Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
                                                SHIROYUKI ;;
                                                ─────────────────────────────── ( ) ──────────

xxPouring the medicinal tea for Selenia, the young girl sighed now satisfied that she could at least mother over the Leopardess for once. Hearing Lola's voice she looked to the petite girl and offered a smile. She could already see how attached the child had grown to the inn keeper which was only natural, for Shiroyuki herself had found herself growing fonder of Selenia every day. "Alright kiddo. But only if you're feeling up to it." In a playful jest she dabbed the girl's nose with her fingertip, before turning to one of the empty cups. She poured some green tea into one and set it on a tray.

"Can you take this over to the shady looking man over there? He's a guest of the inn and we should look after Selenia's customers while she takes a rest. See to it if he needs anything else." Shiroyuki murmured, her voice loud enough for it to carry across the room but at the same time hoped that the bard would pick up on it and continue with the charade. xx

Luna_Light1023

Takarashi
User Image
Lola Willows

Lola looks up at Shiroyuki and nods "Yes I can do that". Taking the tray and seems to be holding it with ease. She walks over to the man and holds up the tray to the man and says "Here you go". She laughs softly she liked the way he talk it sounded funny. Looking at the man she smiles happily and says "I do hope you enjoy your..uh..what are we giving him". She had turned her head as she asked her question. Shrugging it off she says "Please enjoy". She waits for the man to take the tea before she sets down the tray and says to the man "What are you playing" She points to his instrument wondering what it was called. She slowly grew more curious as she looked at it. She thinks about it she tries to ask in riddle "I dont get what your saying, please tell me what your playing". She looks down she thought that was an awful riddle she only knew that she rhymed

Lightbringer

User Image

The 'shady looking man' was always pleased to play along, it's what he did best. His eyes left his strings at the young lady's approach, and when it became apparent that he would need free hands, he allowed the music to fade away. With the care of a newborn, he set the lute down in its case, and accepted the tea with a polite nod. "My thanks. To your politeness, to her kindness, to my health." He said. The bard blew gently on the steaming liquid, then took a sip. Green tea was always a pleasantry. The man enjoyed such drinks over a long period, though, so he set it down on the closest surface to him, then retrieved his instrument once more. In the act, the girl asked him a question, and a fair one at that. "This, dear lady, is what makes the mind muse, the heart humble, and the soul sing." The bard replied as he picked at some strings. He paused in his play, then offered out his beloved lute to the girl. "Would you like to make your soul sing, your majesty?"
User Image
                                                SHIROYUKI ;;

xxEying the bard from across the room, Shiroyuki watched him like a hawk and weary of his every mood. Despite Selenia insisting that she think nothing of the harmless stranger, the girl found it hard to shake off that gut feeling that the man had much more to hide than he had let on. He seemed like someone who carried a dark past, the gloomy ones always do, and sooner rather than later it was bound to catch up to him.

"It's teeeea." She mouthed from the other side, seeing the child hesitate a little as she practiced offering hospitality. Shiro thought of it as endearing as she watched the pair, seeing that Lola was having just as much trouble as she did deciphering his riddles and all that gibberish. "Gee... she's just a kid, at least speak plain English." She muttered quietly, pouring herself a cup of green tea and lightly blew off the steam. xx

Luna_Light1023

Takarashi
User Image
Lola Willows

She laughs as she was starting to understand him. She only getting the gist of what he was saying. She smiles happily as he offered to let her play. Slowly she pulls one string gentle. After she heard it make a sound as she played it she had been learning by herself to play a play a string instrument. She gets closer and begins to try to remember the song she learned. She slowly plays more and sings very softly. She was playing slightly good she wasnt the best at both singing and playing the instrument but it wasnt terrible. She was singing a lullaby her grandmother sung to her before she died. That was where she was first dropped of at but when she died her parents started to drop her off with random people.

Lightbringer

User Image

As the young lady accepted the lute and began to play, the bard closed his eyes and allowed himself to sway to the music. For any missed fingering or otherwise disruption in the melody, he didn't show it in his features. The man was a lover of music, from novice to master. He did not dare breathe a word until the girl had finished, at which point his eyes were opened once more. "You feel it, don't you? The magic in the music?" He asked her softly. "Everywhere you go, that magic will follow you. In the the sunlight or the darkness, it will watch over you. If you never forget it, you will never be alone."

raii-m

Luna_Light1023
User Image
                                                SHIROYUKI ;;

xxHearing the soft and gentle sound of Lola's voice, the female smiled as she rested her face against the palm of her hand. Despite not knowing much about the poor girl's family or circumstances, she found it incredibly lucky that at least Lola had managed to find a safe and warm place. As she sipped her tea, not once did Shiroyuki take her eyes off the mysterious bard. Now that she thought of it, he had ever yet to reveal his name or his origins. Even as Selenia had previously made an attempt to ward off the girl's suspicion, she found herself morbidly intrigued and more than ever determined to unravel the mystery to the nameless musician.

Slipping out of her seat Shiroyuki crossed the room to momentarily join the pair in their musical delight. She smiled at Lola as the young girl finished. "You have a lovely voice Lola. We should definitely get you to sing more." The female murmured, her voice pleasant but the smile never quite reached her eyes. Her gaze was fixed on the man and impatiently she drummed her fingers against her bare waist. A man of no name, no origin, no past and no desire.

Yeah right.

"Hey Riddleman answer me this." Shiroyuki murmured leaning over the young girl and gently prying the lute free from her petite hands once she had finished. She cradled the instrument against her small form, however looked unwilling to let go of it any time soon. "What's a Pied Piper without his magic pipe?" xx

Luna_Light1023

Takarashi

Lightbringer

User Image

((I think Luna's turned in for the night, so I'll just keep going.))

The time in the inn had been rather pleasant for the man. He had played, talked, and dreamed, as as he strived to do with every passing day. To say that it was difficult to get under his skin would be saying it in a very generous manner - it was almost as if nothing even fazed him. But when the lady of suspicion took his lute from the hands of the girl, there was a catch in his breath. Neither anger nor fear crossed the man's expression, merely a stillness. It were as though his heart had been ripped from his chest, and he hadn't the time to properly express what this had done to him. When the question came forth, it all made sense. The man's stillness persisted for a moment, and then he leaned back, folded one of his legs over his knees, and weaved his delicate fingers together. Despite his precious lute being held captive, his outward appearance was completely calm. "The piper without his pipes is a bird without its wings. Its heart beats and its lungs breathe, but it does not truly live." The bard said to her.

raii-m
User Image
                                                SHIROYUKI ;;

xxThere was nothing but a hitch in the male's breath. Having expected something a little more than just a dumbfounded look, Shiroyuki was admittedly disappointed with what little reaction she could muster from the young man. Her eyes fell to the instrument, admiring both the craftsmanship and utmost care under its current ownership. Her small fingers ran along the slither of strings, the sound that emitted was strange and whiney as if it the lute itself was protesting. This was his most precious and treasured item, the one thing that she was confident that she could use as leverage over the bard. Her eyes then returned to meet the intense gaze of the male. He seemed composed at the time but she had known that from even the smallest quiver in his breath, she finally managed to stir something inside him.

"Oh so you do have feelings. And here I was beginning to wonder if you were made of stone." She grinned, taking a cautious step away from the male as she looked him over. Despite his casual disposition, Shiro was weary. This was her one and only rare chance, and she couldn't imagine him letting her anywhere near his lute ever again. "Well... how's it feel Mr Piper? How's it feel to have your heart robbed from you?" She asked and despite her playful tone, her eyes conveyed something much more serious. Shiroyuki did not enjoy taunting most people in such a way but somehow this man had driven her to a new low point. xx

Takarashi
                                                buhahahaha i want to milk this as much as possible xDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Lightbringer

User Image

The man let out a long, slow breath. A sigh, one could say, of disappointment. What exactly he meant by it, though, it was hard to say. "One without a heart does not feel. They are empty. There is no depth of sadness or height of joy. There is merely being, and patience. The patience to wait out the being, until all returns to nothing." Even in this disrupted state, it seemed that he couldn't let go of his manner of speaking. But as the bard gazed at the woman, a certain sharpness came into his eye. "The important question is, what does the one who robbed the heart feel? They have their own, and another. Two distinct lives, with all their joys and sorrows, cradled into one body."

raii-m
User Image
                                                SHIROYUKI ;;

xxWhat a gloomy guy, Shiroyuki thought. Even as she held his precious lute hostage, the young man had made no move to recover it yet. Perhaps she had been mistaken in the first place? No, the girl shook her head. She was sure that she stirred something inside him. She could sense it, something changing in him but he did well to hide it. "Your clever way with words won't work on me." She warned him, her eyes narrowing with mounting suspicion. Indeed he was trying to turn the tables back on her and she did for the record feel rather stupid for holding a bard's tool ransom.

But to answer his question, Shiro paused. "Confident." She pulled the lute closer to her body. "Confident that you will do what you must to get it back. There's no way you would be so easily part with your beloved instrument." Which then brings us back to the original point of the whole charade. "I know a lie when I hear one so don't test me Piper. If you want your lute back you must answer my questions truthfully." She tensed under his sharpened gaze, and shifted uncomfortably on her feet. "Firstly, where did you come from and why have you come to this village?" xx

Takarashi

Lightbringer

User Image

"Truth." A single chuckle escaped him. He pressed his thumbs together and breathed. "I weave stories because they are easier to accept than the truth. But very well, have your naked honesty, and let your mind letch over it. I come from a castle in the clouds, one that was destroyed. Once in the pursuit of freedom, and again in honor of the fallen. I have come to this village because I have no reason to be anywhere else. I am simply here." He said with a gentle shrug. "I can understand if you find my replies ill fitting, for I am not fitted for this world."

raii-m
User Image
                                                SHIROYUKI ;;

xxShiroyuki felt her hair stand on ends when the male chuckled. There was something about it that seemed condescending and made her feel foolish for spinning up such a ill contrived plan in the first place. A frown made its way to the girl's face as she listened, not quite satisfied with the vague answer that he had given. Why for the life of him couldn't he just speak plain English?

"Then...?" The female uttered with a slightly shaky breath. "Does that not make you human?" She clutched the lute as if her life had depended on it, cradling it protectively and refused to return the instrument to its rightful owner until she could juice out as much as she could from the mysterious bard. "Then what are you?" She asked again albeit a little impatiently. Heaven forbid should she cross another man similar to him, she wouldn't be able to take so much eccentricity and riddles all at once. Careful so that he could not evade the question, Shiroyuki stared at the man square in the eye. "And your name. What do you call yourself?" xx

Takarashi

Lightbringer

User Image

His stare remained fixed, but as the bard spoke, one could see the distance growing in his orange eye. He spoke and acted attentively, but like with his music, it was as though he was leaving - or, perhaps, returning - to somewhere else. "What defines a human? Is it anatomy? The concept of self importance? The ability to love? I do not know. I possess the shape, preserve my being, and show compassion to others. The only certainty I have of myself is that I exist." He paused. "I do have name. I am Shin. Count your good fortune that it is freely given, for the last person that desired my name, I played twenty questions with them for it."

raii-m
User Image
                                                SHIROYUKI ;;

xxThe girl stared wide-eyed her mouth agape with disbelief. "Shin?" She repeated as if she had not heard correctly the first time. "Did you say it was Shin?" Shiroyuki stressed, her face frowning deeply as if she was unable to come to terms with her new found piece of information. "And I would have thought you would have some crazy fancy name from whatever land of clouds you came from." Unable to contain it any longer she broke into a fit of laughter, her entire body trembling but still careful enough to cradle the lute protectively in her arms. Wiping the tears from the corner of her eyes she sighed with relief. The tension had virtually dissipated and what was left was a rather satisfied Shiroyuki. "And here I thought you were like some God or angel." She laughed a little.

Approaching the male she held the lute out to him, a sign that she was willing to settle with a temporary truce. His name seemed to be the most important thing Shiroyuki learned today. A simple and short name, which she in fact did like. "Is the kanji for it written as 'truth'?" The girl asked quietly as she returned him his beloved instrument. "I'm sorry I bullied you, I'm not sure what came over me." Shiroyuki confessed. She found it hard to describe but it felt as if she had been unwittingly been bewitched by some unknown magic. Learning his name however undid whatever spell that held her curiosity captive for the last few hours. "But now I can see... even though you speak a little strangely you're just like us. A Shin-kun who is patient and clever at hiding his thoughts." xx

Takarashi
                                                真 - she means this kanji

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas