**t and using an attack on the heart of our nation to push your political agenda, while Cpl. Nathan Cirillo's body is still warm.

We need more bags of douche like you in the world, sir or madame.

Is it physically painful to be such a c**t?
fairy-phoenix
70% of guns recovered in crime are smuggled from the US, where its super easy to get legal guns and smuggle them.

So to answer your question, we pay the price because American gun laws are trash.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff