Welcome to Gaia! ::

Loyal Bookworm

12,400 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Bookworm 100
User Image

Erin glanced over at the server as he took her drink order before handing them the menus. She took the one Shuck moved towards her, thanking him, before opening it up, and looking at the options that was there. As she looked, she peered over her menu as Shuck spoke to her, wanting to ask her a question.

"Go ahead and ask, Shuck. Whatever the question is, you'll receive an answer from me, even if I won't go into detail with what you wish to inquire," she informed softly with a small smile. She listened to his question, and her eyes widened in surprise. She certainly hadn't expected that. But then again, there were many ways and contexts the questions was being stated as. She lowered her menu, looking straight at the male.

"There's nothing in the company's rules and regulations forbidding me to be social with people from work as friends, or whenever I decide become romantically involved with someone, inside or outside the company. And my job doesn't hinder me from doing any of those things. I just happen not to partake on being around others often outside of work. I'm a bit of a recluse a fair amount of the time," she answered honestly with a shrug. She wasn't going to beat around the bush on the subject. There was no point to it as she preferred being straightforward with people right off the bat. When the server returned with her drink, and ready to take her's and Shuck's orders, she gave him her order of beef pot roast that would be accompanied by onions, carrots, and potatoes, and a small house salad to go along with it. Erin looked over to Shuck as he read some pieces of paper before thinking of something.

"What made you bring this up, if you don't mind my asking?" she inquired curiously, head tilted and green eyes staring at Shuck inquisitive innocence.

Company: Shuck
Thoughts/Emotions: Curious
Current Outfit: Casual off work outfit
OOC:

Devoted Poster

8,825 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Dressed Up 200

User Image

Enjoying his drink after he gave his order of a cheeseburger with the works, with extra fries. Watching the sever leave, he sighed heavily and leaned back in the seat. Letting his mind think about the little notes and it wasn't until she spoke directly to him that he snapped out of his thoughts to completely focus on what she was saying. Though he heard her so called reasoning before about being single, he couldn't take it to heart at the same time. Then again when he remembered back to the file, it did point to her telling the truth. She wasn't one to get out much, something about that bothering him in it's own way. Then again he also knew he shouldn't talk much, he didn't much care for social activities that involved more then a few people and wasn't in some way related to a gun or weapon of some kind. Shrugging it off, he debated his answer a bit longer before he decided what exactly he should reply with.

Taking in a deep breath, he held it for a moment before releasing it and speaking calmly. "Well to be completely honest with you Miss Erin, being stuck on a ship with people you are not aloud to fraternize with is troublesome to say the least. So when someone has the freedom to date and chooses not to, it confuses me greatly." It wasn't his completely honesty as part of him wanted to continue speaking, but he knew hitting on a woman he just met that day would surely be unacceptable. Even more so, it was clear she didn't seem to have any interest in being with another human most days, let a lone with a man. Shifting in his seat to lean forward, he picked up his drink and swirled it a few times before downing it completely. "Also, a beauty like yourself shouldn't be left to be lonely, by choice or not. It is a waste of it really, for you not only because of your beauty but also because your on of the few anymore who actually have a brain." Shrugging off his words, he snapped his fingers and signaled for another drink to be brought over.

Loyal Bookworm

12,400 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Bookworm 100
User Image

Erin sipped on her drink, listening to Shuck order his food. There was a couple moments of silence before she listened to him speak. The brunette took in his words about him being confused about those who have the opportunity to date. Though his next comment surprised her, and brought color to her cheeks. She glanced down at the table for a moment before looking back up at Shuck with a small, shy smile.

"Thanks. There are some reasons for me being a bit... anti-social, though I don't mind being around people." She sipped on her drink again as she saw Shuck snap his fingers for the server to get him another drink before continuing to speak. "I'm more often at home than anything else. I don't mind too much either as I'll play video games, have fun with my pets, make a new software program, build something, stuff like that. I'm not opposed to hanging out with others, though. It's just...a little easier said than done when you're the daughter of the company's CEO." She took another sip of her drink to pause from her talking before looking at Shuck, her smile gone by this time, and a more solemn expression now on her face.

"More often than not, I'm judged by people. From what I've noticed over the years, they typically see three things about me by assumptions: I'm an easy way to get close with my dad to get more money and power for themselves, I'm to be feared because I'm the CEO's daughter and they think I'll act like a childish brat, or because I'm the boss's kid and they think I'm spoiled by him, they hate me for being in a high position. Granted, my dad asked me to work with him, so I can understand that they think I'm getting special treatment, but I didn't start off right away with having a personal lab, and being the head of the tech department. I worked to get it over the three years I've been working there, to be where I'm at now. And because I do hear my co-workers whisper rumors about or I can feel their gaze on me, good and bad, I do tend to...avoid being around them sadly. I'm sure they're great people generally. But because I don't know if they're ever being honest with me on a social level like I am with them when I'm not being cautious, I don't really have many good acquaintances or friends at work." She let out a wry chuckle at the last statement, knowing she was opening herself up more, but honestly, she needed to let out something of what made her feel lonely to a degree. She finished off her drink continued as she continued dictating things about herself.

"Friends...I have very few of them. But for what friends I do have, I can say they've had my back, and are loyal to me. And I do hang out with them when our schedules meet up, or we make days to hang out. I do go on outings on my own, too, like hiking, camping, or having a night on the town. It doesn't occur frequently, but I don't need to go out and party hard like some do at my age. It's just not me." She smiled slightly before looking back up at Shuck/ "As for dating, I would like to do so more. I just never seem to find anyone that I really connect with." Erin shrugged a little. "It is what it is, though. I'm young, and I don't feel like rushing on the matters of romance. I'd rather stay patient until I find someone I can truly be happy with." The green-eyed female smiled a bit more at Shuck.

"So what about you, Shuck? You're a handsome man. How is it a good woman hasn't caught your heart yet, and vice versa?"

Thoughts/Emotions: Flattered/Somber/Curious
OOC: ((Sorry for the monologue ^^;; ))

Devoted Poster

8,825 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Dressed Up 200

User Image

Leaning forward, he watched her carefully as she described her reasons for the life she had chosen. He would admit she was a rather interesting woman in her own right. All the same, he never really understood the reason people feared a CEO's daughter. Perhaps because he never truly worked under one before, merely in this missions where his job was what it truly meant. Shaking it off in his mind, he continued to listen to her. The topic of close friends being brought up, though it was quickly brought back to dating shortly afterwards. She really didn't seem to mind such a lonely life style, which was strange to him really when he thought about it. This time literally shrugging, it thankfully lining up with her question about his dating life. Something which caught him off guard as he actually took the question in completely.

Taking in a deep breath, he leaned back and put his finger to his chin to rubbed at the stubble he allowed to form over it. "Well to be honest Miss Erin, no woman I have yet to meet likes the idea of me disappearing for long periods of time on a boat in god only knows where." Sighing he brushed some hair from his face and looked directly towards Erin once more with a faint smirk on his lips. "After all it isn't like I get to come to land very often with my work and even when I do get time off, I still find myself very busy, actually to busy for a real relationship that woman want." Pausing the sever came back with the food, setting it out in front of them. The scent of his meal, cause a bit of saliva to collect in his mouth. Clearing his throat to clear it away, he nodded to the sever who had just finished setting his drink down. When they left Shuck looked back towards Erin and gave a wink before he spoke. "Why are you looking for someone to date?" Snickering he took a bite of one of the fries, before adding some salt to them.

Picking up his sandwich, he began to eat by take a bite or two here and there. Wondering how she would take his little joke, since he doubted her to actually be looking. Then again, they barely knew one another so he doubted now she would get it as a joke. If anything it might even startle her slightly, though it had been said which meant that was the end of it. Enjoying his meal, he listened carefully for her as well as to his surroundings. It wasn't horribly loud, but enough that he didn't notice the bell on the door ding from someone else entering the pub. Though for now it wouldn't matter to him, as he was doing his best to enjoy this almost awkward turning meal.

Loyal Bookworm

12,400 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Bookworm 100
User Image

Erin saw Shuck take in her words before shrugging. She probably confused him. That was no surprise. She usually had that effect on people whenever she spoke about herself. No one really understood her. To be expected, she thought. She listened to Shuck as he spoke about his own love life, mentioning that the women he met didn't want to be the wife of someone that was away for months at a time. She smiled softly at him.

"True, but I bet there's a woman out there looking for a man like you, and would put up with your extended absence because she'd be proud of you and appreciate what you and your fellow brothers and sisters at arms do every day to protect this country." It wasn't long after she said that comment that their food arrived, and she ordered a glass of water. Erin took in the aroma of her meal, and smiled before taking up her fork, and began to eat her food. Her smile grew as the food gave off many different flavors before she swallowed the delectable bite, and looked to the server.

"Delicious entree. I give my compliments to the chef." The brunette took a couple bites at her salad before glancing over at Shuck, and listened to his question. She swallowed her food, and took a sip of her drink before thinking about his inquiry. Once she had an answer, she spoke.

"Well, I think it would be fun to date someone. To really understand and be around a person I like on more than a physical attraction. And I'd like to date to hopefully one day fall in love, get married, and have a family. But like I mentioned earlier, I have yet to find someone that I connect with." She thought about her words before chuckling. "On that note, it's a bit interesting how well you and I have gotten to know each other throughout the day. Though I know it's been mostly me talking, and you listening." Erin looked at Shuck, her green eyes shining a little as she gave the man a warm smile.

Thoughts/Emotions:
OOC:

Devoted Poster

8,825 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Dressed Up 200

User Image

Chuckling he shook his head, before swallowing the food in his mouth and taking a swig of his drink. His hand waved off what she was saying, before he leaned back in the seat and gave a softened smile. "You are a silly one Miss Erin. When I questioned you looking for someone to start a relationship with, I was asking if you were looking at me. The way you questioned my love life made it easy to do. I guess it was a poorly placed joke, forgive me." Shrugging it off, he averted his eyes as he picked up the last bit of his sandwich and finished eating it. Perhaps he was stuff his face so he had a reason to stop speaking, since he felt he only made himself more foolish looking. Though he did admit, he was enjoying the time the two of them were spending together. Part of him wondered if she did as well, after all his last little comment probably put her off completely. Since he doubted he was her type anyways, she didn't seem needy but at the same time he didn't think she would care for the long disappearances with no answers ever able to be given.

When he finished his sandwich, he looked toward his wrist at the watch that was wrapped around it. He was expecting something to arrive at their table soon. So when it was about a minute late already, he was a bit uneasy because of it. Normally they were never late, if anything they always came early. Looking back towards Erin, he gave a weakened smile as he took down the last of his drink before speaking calmly. "It may be time for you to step out. I have a bad feeling something is coming Miss Erin..." Pulling the gun from it's holster, he cocked it before setting it on the table carefully. His head turning to look at the bar, a whistle ringing out to catch the bartender's attention. Nods were exchanged as the bartender walked to the back and pushed opened a door. People got up and began to walk out towards it, leaving Shuck and Erin soon sitting alone together. A sigh left Shuck as he got to his feet and pulled out his wallet. Laying cash on the table, he turned to face the door his hand ready to reach for the gun the second it opened.

Loyal Bookworm

12,400 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Bookworm 100
User Image

Erin looked a bit puzzled as Shuck chuckled before listening to his explanation about his little joke of her seeing him as someone to date. She blinked a couple of time before laughter filled her throat and escaped her mouth. It was rather amusing. She let that joke fly right over her head. Offended? Not in the slightest. Quite frankly, she didn't have a type, but if she did, it would be someone like Shuck. Whether or not the person would be him or someone else with similar circumstances was something only the future could tell. Once her laughter died down, she smiled sweetly at him.

"You're fine. I'm not put off by the joke. I just happened to have a silly moment." She finished her meal off a few minutes after him before seeing looking a bit distracted. She felt in the pit of her stomach that something was wrong. She soon heard him speak, and saw the weak smile on his face before the bartender opened up a door, and people started to go through it. She also noticed that he pulled out his gun from its holster

"Shuck, is everything alright? What's wrong?" Her voice seemed to echo as the place emptied out, and it was just them inside the restaurant. Erin watched him place down some cash before looking at the door. She looked at it before looking back at him, confused and worried.

"Shuck, what's going on?" the brunette asked in a quiet voice.

Thoughts/Emotions:
OOC:

Devoted Poster

8,825 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Dressed Up 200

User Image

His hand flinched slightly for the gun as he heard Erin speak, something about her still being there not in his plan. Clinching his fist, he sighed heavily before grabbing the gun from the table. Twirling around on his heel in a single swift motion, he pulled her up from the table and looked into her eyes. "I suggest you don't argue or protest, because I will leave you behind." Picking Erin up over his shoulder, he began to walk towards the pub's kitchen and moved his way around the works who were quick to hit the floor when they saw the gun. All but one that was, who was peering out the side exit and watching the outside for Shuck. "Alberto! How many, weapons, armor, skills..." The man said nothing as the list of questions were rattled off while, he made his way to that very door. Soon though the male next to the door began to sign the answers back to Shuck, giving him everything he needed to know. Nodding the male allowed the door to close before stepping aside to allow Shuck some space.

It was then he set Erin down on her own to feet and looked into her eyes directly. "I will not lie to you Miss Erin, but I will not explain everything either. I am an assassin for hire, which means when I kill someone important I tend to make a few enemies along the way. Let's just say one of my enemies has managed to track me here and took out my informant along the way. I need to get you out of here and to a safe place for the night, then I will be leaving for a while..." After he finished speaking, he peered out the door to see a few men rush by at the end of the alleyway. Sighing he shut the door and muttered in anger, before grabbing her upper arm and heading towards the freezer. Pausing as they past a supply cabinet and a hanging area for jackets. Grabbing a bunch he, he opened the closet and grabbed a few blankets from it. Looking over his shoulder, he heard the front door being kicked open. The sound of shattering glass filling everyone's ears as the sign of it happening.

Growling to himself, he guided her to the freezer and began to layer on the jackets on himself as well as her. Pausing he looked towards the man and nodded, before opening the door. "Inside, Alberto will keep us safe until we can leave...." Pushing her into the freezer, before going in behind her as the door was shut. The light was switched on inside for a moment as Shuck set down a one of the blankets on the floor, pointing to it before speaking firmly. "Lay down, he needs to keep the lights off..." When she listened, Shuck would tap the door and the room would go black, Shuck snapping a glow stick, the small greenish light enough to guide him to the stop he left her. Laying down beside her, he covered them up with several blankets and sighed heavily. "I am sorry you got mixed up in all of this Erin, but we have no other choice..." His words were soft, barely a whisper as he wrapped an arm around her waist and kept her body close to his. It was to conserve heat, but at the same time Shuck felt a different kind of warmth with having her so close against him.

Loyal Bookworm

12,400 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Bookworm 100
User Image

Erin saw the slight flinch Shuck made before looking at her, and pulling her up from the table. She was about to speak when he started talking to her, but instead let out a small gasp at being picked up, and thrown over his shoulder. She felt him move to the kitchen in the pub, and saw people laying on the floor. All but one person was standing, and looked at Shuck as he asked him questions. She saw the man sign back before they entered through a door, and it was closed behind them. It wasn't long before she was set down, and heard Shuck speak to her. Erin was pretty shocked about hearing this.

An assassin? What was he doing around here let alone at her workplace? Was there a target in the company? So many questions filled her head, but she didn't ask them. Now wasn't the time. The brunette also glanced out the door to see the men rushing inside. It wasn't long before the angry muttering and her arm being tugged on as she moved with Shuck towards the freezer. She flinched a little when she heard glass shatter before being moved inside the freezer, slipping on the jacket Shuck provided for her. Following his lead, she laid on the ground where the blanket was. She shivered a little with the cold of the ground seeping through the blanket and the cold air, though she knew the temperature in the freezer could be worse.

Once the freezer when pitch black, she stiffened a bit before Shuck laid beside her with a glowstick, and a few blankets tossed over them to hide them from the intruders. Erin looked over at Shuck as he apologized for getting her involved in his work. She felt his arm wrapped around her, pulling her closer to his warm body. She felt her face heat up, not really used to being in close proximity with a male she didn't really know as well as hearing him say her name without 'Miss' for the first time. Despite knowing his true occupation and not completely knowing him, she felt...safe and comfortable in his presence. She moved closer to him to share more of her own body heat with him, resting her head on his shoulder.

"It's alright, Shuck. I know you didn't mean for this to happen. I'm just glad I'm with you rather than being held hostage or outside with those who left the pub while you'd still be in here taking care of your enemies," she replied in the quietest of whispers.

Thoughts/Emotions: Concerned yet feeling safe
OOC:

Devoted Poster

8,825 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Dressed Up 200

User Image

Closing his eyes, he enjoyed this moment in silence as he felt his heart starting to chip away at the hard layer which concealed it. He thought he could never feel this way for anyone, as he was trained not too. It was dangerous to love and he knew this, which is why he decided to leave after he got her to a safe place. His mind was clouded and soon so would his judgement if he stayed near this woman. Sighing softly, he kept his arm wrapped lightly around her as the time slowly ticked by and shouting grew and faded several times through out it. Thankfully no gun shots were heard, which was Shuck's only easing moment through out the time he was forced to be hiding. "I think we will be able to leave soon, when we do I need you to promise me something." His voice was soft and gentle as he shifted next to her slightly, so he was over a bit now.

Looking down on her with his soft green eyes, the yellowish green light from the glow stick enough to show his happy expression. He stayed like this for a moment in silence, before leaning down and giving her a gentle kiss on the lips. Breaking it, he continued to speak once again. "Do not forget me Erin...I promise I will come back when the time is right. Until then remember that kiss, remember me and remember the feelings you felt today." After he finished speaking, the light flicked on over head and the door to the freezer opened. Pushing the covers off of them, he got to his feet and helped Erin to her's as Alberto handed him a note before walking out of the freezer to gather some other supplies. Shuck gave a weak smile to the woman he shared the freezer with for about 2 hours, before turning away. Shedding the coats he tossed them to the floor, opening the note after he was down to his own clothing. Looking it over carefully, he grumbled and glanced back to Erin before crumpling the note up.

It was shoved into his pocket as he made his way out of the freezer, grabbing one of the long rifles off the counter, Slinging it across his back, he gathered up a few other short barreled guns and put them away in holster's on his body. Humming to himself, he looked to Alberto and then towards the door leading back to the main seating area. "Tell him I will pay for the damages when I get back. I am sure they weren't as kind to the furniture..." A nod was received from the male as he looked past Shuck towards the woman whom was with him. Alberto would admit it was strange to him that this man had someone with him, it had never happened before. If anything Shuck was always alone and reading some sort of paper or news related item. So seeing a woman was a strange and confusing sight for this male. Though he didn't dare to question it, as it was not in his job to do such. Shuck straightened his hair and put it up in a low hanging pony tail before speaking towards Erin. "Come along, we have about three minutes to leave this place before the snipers finish setting up..."

He turned around and grabbed Erin's upper arm, leading her to the back door once again. Peering out he gave a nod before heading out the door, dragging Erin along behind him. A car was packed at the end of the alley way, waiting for them to get him. Opening the back door, Shuck motioned for Erin to get in and spoke the command. "Get in, we need to hurry." Even then he was watching the roof tops for movements, catching some already. Once Erin was in the car, he shut the door and got into the front passenger seat. The second the door shut, the car began to move and gained speed quickly as Shuck buckled himself in. "Devon, take me to the northern house. I have some supplies there I need...Afterwards take Miss Willow back home." Glancing into the review, the driver looked the woman over and a sick, twisted smile crossed his lips. It was then a gun was pointed under the male's chin as Shuck spoke firmly. "I swear you will see your brains when you die Devon, do not touch this woman..." The smile disappeared and fear took it's place as the man nodded in agreement. Leaning back in the chair, Shuck watched the scenery that they passed as his mind wandered to the kiss he had given Erin in the freezer.

Loyal Bookworm

12,400 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Bookworm 100
User Image

Erin laid beside Shuck in silence, hearing the commotion outside. A couple of times she tensed up since it sounded like the voices shouting were nearby. Soon, though, it was fairly quiet as Shuck began to speak to her. She turned towards the man, looking at him in the dim light of the glow sticks. She saw the happiness on his face as they stared at each other before he leaned down, and kissed her. She blinked in surprised, not expecting it before her eyes slowly shut, and she returned the kiss. What seemed like minutes were actually seconds when he broke the kiss, continuing on with his words before she nodded.

"I promise," she replied in a whisper. When the lights were turned back on, and the door to the freezer opened. She felt him removed the covers and jackets they wore as Shuck helped her up. She saw him being handed a note which he scanned and crumpled up before he gave her a weak smile. The way it looked on his face made her heart drop in sadness. It wasn't long before she followed him out of the freezer, watching him gather up weapons and talk to his associate. She heard his next words directed at her, her arm grabbed, and her being taken out of the pub, and to an alleyway where a car sat.

Erin hurried inside on Shuck's words, quickly buckling up. Once the man was inside with her, she had lurched back against her seat as the car sped off. Their surroundings past them quickly as Shuck spoke to the driver. She looked at him through the mirror, and felt a shiver go down her spine when he gave her the twisted grin. It was gone in moments with a look of fear replacing it as Shuck threatened to kill him if the driver laid a hand on her. While she didn't want anyone to die, she also didn't want the driver's attention on her, and was grateful for Shuck being there. She hated to think what the guy would try to do. She looked outside her window, seeing everything pass them by. She didn't know where they were going, but hoped it was near her home. Still, knowing that Shuck would be gone for a while made her feel sad. She had never really been close to people she just met, but with him...it was like there was something that drew her to him. And she didn't want it gone. But she said nothing as it would make things complicated. For now, she'd savor the time she had with him before he'd disappear.

Company: Shuck and his associates
Thoughts/Emotions: Concerned yet safe
OOC:

Devoted Poster

8,825 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Dressed Up 200

User Image

The ride was not a long one, but it was not short either in it's own right. After about two and half hours on the road, they pulled up to a house that looked like ever other along a beautiful coast line. Shuck got out of the car, with Devon doing the same as the back door was opened for Erin to exit as well. Devon looked the woman over as he walked around the car to grab things from the trunk, he gave the wicked smile once again. Though the click of Shuck's 22 pistol being cocked caused it to disappear once again and the work of gathering the supplies from the trunk went on once again. Shuck grumble in disgust as he lowered the gun and looked at Erin with a soft smile. "Let's get inside, I am sure your tired after today." Waiting for her to start walking before he lead the way inside the house, Devon soon to follow as well with his arms packed full of things.

Unlocking the door, he went inside and disarmed the alarm as he waved for Erin to follow inside and make herself at hope. The house was beautiful inside as it was outside with a simple and functional decor that fit perfectly for the location in which the house sat. Once everyone was inside, the door was shut and Shuck headed farther inside to the living room area. Pulling the covers off the furniture pieces, he took a seat on a couch where he patted the spot next to him for Erin to take a seat. Devon had set the supplies on and around the coffee table before disappearing into the kitchen area to find himself something to eat. "Welcome to my summer home Erin, it isn't much but it works for what I need. We will stay here for the night as I believe you will be safer with me until I can take you home tomorrow. I hope you do understand, for the night you can have my room, Devon and I can sleep down stairs on the couches for the night." Speaking calmly, he pulled out some paper work from a suit case and began to review it even as he spoke to her.

Shuck didn't wish to tell her the truth about the note he had received, as he was unsure what she would think about being stuck with him for longer then even this night most likely. An informant went to check out Erin's apartment and it seemed they were in the process of raiding it, which meant they thought she had some involvement with him. At least that was what he assumed, as he doubted her father ordered for another assassin to take her out. For it was against the agreement the two of them made a week ago before he came to work with this woman. Until he could figure out who the men in her apartment had been, he knew she wasn't safe. Sighing he set the paperwork down and leaned back on the couch, rubbing his face with both hands as he tried to determine his next move. After all he wasn't expecting this to happen during a job like this, but he was thankful Devon was able to get the info from the informant in case something did happen. It was what most of the paperwork Shuck now had to go through was. Tonight would be a long one, as he wouldn't sleep a wink for he feared for her safety as well as his own now.

Loyal Bookworm

12,400 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Bookworm 100
User Image

Erin had dozed off for about 30 minutes or so when the car came to a slow halt. Her green eyes fluttered open, and she moved her head from the seat she had been resting on. She looked over at the house, and blinked when she saw it. He lived there? She knew he was an assassin, but with a house like that, he must've been a really good one. She saw Shuck exit the car before exiting out of the door opened for her. She feel Devon's eyes on her, and glanced to see the wicked grin once again on his face. However, it went away when Shuck cocked his gun, and the other man continued getting stuff out of the trunk of the car. She looked to Shuck, who smiled at her before telling her to head inside.

"Alright." Erin headed inside the house, looking around at the interior of the place. It was a very lovely house. She saw him pull away some covers from the furniture, motioning for her to sit down. The brunette did so, and looked over to the green-eyed assassin as he stated they would stay the night as it would be safer for her, and that she would sleep in his bed while he and Devon would sleep on the couches downstairs. She nodded. It was a little awkward, but she'd deal with it

"Ok, I understand. But you didn't need to give up your bed for me." Erin watched him look through a suitcase, grabbing some paper work, and reading its contents. She could tell he wasn't telling her something. But she didn't know what. All she knew was that since meeting him, and even a bit before, her life was starting to turn upside down. It was a good thing he didn't know what things she was up to in her father's company besides for what he knew. If he did, he'd probably get hired by her father to kill her. What she didn't know was that was already happening for her, but her father didn't say anything about why he hired Shuck to kill her. And for a good thing otherwise his own indiscretions would be forced to be revealed.

"So...any idea about who had been raiding the restaurant?" she asked.

Thoughts/Emotions: 'How did we get to a beach so fast...?'
OOC:

Devoted Poster

8,825 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Dressed Up 200

User Image

Staring at the ceiling he listened to her question, debating if he should bother to answer it. The more she knew, the more dangerous things could get for her later on in life. Though it wasn't like it would matter, he had a job to do after all. Looking over at her, he gave a shrug before deciding to tell her. "I am unsure of exactly who did it, but I do know they are involved with the Polish mafia..." Pausing he shifted forward on the couch and stared at the suitcase for a moment before shutting it down and locking it. "About a year and a half ago I took out the heir and his family for the Scotts, the job was simple as every other. A sniper shot to the husband on his way to work, while and children were knocked out and brought to Scotland for questioning. Not really sure what happened to them, not my concern really." Shrugging it off, he pulled his phone out and looked at the time before getting to his feet. Grabbing the suitcase, he headed away from her and into the kitchen, grabbing the land line.

Dialing a number, he put the phone under his chin while checking his watch and snapping his fingers at Devon. Motioning for him to go grab something from out of the car. It was then he spoke calmly in french, ordering something for them too eat for the night. It would be delivered in about an hour, which was enough time for Shuck to finish sorting some other things out in the house hold and send Devon to go get some supplies from the near by market. Hanging the phone up, he looked out towards Erin and spoke once again. "Dinner will be here in about an hour, Italian..." Leaving the suitcase on the kitchen table, he came back into the living room and turned the TV on so the news would be playing. They were covering the break in on the local bar, it was the same bar that Shuck and Erin were at earlier. Listening carefully, he fidgeted with his watch trying to see what spiel they were going with this time. A moment later a knock on the door rang out and Devon had already returned from the garage, meaning this was someone else.

Shuck grabbed his gun, before getting too his feet and cocking it. Placing it back in his holster, he went to the door with a sigh leaving him. Opening it he raised his brow in confusion before he pointed to the couch and stepped out of the way. A husky was released into the house and a cat was handed to Shuck, whom looked a bit confused by the creature. Sighing he closed the door and walked into the living room as he waited to see if the editions to his house hold could be explained. The cat was offered to Erin, a soft glare being shown towards the husky as it was clear he didn't care for animals like she did. This wasn't because he didn't like them, more so he never wanted anything he could be attached too and lose some how. "I will have Devon pick them some food up when he goes out here in a few..." Heading to the kitchen, he talked with the other about everything they needed before sending him out to fetch it all. After everything was finished, he would finally come back and take a seat in an arm chair to try and relax after a long day.

Loyal Bookworm

12,400 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Bookworm 100
User Image

Erin saw Shuck hesitate on answering her question before he responded on who it may have been while sealing up his suitcase. She held back a small shiver. This man certainly led a life of danger. She had expected it to a degree when he used his other identity as a military man, but this was a whole different field. Knowing this, the brunette had the feeling that the man she was with wasn't always what he seemed. She watched him grab a phone, speaking in another language for a few minutes before hanging up. She saw him look at her, informing her that Italian food would be brought over in a bit. Emerald eyes blinked for a moment before she nodded.

"Ok." Erin watched him move around, taking stuff away before turning on the TV. She saw the latest news was on the pub they had been at a few hours ago. A knock on the door caught her attention, and she looked towards it. She noticed Shuck grab her gun, and open the door before looking confused. Once the door open, a flash of white busted in, and tackled her onto the onto, licking her face. She couldn't help but laugh in response before hearing a meow. The brunette turned, picked up the black cat, and cuddled both animals to her.

"Bianca! Soot! What are you two doing here?" she asked her pets. They gave their standard woofs and meows before snuggling up to their owner. She saw Shuck looking at her, and gave him a small smile.

"I don't know who brought my pets over, but thank them for me. Still..." her smile went away as she realized something, "my pets don't go near anyone that they don't know. Whoever was able to coax them from the apartment has to know them." This made Erin wonder if something happened to her home when she caught sight of a note attached to the husky's collar. She took it off, unfolded it, and read the words.

"Rin," it read "I'll explain later why your animals are here when I get back. Tell Shuck he'll get answers, too. See you soon." Erin recognized the handwriting that was on the page as she placed it down on the small table beside her. The nickname given to her also gave away the person's identity right off the bat. The gears in her head were whirling as she was trying to piece together everything. She looked to Shuck with calm eyes.

"Shuck, whoever works for you is someone I've known for a long while. And it's because of said person that my pets are here. For them to know I'm at this place and they have brought a piece of my family here means something has happened at my home, hasn't it?" she inquired softly.

Thoughts/Emotions: 'Though I'm glad to see them, what are my pets doing here?'
OOC: ((I'm going to incorporate a side character in the next post. :3))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff