Welcome to Gaia! ::

Honestly?

DRAG HA 1 100.0% [ 141 ]
Total Votes:[ 141 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 12 >

Naladi
The ticket thing seems more like speculation to me, since there doesn't seem to be any way to prove that the user who bought the ticket is a staff mule. The person may have links to the artist's DA posted, but there are plenty of other people online who try to pass off other people's works as their own and post art/photos/videos/etc. that belongs to other people and pretend it belongs to them. Besides, there isn't any way of proving that the gold used was generated by a staff member and not received through some other means...like buying a crap ton of GGs.

Actually Zero posted in said thread admitting they used a mule to purchase that ticket & the original seller made a topic in SF, posting private messages between him & the staff mule.
I did not want to believe it, but each new thread about this issue brings up more stuff to light.

So @ topic;
No I don't trust them at all.
Does it matter? Probably not anymore.

Wheezing Zealot

I wouldn't give a single ******** if this place shut down overnight.
I could only hope that the people who destroyed an amazing community got a harsh bite in the a** for turning a great website into such a piss pot.

Vermillion Shapeshifter

Whether I trust Gaia or not, my cursor is very far away from the 30% off! link I was about to click on not too long ago. What do we say to Gaia taking our money? Not today. Or tomorrow. I'm not purchasing GC in a long time.

Aged Prophet

13,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Consumer 100
Honestly my empathy went out the window since the halo fiasco last year. This site is pretty much clickbait for me at this point.

Castiel Lover's Husbando

Malevolent Friend

25,400 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Gaian 50
Sir Black Tea
We're reaching a critical mass in rifts between users and staff. After gold generators were put back into the system after being told they were going away, staff not listening to the myriads of complaints that users have about the bombarding of item updates and cash sales, and the survey fiasco of last year, the controversey of staff potentially adding trillions of gold into the system through the purchase of a project ticket has sparked outrage.

So at this point, after all the broken promises, secret information, user dissatisfaction, and general controversey, can you say that you trust Gaia anymore? Do you even like Gaia staff?

tbh I haven't trusted Gaia for over a year but I assume that recent events have made more users lose their trust in upper management. It is entertaining to read about drama, tho.

Short topic is short. Discuss:

-Do you trust Gaia anymore? Do you still like Gaia staff?
-Do you plan on supporting Gaia after the most recently gold injecting controversy?
-What would Gaia have to do to regain your trust?

Do I trust gaia no I probably wont anymore. No again to your question about the staff, I don't like them besides the artists who have no choice. No I wont support them anymore. Not sure, Trust is like a mirror you can fix it if it breaks but you can still see the cracks in that mother ******** reflection.

Hairy Fairy

37,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Over Easy 100
I love the artists and the dwindling # of admins that actually engage us in open dialogue and transparency
everyone else can suck it

idrc anymore though dramallama

Team Diedrich

Can't really trust someone you don't know, and I don't really know any staff members.

They were more involved back in the day, and I liked that about Gaia. I understand things have changed and it's more a business now than ever, but having some connection would be nice.

On the other hand, I don't really want to outright blame the staff either, because I don't know how HQ works and who makes what decisions. Like with the most recent scandal, Zero might just be the messenger, doing what he's told. I don't wanna jump anyone's s**t if they're just doing their job.

Regardless of all that, though, I have not spent any money on this site for a few years and I definitely don't plan on breaking that streak now.

Demonic Sex Symbol

17,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • OTP 200
Trust is a hard word. In my eyes, they are doing their jobs as asked of them to. The real question would be, can we trust gaia as a whole company/site? With what's been going on, it's really hard for me to say yes. Nothing we've asked for has been updated and we have too many broken promises and really the site isn't fun as it used to be. Something changed on gaia and isn't as welcoming as it used to be. I would say the staff is still amazing in their own right, but the company is questionable.

yhoda's Husband

Beloved Giver

18,975 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cool Cat 500
No to all points listed.

As to gain anything back from me? Make me a walrus item lol
But in all seriousness I don't then they could gain anything they lost back from their users at this point now.

Questionable Streaker

Short answer: No.

Long answer: No I do not care. They lost me as a user a long time ago. Im just here because my art shop is always busy. Since they're only here to screw the userbase, they can go screw themselves. They can get my trust back when they announce that the state of the MP was all their fault and say their economist and marketers are less competent than brain dead monkeys with no eyes or fingers.

And maybe a live public lashing of the staff to watch would be nice. emotion_donotwant

larrystew's Partner In Crime

Comrade

oh man I didn't really ever trust gaia, but I think you need to be skeptical with any company, lol. the recent incident was so shady though. I was under the impression that it was just gold generators wrecking the economy, so seeing them do it deliberately... wow lol I don't even care that they said it wasn't their intention. I'm sure they could have thought of something better to contribute to flynn's plunder or whatever. I don't really pay attention to gaia staff. the ones I already liked had nothing to do with this (or anything else that hasn't been uncovered lol), so my opinion of them hasn't changed.

User Image

-Do you trust Gaia anymore? Do you still like Gaia staff?
I still have hope for Gaia. I hope that answers both questions. Eitherway I'll do my best not to give up on this site after I met some awesome people here. Its the community that make me stay~
-Do you plan on supporting Gaia after the most recently gold injecting controversy?
I never ever buy Gcash but I watch the free videos and also offer my art service in Gaia so I guess I support gaia inderectly. The only way I wont support gaia is if i stop using the site.
-What would Gaia have to do to regain your trust?
Maybe stabalize the economy

Aged Hoarder

I really wonder what Gaia thinks they're doing. But then I remember, while the GCD might be where the people who care the most are, there's thousands of other users that don't notice or care.

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
I still trust some of the Gaia staff members, especially those who had nothing to do with the current fiasco. Even Zero, because I suspect that he's just the messenger and just told to do what he can for "damage control".

Aged Noob

16,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Whoever's running gaia is making it really hard for me to believe that gaia will ever improve. They don't give a s**t about what could improve this place or what would make more people want to spend money here instead of driving them away from it. Many of the things they do are insulting to the customers.

As for whoever's idea it was to completely abandon everything that does not directly earn cash: A house will topple over if the foundation is not strong enough to support it.

I have had no issues with trusting gaia as an individual though and i do not fear for my own safety here or anything like that. I just think they are dealing with a lot of things really poorly and sloppily. And i don't really believe anything that they tell us.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff