Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

if you will try to calculate the pricing, it is better to buy the single box rather than the packs. why, you ask?
• each project box costs 99GC
• 99GC x 5 boxes = 495 GC (whereas the 5 pack costs 499GC in the cash shop)
• 99GC x 10 boxes = 990 GC (whereas the 10 pack costs 999GC in the cash shop)

As for the 50 pack and 25 pack pricing, it is better to buy two 25 packs rather than one 50 pack.
• 25 pack costs 1999GC
• 50 pack costs 3999GC
• 25 pack cost x 2 = 3998GC

Undead Enchantress

Watch them apply discounts to the bundles soon.
Gaia either can't count, or coldly calculates on users to be unable to count.

Either option seem quite telling of the current management...

Kindly Fatcat

abandoned_nr_19857864
Gaia either can't count, or coldly calculates on users to be unable to count.

Either option seem quite telling of the current management...

It's pathetic really, I wish they'd quit indulging in that mindset, it just oozes stupidity. ._.

Codger

abandoned_nr_19857864
coldly calculates on users to be unable to count.

It's not so much that users are unable to math as they're unwilling to. Gaia banks on the fact that, much of the time, items are impulse purchased, which precludes a willingness to do the math, and the ease with which the items can be bought makes it much easier to purchase on impulse. You can see the outcome here, I'm sure.

It's an ethically dodgy practice, but it's quite common with online store fronts (a more prominent example is Amazon, which has the further enticement of, "Add X$ and qualify for free shipping!" to get you to spend more even when you know not adding the extra item would cost you less than paying for shipping) and there's nothing illegal about it, as it's not deceptive or false advertising.

Loyal Exhibitionist

I think it's more priced for convenience.

I mean, I'd rather eat the extra 9 GC buying a 10 pack than buy 10 singles.

But, really, the option is there for fugal people and penny-pitchers. razz

Wind-up Waffles

Yeah I think this is a case of convenience at the cost of... well, price. Not a nice way of doing business, but it's a common one.

Inquisitive Shapeshifter

Funniest thing about the convenience argument, What convenience is it really providing?
You don't gotta type a 2,5 or 10 in that little box that asks how many you want.
And if you buy singles, it saves you from opening a bundle to get to the singles,
so any "(in)convenience" has just been entirely negated.

It seems silly to me, after all, they used to be a bit better about making the prices align.

Perfect Saint

I'm actually surprised they did not start off with those usual 20% discounts. People did complain about those as well. For bad math and even for applying discounts all the time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff