• Miasmal Investigator 100
  • Bonfire Starter 500
chinotenshi
Chocobo Princess
chinotenshi
Chocobo Princess
chinotenshi
Chocobo Princess

Oooch, that would be harsh if you also have a job that includes morning hours. sweatdrop
Yeaaaah. I get up around 5:30-5:45 to leave for work around 8. sweatdrop I am not a morning person. If I decide not to shower in the morning (usually in winter cause my shower is too damn cold), I let myself sleep in until nearly 6:30! biggrin

I am also not a morning person, and I also abominate cold showers. Two hours. eek Wow, such dedication. I have to teach a class at 7:45am this fall, but it's a quad, so it lasts for only 8 or 9 weeks.

My bathroom has no heating so it gets to be just about as cold as it is outside in there. I usually stick to showers and baths at night during winter as a result.

Luckily, my school doesn't start classes until 8:45, but I've gotta be there by 8:20 for the daily morning staff meeting. However, it only takes 10 minutes to get there on my bicycle, so usually leave right before 8. If it rains and I have to walk, it takes about a half hour and totally screws up my morning routine.

Daily staff meeting? eek We have a departmental meeting once a month if it's a busy year. xd Those end up being in the afternoon, though, at a time when none of us has class.
I teach in Japan. We have a daily 10-minute staff meeting so everyone is caught up on what needs to be announced to classes that day, what meetings are gonna be held after school, any trouble incidences, etc. First Thursday of the month we have an after school meeting that goes on FOREVER about events, standardized tests, ect. We also have weekly department meetings, though the head of the English department doesn't like one of the other English teachers (NO ONE likes him because he's a depressing a** that just puts the department down whenever he opens his mouth) so she usually cancels the meetings. whee

Very organized. I teach at a university in the US. We have meetings when our chairperson comes up with a topic for us to discuss, but we're not in charge of making announcements to students, so we don't have to deal with that headache.

Busy Bunny's Widow

Sweet Spirit

yukiko347

are you enjoying it so far at least? o v o

🔮

g: 256
          r: 130

Interesting Dabbler

22,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Autobiographer 200
I love when threads like this appear! I've always loved this site and it's nice to see that other people kept with it too! smile

Desirable Survivor

13,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
bump I am a bit confused at this event

Dangerous Brawler

12,375 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Chocobo Princess
ZIGOKU
Chocobo Princess
ZIGOKU
every one enjoying their night here?

Yes~! User Image I am, anyway; I am thoroughly enjoying the theme of this event. And you?

oh just killing sometime while i run a virus scan and do some invo count but just checking out the event now

Oh, virus scan; I did that earlier in the week. Isn't this event great?! I'm having a wonderful time already. I hope you are, too.

still checking things out for the event damn toads outside my window is trying to get lucky to night i keep hearing his maiting call loud little b*****d
yeah some odd page popped up on my screen when i was in a forum looking over the event my anti virus stopped it from doing a auto down load but just to be safe i'm running a scan now

Tipsy Lunatic

Grim1989
chinotenshi
Grim1989
chinotenshi
Grim1989

whooo, I think I have found the ultimate moonie...do you have a Sailor Moon tat? emotion_sweatdrop
A friend of mine has the locket on her chest.
I'm not an ultimate moonie, I'm a hipster moonie. I started watching Sailor Moon when R was still being broadcast on Japanese TV. emotion_dealwithit I had a friend who moved to my town from Japan and her grandmother would tape SailorMoon and a few other of her favorite anime shows every week, then send her the tapes monthly.

No. I've debated getting one but I've got two other planned first that I want to get. If I ever need a mastectomy for breast cancer, instead of getting falsies or implants, I'll probably get a massive chest piece done to hide the scars and incorporate one of the lockets into it.

I started watching Sailor Moon when I was 13-14, caught the show playing season 1 on Cartoon Network. xD
Yeaaaaaaaaaah. I started watching..fall of 1993? sweatdrop No subtitles, no dubbing. No one had even HEARD of it in the US yet. I had no clue what was going on, but I loved it.

I was 3 lol I wouldn't have remembered, but yea you must have a LOT of items. I only got like 2 sailor moon dolls and 1 mini moon and a locket that a friend got me
I don't have any of the original toys from the 90s, so I'm buying things left and right here.

I've got the S.H Figuarts for all five inners and Saturn should arrive on Sunday, the Proplica Moon Stick, all of the new re-releases of the manga EXCEPT vol 2 of Sailor V, half of the 10th anniversary manga re-release, I don't want to count how many gashapon keychains I have, the Moon Pride single CD+blu-ray, the Moon Stick chapstick, three of the eyeliners, the powder compact, the Crisis Moon locket mirror case, a bunch of stickers, a bunch of folders, the extendable pens for the outers, and the Luna/Artemis mug set. Don't ask how much more I have on preorder. sweatdrop

Anxious Ghost

30,975 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • Tree's the Season 100
missyrocksurlife
RavenMad
missyrocksurlife
I feel sooo old on Gaia lol

I do too, I've been on here for almost 10 years now sweatdrop
I've been on here for about 6-7 years, and started when I was already like 17 lol

Haha yeah. My friend got me into it when I was about 13. It was very different back then. We did RP and story forums on here. It was nice, really improved my writing skills. heart

Cyberpumpkin's Princess

Wistful Elder

66,725 Points
  • Potion Master 50
  • Bonfire Starter 500
tiny pluto
Chocobo Princess

right?!
          it was such a great event ; 3 ;
          i still have such a fondness for flarn and for mother pfffff
          i always keep my fingers crossed that gaia's gonna bring them back for a cameo.

do you have any favorite events? 3nodding

🔮

g: 256
          r: 130

I really liked the 4-way battle (Human, Dark Elf, Zombie, Orc) that one Halloween, but I tend to forget which year it was. sweatdrop

I also greatly enjoyed the Summer Event last year with the beach games in Towns 2. I had a ton of fun partying up with other teammates to take on teams from other towns (Barton forever~!).

Tipsy Lunatic

Knitesky
chinotenshi
Knitesky
-is 21-
my birthday was in April
yum_puddi
Me too! BIRTHDAY BUDDIES! 4laugh

Cept I turned 30. sweatdrop

Yay birthday buddies! c'x
mine was on the first, when was yours o u o?
14th! I had a friend growing up who's birthday was on the 1st. Poor thing got teased so much in elementary school.

Gracious Fatcat

4,600 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Nick_austin90
But I've been seeing a lot of Gaian around our age lately. Maybe its just me....
nah same here, I already graduated college but here i am~

Tipsy Lunatic

Chocobo Princess
chinotenshi
Chocobo Princess
chinotenshi
Chocobo Princess

I am also not a morning person, and I also abominate cold showers. Two hours. eek Wow, such dedication. I have to teach a class at 7:45am this fall, but it's a quad, so it lasts for only 8 or 9 weeks.

My bathroom has no heating so it gets to be just about as cold as it is outside in there. I usually stick to showers and baths at night during winter as a result.

Luckily, my school doesn't start classes until 8:45, but I've gotta be there by 8:20 for the daily morning staff meeting. However, it only takes 10 minutes to get there on my bicycle, so usually leave right before 8. If it rains and I have to walk, it takes about a half hour and totally screws up my morning routine.

Daily staff meeting? eek We have a departmental meeting once a month if it's a busy year. xd Those end up being in the afternoon, though, at a time when none of us has class.
I teach in Japan. We have a daily 10-minute staff meeting so everyone is caught up on what needs to be announced to classes that day, what meetings are gonna be held after school, any trouble incidences, etc. First Thursday of the month we have an after school meeting that goes on FOREVER about events, standardized tests, ect. We also have weekly department meetings, though the head of the English department doesn't like one of the other English teachers (NO ONE likes him because he's a depressing a** that just puts the department down whenever he opens his mouth) so she usually cancels the meetings. whee

Very organized. I teach at a university in the US. We have meetings when our chairperson comes up with a topic for us to discuss, but we're not in charge of making announcements to students, so we don't have to deal with that headache.
Occasionally I have to take over an afternoon homeroom for announcements/cleaning, but usually none of the stuff in the morning meeting apply to me, unless it's a health check or test day.

Versatile Model

ShaylaSakura
RustyRobot
24-year-old here. What's uuuuup? cool

I am 24 as well. ^_^

It's a pretty good age to be.
I've been on Gaia since I was 13 (back in 2003), and I just couldn't keep away.
Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. It has its pros and cons, I guess. lol

Anxious Fisher

This thread describes me perfectly. burning_eyes

Tipsy Lunatic

ZIGOKU
chinotenshi
Woo! I managed my first kill of the event! biggrin

And damnit. I still haven't made breakfast and it's nearly 1pm. gonk

might want to make brunch then and if so i'll have some red steak curry with extra onions and green peppers on jasmine rise
Let's see...*opens fridge* I currently have....milk, orange juice, two tomatoes, some eggs, and some lettuce. That's it.

Cyberpumpkin's Princess

Wistful Elder

66,725 Points
  • Potion Master 50
  • Bonfire Starter 500
chinotenshi
Chocobo Princess
Hillbilly Hikari

Sometimes it does feel kinda weird being so much older than the target generation. But I've spent years on this site, and it helped me over some real hard time. I can't imagine starting over somewhere new.

I'm 43, and I joined Gaia more than 11 years ago; I'm not even sorry. xp I don't waste time apologizing for my age. I'm here because I enjoy being part of this community.

I guess I should add, though, that I'm also in a guild for those over 30, so I have a place on Gaia to complain about taxes and health insurance costs. xd
There's a guild for people over 30? Maybe I should join. My current guild is dead because everyone went off to college and stopped coming on Gaia.

You'd be very welcome to join; it's called Over 30 and Gaian. I think they request that an applicant's birthdate be visible on her or his profile (so we know the person is over 30 years old), but that's about it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff