Welcome to Gaia! ::

Loyal Werewolf

11,425 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Personally, I find Mr. McGee's version to be more of my style. Yes, I love the original story of Alice, but McGee's POV turns the story into a type of hero's tale.

What do you think of the series?

Are you excited for the final installment in the trilogy?

Quotable Conversationalist

8,550 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
EeveeDemon
Personally, I find Mr. McGee's version to be more of my style. Yes, I love the original story of Alice, but McGee's POV turns the story into a type of hero's tale.

Final installment? O.o I hadn't heard anything about a final installment. Tell me more!

And I agree that I like the hero's tale twist on Alice in Wonderland, but all in all I feel like they really kept the essence of the story intact--horror and all. I mean, Lewis Carroll's book always felt like it had a lot of dark around the edges and stuff. Those versions simply flipped it--like a mirror image (which is delightfully clever). You see the sweet and nonsensical side occasionally, but through the veneer of the dark and macabe. It's beautifully done.

On a side note, in Madness Returns I have to admit I freak out every time the Executioner busted in the Queen's Realm. b*****d. I've played through it a couple times though, so I can usually get away first chance. Still, I totally freak out. I'm working my way through the first one slowly. 90s games, man, they're ruthless.

Bashful Flatterer

User Image Wση∂єяℓαη∂ нαѕ вєcσмє qυιтє ѕтяαηgє...''

/falls over
I love American McGee so much crying
I'm so excited to see if Alice: Otherlands will be released
Madness Returns has one of those storylines I can never get bored of.
I love how twisted it gets emotion_kirakira

'' Hσω ιѕ σηє тσ ƒιη∂ нєя ωαу? ▌ User Image

Loyal Werewolf

11,425 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
DisChib

/falls over

<3 Can you believe it's almost time for it to be released???

Bashful Flatterer

EeveeDemon
DisChib

/falls over

Nope asdf
I'm so excited for it emotion_dowant
/grabby hands for the release

McGee's vision will forever remain in my eyes the best rendition of the story ever made. It had everything to be a compelling, memorable experience and a certain easy to relate realism in all those dark twists...

Think everyone fell, at some point in their lives, inside of their personal destroyed Wonderlands. Striving with their own minds to emerge victorious and heal the monstrous remnants in some way.

As for Otherlands, I cannot contain my excitement. I'm really hoping it won't get pushed back further!

Loyal Werewolf

11,425 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Escapist Artist
McGee's vision will forever remain in my eyes the best rendition of the story ever made. It had everything to be a compelling, memorable experience and a certain easy to relate realism in all those dark twists...

Think everyone fell, at some point in their lives, inside of their personal destroyed Wonderlands. Striving with their own minds to emerge victorious and heal the monstrous remnants in some way.

As for Otherlands, I cannot contain my excitement. I'm really hoping it won't get pushed back further!

The newest update states that it will be released next year.

Kawaii Shoujo

It will be interesting to see what's in store for Alice in Otherland.
Definitely excited for Alice: Otherlands. I absolutely love the series I can't wait to see what the new film holds biggrin !

Loyal Werewolf

11,425 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
HackerExecute
Definitely excited for Alice: Otherlands. I absolutely love the series I can't wait to see what the new film holds biggrin !

The flim SHOULD be coming out this year..

Loyal Werewolf

11,425 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
fairy-phoenix
It will be interesting to see what's in store for Alice in Otherland.

You should check out the kickstarter page and AM's facebook, he post all his updates on both.

Loyal Werewolf

11,425 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
DisChib
EeveeDemon
DisChib

/falls over

Nope asdf
I'm so excited for it emotion_dowant
/grabby hands for the release

X_X Meeh, now we're having to wait AGAIN....

Loyal Werewolf

11,425 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Marael
EeveeDemon

Final installment? O.o I hadn't heard anything about a final installment. Tell me more!

And I agree that I like the hero's tale twist on Alice in Wonderland, but all in all I feel like they really kept the essence of the story intact--horror and all. I mean, Lewis Carroll's book always felt like it had a lot of dark around the edges and stuff. Those versions simply flipped it--like a mirror image (which is delightfully clever). You see the sweet and nonsensical side occasionally, but through the veneer of the dark and macabe. It's beautifully done.

On a side note, in Madness Returns I have to admit I freak out every time the Executioner busted in the Queen's Realm. b*****d. I've played through it a couple times though, so I can usually get away first chance. Still, I totally freak out. I'm working my way through the first one slowly. 90s games, man, they're ruthless.

The final installment is going to be a series of short films that'll be released as a full DVD. Alice in Otherlands is basically Alice going into the minds of the greastest inventors, people in history, and even Jack The Ripper~

Dangerous Gatekeeper

Don't hold your breath on Outerlands.
After the amount of problems Spicey Horse has been through, it'll be a miracle if it ever gets finished.
As a fan of both 1999 & 2011 creations, it's been said that a third game may be near impossible with the lack of interest. To my understanding, American McGee MIGHT release a DVD (or Blu-Ray) containing series of shorts instead.

That being said... I do wish someone could pick it up as a full cinematic film some day.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces