Welcome to Gaia! ::

Writer

Hi there,

Haircuts have gold values and corresponding Gaia Cash values that do not correlate very well. For example, Guy's Scruffy Creamy Blonde costs 300k or 5000 Gaia Cash.

300,000 Gaia Gold can be gotten in one morning by going through Daily Chance, or by sending one friend an email Gaia referral; 5000 Gaia Cash is fifty dollars, and not nearly as easy to get. While not every haircut available is THIS skewed, I think most if not all of them are worth it for the gold you pay, but not for the Gaia Cash you pay.

I would recommend removing the Gaia Cash option from haircuts in its entirety. If it is kept at all, I would recommend drastically slashing all Gaia Cash prices for haircuts to accurately reflect the Gaia Gold price variants.

Thank you for reading my feedback.

Alcopops's Pardner

Bloodthirsty Bunny

33,440 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Miasmal Researcher 200
This is not only apparent in Salon Durem, but every shop. You can buy any gold shop item with Gaia Cash, and there used to be a gold-to-cash ratio that made sense, but since the inflation, it seems incredibly ridiculous. The new gold shop update has items that are 800 GC to buy, give or take. It's obviously not worth it.

I personally think they should remove GC options from gold shops completely, but that's just me really.

edit: it depends in some shops, but it does get ridiculous. The most expensive item in H&R which is a little over 6 million gold is 2045 GC.

Writer

Magically Clueless
This is not only apparent in Salon Durem, but every shop. You can buy any gold shop item with Gaia Cash, and there used to be a gold-to-cash ratio that made sense, but since the inflation, it seems incredibly ridiculous. The new gold shop update has items that are 800 GC to buy, give or take. It's obviously not worth it.

I personally think they should remove GC options from gold shops completely, but that's just me really.

I didn't know that, my apologies.

Not sure whether to edit the thread or just leave it. I've had every Gold Shop item I really wanted since before the inflation.

Alcopops's Pardner

Bloodthirsty Bunny

33,440 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Miasmal Researcher 200
Serenicus
Magically Clueless

I didn't know that, my apologies.

Not sure whether to edit the thread or just leave it. I've had every Gold Shop item I really wanted since before the inflation.

haha, no apologies needed :33 this is something that should be brought to attention. There is no greater ripoff than buying an item that's dirt cheap in gold but really expensive in cash.

Perfect Borg

10,350 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Nerd 50
  • Vicious Spirit 250
I have a similar thread to this one. I really hope that this issue gets some attention along with many others that have arisen due to the rising prices. Things need to remain balanced if Gaia plans on keeping inflation this obscurely high. Things like gold prices, GC in gold shop prices, game payouts, browsing payouts, forum post payouts, etc.

My Similar Thread

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces