Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Lunatic

Aiden Casey
User Image

Aiden winced a little as the alcohol did its work on the cuts. It stung a little but it sure was nothing compared to the blows he had received earlier on in the day during his rounds. Why the man had decided to use his nails near the end he did not know. "Just boys being boys is all. Was in a bit of a organized fight to bring in some extra income for myself. That and there be really nothing much to do out there at this time of night other than drink, eat, and sleep." He took a moment to examine the bandages. She had patched him up quite nicely which kind of surprised him. The local doctor probably couldn't have held his own when it came to treating Aiden with his wounds. He would have just wrapped him up, a bit of ointment here and there, and the usual 'stop biting on more than you can chew' speech before kicking him out of his office. "Got to admit your highness..you did pretty damn well.", He said with a chuckle as he looked up at her as she took a seat. "I recently moved here to England from a small island up in Ireland. Why exactly I decided to stay I couldn't tell you. I ask myself the same thing almost every day that I wake up."

The expression on Aiden's face spoke for itself when she mentioned him staying the night. He wasn't much for accepting help and being tended to by others. He had always fended for himself and had somehow managed to stay alive up until now. Part of him wanted to stay, yet his conscience just continued to scream at him from the back of his head. "I don't know about the whole staying over thing. You've done quite a lot for me already." He stood up slowly and attempted to stretch. He didn't know if it had been because his adrenaline had been pumping or what, but all of a sudden it seemed his body was not as resilient to the aches and pains of earlier. "Since you are royalty and all..I'd think you would have had some guards or something with you at all times. What in the world were you doing walking all alone out in the streets at this time of day?"

so much nope

Sparkly Ladykiller

User Image
                                      xxxxxjessamy silsbury
                                      x
                                      "You should really be careful," Jessamy said, the slightest frown pulling at the corners of her perfectly shaped lips. She never understood fighting clubs and such; it was just a way to get revenge on your enemies and get paid for it, in her opinion. Of course, she had never really taken the time to see if her judgement was correct or not. The frown was replaced with a half-smile when he chuckled. It was the first time of the night he had done that. "You don't need to call me that if we're alone. Essa is just fine. I'm glad I could be of help." She brushed a strand of silver behind her ear, pale eyes blinking once, twice as she took in what he said about moving. "Ireland, huh? That must've been nice." His red hair and snow-white skin was a slight giveaway.

After a few more moments, she stood from her seat once more and started for the hallway. She called over her shoulder, "At least let me treat you to a meal before you take off." Her voice hushed as she came back rubbing her hands together. "Sorry about that. Needed to wash 'em." He was standing now, too. She tilted her head and placed a fingertip on her bottom lip as he asked a question. "About that," she began with a soft, almost ghostly smile. It showed a hint of sadness, though that was mostly masked. "Because I'm royalty, I'm rarely allowed to leave home. My father and mother fear something may happen to their princess. We got in a tiny-," she paused to do the two-finger signal for tiny before continuing. "argument, and I left home. Irrational of me, kind of, but it was spur of the moment." Her eyes left him for a moment to stare down the hallway. "Will you accept my offer of a quick meal?"

ooc; sorry about taking the small break! i'm back now. also, i've been reading the rp between you and jess. it's pretty interesting. c:
                                      xHiDd3N_Ech0zx

Fashionable Lunatic

Aiden Casey
User Image

Aiden stared down the hall for a moment. How big was this place? The hall alone was more spacious than his entire apartment. Suddenly he felt like a ant in a kitchen."Alright then Essa, pleasure to meet ya. Yes Ireland does have a way of growing on to you. I'd be lying if I told you I didn't want to go back someday. As for that meal you offered…alright." He replied with a rather doubtful tone. It wasn't that he didn't want to accept, he just wasn't use to this whole luxury scene. The perfect way to describe his current attitude would be to that of a puppy you bring home for the first time. It sits in the living room without moving, turning its head trying to take in all the new smells and surroundings. It looks scared, but at the same time curious. That would be the perfect way to describe Aiden at this very moment. It was all just a big culture shock to him.

"A small fight you say?" He raised a eyebrow as he tried to figure out what in the world the whole argument could have been about. "I'd ask what it was all about but it is none of my business after all. I had my moments with parents back when I was with them as well, but ya learn to kind of brush it all aside for the sake of the relationship. That is just how family works." He grabbed his shirt and put it back on beginning to button it from the bottom up. "Here in England I am all on my own, and while I enjoy the peace of it all I still find myself wanting for company now and then. Preferably the kind that won't leave you battered and bruised if you catch my drift."

so much nope

Sparkly Ladykiller

User Image
                                      xxxxxjessamy silsbury
                                      x
                                      "Lianna," Jessamy called as the maid from earlier appeared once more. The two exchanged a smile before she said, "Please prepare a small meal for my friend to enjoy before he takes his leave."

"Of course, your highness. Is there anything in particular you would like?" She asked.

"Anything is fine, love." The maid bowed quickly and hurried into the kitchen as Jessamy turned her attention to Aiden. "Your family sounds wonderful. It must have been a shame to pack up and leave." She could hear the change in emotion behind his words as he spoke about his family. Though her mother and father were with her, it had never felt like a family to her. Her father was mainly about business, and her mother constantly worried about the reputation of the three. There was never much time for her or bonding, and at times, she felt the two were mere strangers. Of course, she was grateful for all that she had, but she wanted that warm, loving atmosphere that families were supposed to have. "There are people in and out of here day-in and day-out, though they are mostly here to be graced by Mother and Father's presence." She said, motioning for him to follow.

The two were now in the dining room. The dark red walls were decorated with various, classic paintings and frames of gold. The wooden floor was almost fully covered by the large twenty-sitter table atop a beautiful rug. The table itself had several Turned Wood Pillar Holders with candles on top and an exquisite vase as the centerpiece. After a moment, she took a seat. "Sit anywhere you'd like." She flashed a warm smile in his direction as a maid that hadn't yet made an appearance set up the table for the guest.

"The meal will be out in a few, Sir," she said.

"Thank you, Patricia." Jessamy said as the maid was dismissed.

ooc; sorry about that! went and had lunch. c:
                                      xHiDd3N_Ech0zx

Fashionable Lunatic

Aiden Casey
User Image
"My family is quite wild I'll give them that. There was never a dull moment while I was with them that’s for sure. We had a simple way of living but we always managed to have what we need. Helped us keep focused on what was most important in our lives. Not that there is nothing wrong with living in a place like this princ-…Essa." He had managed to catch himself before finishing the term. It would take some getting used to when it came to calling her by her name instead of her title. He followed and listened to her while she spoke of all those that came to be in the presence of her parents. "Ironic really. While they all come to kiss their feet and bow before them, you are off wandering the streets trying to get away. Which to be honest with you makes no sense since it seems you could hide a small crowd in this damn place without any fear of them being discovered." He said as he took a moment to take in the dining room. These people had the most elegant furniture and everything just seemed to sparkle. Even their maids seemed to fit in with the surrounding splendor of it all.

The maid had called him sir again. He couldn't blame them but he just wasn't use to such formalities where he came from. He took a seat at the middle of the table and just sat there quietly for a moment. "I couldn't live like this." He spat out suddenly. There it was, his random comment of the day. He always managed to say something without thinking at least once a day. "I think I would go crazy. Maids, seat cushions worth more than my entire wardrobe...I couldn't. Maybe I am just too use to the simple way of things."

so much nope

Sparkly Ladykiller

User Image
                                      xxxxxjessamy silsbury
                                      x
                                      Minutes later, a plate of Bourbon Pecan Chicken and a glass of herbal tea was placed in front of the guest. "I hope you enjoy, Sir," Lianna said before turning towards Jessamy. "Would you like anything, Your Highness?"

"That won't be necessary. Thank you, kindly," she replied before the maid left the two alone. "I hope that's alright. I'm sorry for not asking what you'd like." Her eyes were apologetic and an unsure frown was tugging at her lips. Those doubtful thoughts went away as Aiden took in his surroundings. "You get used to it overtime. I've always wondered what it'd be like to live in a regular house with a regular family," she said, entwining her hands on her lap. "The argument," she began, her eyes falling towards the male across the table. "Father announced that he had arranged a marriage for me."
                                      xHiDd3N_Ech0zx

Fashionable Lunatic

xHiDd3N_Ech0zx

Aiden Casey
User Image
Aiden looked at the plate and felt his mouth begin to water. He would have to fight with all of his strength to not dig in like some wild animal. "A regular family? You make it sound like yours is far from it. Then again I am not one to judge, since you have spent more time with them than I have right?", he said before starting to eat. He took in the the different flavors and tried to discern the different spices that were in play. It was a little personal game he would tend to enjoy now and then whenever he tried new foods. "Ah a arranged marriage…I attended a wedding of the sorts once back in Ireland. Ya see the bride had no feelings for the groom but he did offer her financial security. On the wedding day before the old goon could even lift her veil, that wild eyed lover of hers showed up and gave the man a good shot right to the chin. Two things were revealed to me that day." He paused to take a drink from his tea making a rather sour face before continuing.

One, that as long as you be alive you have the choice to do what you want even though it may cost you. Two, it was true that her original husband to be was sporting a pair of dentures after all. Saw them fly and land straight into the holy water I did." He said with a small laugh before taking another bite from his food. "So why no marry the man? Is he too old, or is he a bit of a a**?"

so much nope

Sparkly Ladykiller

User Image
                                      xxxxxjessamy silsbury
                                      x
                                      Jessamy couldn't help but laugh at the story that Aiden told. His accent only made it that much better. However, she understood the little message behind it. "That sounds like some wedding. At least it didn't put you to sleep, mate." She chuckled again, her eyes squinting the tiniest bit as she did so. She didn't have any wedding stories that great; most of the weddings she had attended were incredibly formal and uptight. "I've never met him. This Sunday will be our first meeting," she explained. "I appreciate the fact that Father went through all that he did for this, but..." Her words trailed off as well as her thoughts. "Ah, I'm sorry. It's not fair of me to put this on my guest." She smiled sincerely.

After several moments, his plate no longer carried the small meal. "Was that alright? Would you like another plate or a dessert, perhaps?" She asked, preparing to call the maid. "Thank you for allowing me to ramble on," she blurted.

ooc; aiden is great. xD
                                      xHiDd3N_Ech0zx

Fashionable Lunatic

Aiden Casey
User Image

Aiden smiled at seeing her laugh. She had a cute laugh, that was for sure."No no that is more than enough for me thank you." He said as he pushed the dish away, as if trying to convince himself that what he was saying was true. "You are not rambling lass, you are simply just talking about how you feel about things that is all. I doubt there be a punishment for doing that. So go ahead and keep talking, you have treated me quite well up until now so the least I can do is lend you a listening ear." He leaned back into his chair and took a small drink from his glass, his way of showing that he was more than willing to stick around and chat.

"So you say you will barely meet him this Sunday and you two are to be married? I wouldn't be surprised if you told me it the wedding was to be this coming Monday as well. Are you sure it isn't some old coon just hoping to get lucky? Have you at least seen a picture of the man?"
Aiden was almost back to being himself. The talk of home and special events had gotten him to warm up a bit now, so he was more likely to be his wild self. "Not trying to tease you friend, but it would be quite a sight to see the next queen of England pushing her husband around in his little wheel chair. At least he wouldn't keep you up late into the night right?", he said with a grin, the little spark of mischief visible in his eyes.

((Ooc- Im glad you like him XD. Trying to make him someone fun to be with!))

so much nope

Sparkly Ladykiller

User Image
                                      xxxxxjessamy silsbury
                                      x
                                      As he declined, Jessamy settled back into her seat. In the least, she was glad he had enjoyed his meal. "Thank you. You're kind," she said with a half-smile. She didn't want to be a bother, and the two of them were nearly strangers, so she felt horrible for unloading her issues onto him. However, she would feel even more horrible if she turned him away and sent him home. "The wedding isn't the following Monday. It's two days after that, on Wednesday evening." She began fidgeting with her fingers under the table. Though Aiden had given a harsh impression at first, he was turning out to be quite a good person. "If he's looking to get lucky, it's not going to happen like he plans." She giggled, bringing her hand to cover her lips before brushing strands of hair away from her eyes.

She returned her focus. "I've seen a picture, and Father has shared stories of him. Nonetheless, it did nothing for me." As a mischievous grin appeared on Aiden's face, she had a thought leave her mind as quickly as it entered - he was slightly attractive. Perhaps it was his personality that was beginning to shine through? She imagined herself pushing an older man in a wheelchair and chuckled once more. "That would definitely be something."

ooc; i hope essa's okay. ^^;
                                      xHiDd3N_Ech0zx

Fashionable Lunatic

Aiden Casey
User Image

"Wendsday!? I have to say that is kind of sudden. Plus the fact that your father is so supportive about it is kinda worrisome as well. I like to think that the father of the bride and the son-in-law to be should have some sort of healthy tension in between them. Makes the journey all the more interesting for both the bride and groom for when the wedding day comes along."
Aiden said as he finished up the last of his tea.

"Well maybe you should run away Essa. You made it out your own from this mansion of yours once so who's to say you can't do it again right? Ya want to live a normal life then get out for the week or two and do so, see if you really prefer that over marrying this…drinking buddy of your father's." Of course he was just kidding. Aiden had a way of making light of even the worst situations.

Ooc- I like her a lot. Very cute and defined ^^

so much nope

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas