Welcome to Gaia! ::

eat you alive
just like ghouls

it's the crossover everyone wanted but was too afraid to do:
free!/tokyo ghoul

User Image

enjoy~
                      It had been a busy week during school, between studying for tests and doing projects. Yuuki seldom had time to see his sister at home, so the two of them got together on campus at one of their favorite little cafes on the campus – well not his favorite. Kamii University was huge and had a good selection of places. The little shop wasn’t his cup of tea (ironically enough) since all the selection had was fancy coffees and gay a** pastries, but Hinata enjoyed it. He pushed open the door to the store with his best friend in tow behind him. Rei and he had gone back – way back. They had a fair share of classes together too. “Yo,” he offered to Hinata, smile stretching across his face when he saw her eyes brighten. Casually, he took a look around the shop. Most people who frequented the café were regulars, except for one girl. Her hair seemed to stand out amongst the black and brown-haired students. It was pretty though. Yuuki did his best not to stare as he took a seat by Hinata. “What are you drinking? Some caramel frappe latte thing?”

“It’s chai tea.” Hinata giggled at his attempt to identify her drink. She held the cup between her fingers and gave a smile toward Rei. “You want some?” She asked Yuuki.

“Nah,” Yuuki shook his head. “I’ll probably freak them out and get a soda.” He grinned, eyes shifting over toward that girl again. “Hey, have either of you two ever seen her before?” He inquired, subtly trying to tilt his head toward the other girl. Mostly, he wanted to know. If not, he thought he might as well introduce himself. In the background of the café, he could hear a news anchor speaking about bodies that had been found – most likely the work of a ‘ghoul’ – on the television. Honestly, he didn’t know how he felt about ghouls or even if they truly existed. It was probably just some creep who thought murdering people would be fun. As long as he didn’t have to worry about it, he was happy to live life in denial.

“No,” Hinata said, ignoring the television as she set her cup down to close the book she was reading. “You should introduce yourself.” She was all for her brother getting a nice girlfriend. He really did need to get out more. All he did was stay indoors often; although, his field seemed to require that. She was still deciding what she wanted her specialty to be. She had been torn between being a physical therapist or a vet tech. The idea of playing with kittens and puppies all day appealed to her. She didn’t want to dally the whole time and waste precious time. When Yuuki got up to fetch his soda, she watched him from the corner of her eyes. “What do you think his chances are?” She asked innocently of Rei, crossing her ankles.

“Thank you.” Yuuki said to the lady behind the counter when he got his bottle of soda, winking at her. That was when he casually made his way over to the other table. “Is this seat taken?” He asked, smiling at the other girl.
                      Sora sat in the corner with her cup of coffee. She had to admit it wasn't bad, though the coffee from Anteiku was much better. But coffee was coffee, so as long as it didn't taste like s**t, she tried not to be too picky. Of course, when it came to the people she ate, she was much pickier. She wasn't about to eat some grandma. She'd only done that once, and it was awful. Old people were tough, and usually left a disgusting rot taste in the mouth. Just thinking about it made her want to puke.

Her eyes shifted from her mindless scrolling through the internet on her phone when the door opened and in came two boys. She smiled to herself. They were both cute, but the blonde boy looked delicious. He wasn't /too/ muscular, but not too fatty either. Though the dork in the glasses looked like he would probably taste good too, she couldn't help but notice the blonde boy's eyes shifting in her direction from time to time. She pretended as if she weren't watching him, though her stomach ached with anticipation. This boy would be her next meal, she'd make sure it happened.

Rei walked with Yuuki into the cafe, to join Hinata during their break from classes. Absently he noted that the reporter on the television was speaking of the recent corpses that had been showing up in various districts. They were suspected to be the work of ghouls, but he was skeptical about the existence of ghouls. He'd never encountered one, and part of him felt as if they were just another big foot like creature. Something that everyone swore they've seen, but no one has actual proof. And anyone who did have “proof” were quack jobs, or even dead(if the deaths were caused by ghouls and not some crazy person). Though he did wonder from time to time that /if/ ghouls were real, were they beautiful? Or were they like the supposed big foot, ugly and hairy?

Rei smiled as they joined Hinata at the table she sat at. He gave her a gentle smile listening as the brother and sister spoke to each other. He'd been contemplating what he was going to order when Yuuki spoke asking about a girl in the back corner of the shop. He looked at her for a moment before shaking his head. “I don't think so.” he replied before Hinata stated that Yuuki should go talk to her. Then Yuuki was off. His eyes followed him as he got his drink and then made his way to the girl. He chuckled some pushing his glasses up when she asked what he thought Yuuki's chances were. “Fifty- Fifty.” he replied. He'd never seen that girl before, so he couldn't say for sure if she'd go for him or not, though he could of sworn he'd seen her looking at them.

Sora looked up when her heard a voice and she smiled seeing the delicious looking boy standing there. “It is now.” she said with a smile motioning for him to sit down.
                      “Fifty-fifty?” Hinata laughed. She could see it. “It feels a little mean to bet on his chances though.” In her eyes, any girl would be lucky to have such a sweet, caring guy as their boyfriend. Then again, most didn’t care about what someone’s sister had to say. Plus, what right did she have to decide on her brother’s love life when she could barely figure out her own? There was a mutual feeling between her and Rei, she knew that much. Neither of them had acted upon it. Either the time wasn’t right, they weren’t ready to take the next step, or she had been wrong about the ‘mutual’ feeling. It was a little scary to want to take the next step, potentially ruining a friendship. Their bond was strong though. All three of their bonds were strong. It seemed silly to think about in retrospect. Briefly, she glanced over her shoulder toward Yuuki as he took a seat and a sigh escaped her nose.

Out of instinct, Yuuki looked around to make sure no one was walking toward the table. Even though she said it ‘it was now’, he was slightly apprehensive. Merely because he’d hate to sit and have someone loom over him. He set his soda down, deciding it was safe. It was such a ridiculous thing to do – to think that she would be teasing him. “I’m Yuuki,” he introduced himself, tilting his head to the side with a smile. “I have never seen you around here before.” That sounded creepy, he reminded himself. It made him sound like he knew every single person that had walked into the café. “I-I mean with how much I frequent the café with my sister, I would have noticed someone as pretty as you.” He stated, rubbing the back of his neck. His cheeks were tinted red from slight embarrassment. Nice save, he thought. It was a definite way to avoid seeming creepy. He had to resist the urge to glance over his shoulder and give Hinata and Rei a look that screamed ‘SOS’. No matter how smooth he thought he was, a second later he knew it was the opposite.

Awkwardly, he twisted open the bottle of soda and took a drink to avoid the silence that seemed to envelop them.
                      Rei shrugged some. It did feel a bit wrong to be betting on his chance with this girl, but oh well. At least Yuuki had the balls to go talk to the girl. Whereas he had been friends with Hinata for years and couldn't even bring himself to ask her out. He was pretty sure the feelings between them were mutual, but he couldn't bring himself to risk asking her on a date and then it ruining their friendship because she didn't feel the same. He'd decided years ago it was probably for the best that he not say anything. It would suck to make things awkward, or even potentially lose her as a friend all together because of it. Besides, love was illogical(even if he was feeling it).

She watched him curiously as he looked around for a moment. Did he think she hadn't been offering him the seat? She didn't know, but finally he sat down and introduced himself. She smiled at him over her cup that she now held between her hands. “I'm Sora.” she said before taking a sip of her coffee. When he mentioned he hadn't seen her around before she quirked a brow. She knew what he meant, but it didn't take away from how awkward it sounded. “Nice save.” she teased when he corrected himself. “I don't go to school here. I was just visiting with a couple of my co-workers, and thought I'd stop in for a drink before I left.” she told him with a smile.
                      Sora was a pretty name. It meant sky, didn’t it? Yuuki grinned soon after she introduced herself. “I’m glad you think that was a good save. I didn’t need you thinking I’m creepy…you know, given what has been happening lately on the news.” He pointed out. The television was still background noise and he was still catching bits and pieces of it between the chattering in the café and other various noises. It seemed that their main focus was this ‘ghoul epidemic’ or rather the one that has been plaguing the 20th Ward. It still seemed ridiculous. All of it did. He leaned his hand against his cheek, briefly staring out the window. “Ah, you don’t?” It was a big campus, so even if she had, he doubted he would have met her before unless they had had similar classes. “I guess it’s an okay place to stop for a drink. I’ve never been into those fancy coffees and teas.” He laughed. “To each their own, I suppose.” s**t, he thought. She doesn’t want to hear about that stuff, Yuuki. He had an internal panic. What to talk about? Don’t talk about tumblr or anything you’ve seen on the internet, he told himself. That wasn’t a good conversation starter.

Hinata had a similar reaction in her mind. She was being nosy, listening to see how it was going. It was hard between the chatter around, the television, and she didn’t want to look like she was trying too hard. Don’t talk about anything you’ve seen on the internet, Yuuki. Don’t do it, she thought.

“So, I saw this meme the other day—“ Yuuki paused.

/Dammit/, they both thought in unison. Hinata set her head down. “Yuuki is hopeless, Rei. He’ll never get a girlfriend at this rate.” She sighed.

“Well, I mean…If you’re into that sort of thing, I could show you?” Yuuki offered, smiling nervously as he pulled out his green iPod.
                      She glanced at the TV when he mentioned what had been going on lately. She did her best not to react. She didn't need him knowing /she/ was the one who'd stirred up all the “trouble” and earned the title Binge Eater. That would just ruin everything. “Don't worry. I don't think you're a ghoul, and plan to eat me.” she smiled. “But if I'm wrong just make it quick, alright?” she winked and give him a grin. She shrugged some when he mentioned the coffees and teas in the shop. Their coffee could have been worse. This kid was awkward. The longer she sat there talking to him, the more she felt like she was going to be doing him a favor by eating him. That was when he spoke of a meme. Wait... He was an internet nerd? Maybe they had more in common than she'd thought only seconds ago. “Show me.” she said with a smile setting her cup down and leaning over the table some to be closer to him.

Rei's eyes shifted between Hinata and Yuuki periodically. He couldn't really hear was his friend and the girl were talking about, and he was doing his best not to try either. He loved his friend dearly, but prying into his life wasn't going to help anything. He laughed some when Hinata spoke, stating that her brother was hopeless. She must've heard what he'd said to her. His eyes shifted back to Yuuki noticing the girl leaning over the table, closer to him. “I dunno. She seems interested.” he shrugged some.
                      “Good,” Yuuki said with a soft smile. At least he didn’t look like a ghoul. Though what the hell did ghouls even look like? If they could look human, that was frightening. In his mind, he always thought of them as ugly creatures that were always covered in the blood of their enemies. “As a teenage boy, I can vouch for eating fast, but don’t worry. I wouldn't eat someone as pretty as you.” He knew he was making this far more awkward than it needed to be. “Huh, really?” He lit up when she wanted to be shown and he instantly turned on his iPod, rushing to get on to his tumblr. Quickly, he found it and turned his iPod in her direction. “It’s an oldie, but a goodie.” He said proudly. “So, I take it you’re either trying to pretend you think memes are cool to make me feel less awkward or you’re a closet blogger and/or nerd.” Yuuki added, tilting his head.

“Really?” Hinata looked back over her shoulder, seeing the girl leaning over the table. “Good.” She grinned and decided to try and not watch or listen to the train wreck in progress. It was just hard not to. Rei wasn’t doing a good job of keeping her attention. What a friend he was. “So,” she said, leaning her fist against her cheek, “what have you two been up to? I feel like I barely see you two anymore.”
                      She just smiled when Yuuki vouched as a boy that he'd eat her quickly, though he wouldn't eat someone as pretty as her. Well that was flattering, but she couldn't exactly say the same thing to him, nor could she promise to eat him quickly. She couldn't deny that he was attractive. She'd enjoy eating him slowly and watching the betrayal in his eyes as he died. Her eyes shifted from looking at his face to looking down at his iPod only when he held it out to show her, commenting on how she might be just pretending. That wasn't true at all. She often spent time on the internet, and even had a blog herself. Though no one /knew/ it was her blog. As far as the world knew, it was just some girl with an unhealthy obsession with ghouls. Many people often commented rude things about how her stories sounded “fake” or too far fetched to be something a ghoul /really/ did. They didn't know. They never would. That was most of the fun.

“Heh” she laughed some reading the meme. “You're right. That is an old one.” She smiled looking back up at him, before returning to sitting flat in her seat rather than leaning over the table. She took a sip from her cup of coffee. “I had a reddit.” she admitted.

Rei shrugged some. It looked to him like they were getting along. Though he was worried for his friend when he removed his iPod from his pocket. What could he possibly be doing? What was he showing her? Why did she even care? Didn't most girls spend time doing things other than the internet? His attention was pulled back when Hinata spoke again. “Class mostly.” he admitted. “It's only year one and our classes are very demanding. I spend most nights studying.” he wished he had more time to spend with her. But he only really found time to spend with Yuuki because they had classes together, and studied together. “What about you? How are classes going for you so far?”

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff