Welcome to Gaia! ::

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
So, its been 3 months since our last monthly GS update. Up till now, they at least supplemented not giving them to us with a few mini updates. And people were using these mini-updates saying "LOL GAYUH NEVER SAID THOSE WERE MINI UPDOOTS!!1!1" when they were obviously mini updates. Now, I'm normally the first to defend Gaia in most occasions, howere stopping these monthly GS updates has REALLY cheesed me. At first we got them around the middle of the month... then they pushed them to the tail-end up the month right before stopping them completely. Hell, this month, as far as I remember, we only got 1 mini update and the lotto tickets.

Honestly, I wish Gaia staff would speak up about our lack of monthly GS updates, especially since they hired new artists recently to pick up the slack. I'm very disappointed, of all things I never thought they'd ax the monthly GS updates. I'm pissed at whoever is in charge of marketing and I hope that jobs get shuffled around soon.

Your thoughts on this situation, GCD?

Rare

I thought it was kind of obvious that since the shops don't make Gaia any rl money they would give up on it, like pretty much every other feature that does not create a profit :/

Alien Believer

Sir Black Tea
I thought it was kind of obvious that since the shops don't make Gai any rl money they would give up on it, like pretty much every other feature that does not create a profit :/
That would be totally sad... sad

Tipsy Genius

Did we use to get bigger updates? (Srs question. I came back in late December.) I thought mini monthly GS updates were the norm.

Supreme Witch

25,765 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Hellraiser 500
User Image

They still didn't do anything about z! right ? lol

User Image

Witty Rogue

21,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
It's funny...Gaia's focusing a lot on the Cash Shop, yet they don't realize that if they release tons of basics into the Gold Shops with colors matching the ones they constantly use in the Cash Shop, they may actually generate MORE from the CS with users looking for "fancier" items with more detail to match the GS basics.
Making outfits with all CS items is like trying to wear every accessory a person wears all in one go; it's too much.
Ffs, Gaia, we NEED GS updates. Without them, the CS items are overkill...in more ways than one.

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
They might update them for Halloween but that will be awhile.

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
sterek
Did we use to get bigger updates? (Srs question. I came back in late December.) I thought mini monthly GS updates were the norm.
Nah, we normally got mini updates along side our monthly updates.

Tipsy Genius

Hi-Potion
sterek

Ah! And they were specifically announced as monthly updates?
So it's kind of like the hiatus on weekly manga updates that just happened one day without warning?

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
sterek
Hi-Potion
sterek

Ah! And they were specifically announced as monthly updates?
So it's kind of like the hiatus on weekly manga updates that just happened one day without warning?
Yee, they normally announced the monthly update~

Zephyr Ceferino's Princess

Fluffy Kitten

This has seriously been getting on my nerves. People have been asking for more, and/or bigger GS updates for ages now, and gold shops are getting neglected more than ever. I really wish all the money they make from the cash shop would go back into maintaining the non-cash features of the site.

Magical Bunny

I think part of the problem is that artists like to make premium items, too... though they probably prefer some of them to be gold shop.

Firebreathing Dragon

23,425 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Dragon Master 50
Doesn't Loyal count for a gold shop update? I figure that might have been the reason.
They are trying to make GoFusion the new goldshop. They are putting recolors there instead of Loyal's store and throwing old CS items around like shiny trinkets to appease the masses. It is technically a free store but with the real hope that users will spend cash too when trying for diamonds and items that require higher amounts of gems.

Goldshop updates have been a joke for a while now, even before the mini updates started. Look at any cs announcement compared to the piddle of a few super basic shirts/shorts/ect, and the disparity in quality and creativity is laughable.

Zephyr Ceferino's Princess

Fluffy Kitten

Druddigon
Doesn't Loyal count for a gold shop update? I figure that might have been the reason.

It better not. That is completely unfair to all people still locked out because of the stupid counter glitch they've never fixed.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff