• Hero 100
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Stars was AMAZING

Tipsy Lunatic

Shiro Mitsuko
Stars was AMAZING
I know, right?! whee

Alien Cosmonaut

S as well. Hotaru will always be one of my top favourite anime characters.

Z XI R O's Queen

Bitway Ozrock
S as well. Hotaru will always be one of my top favourite anime characters.

same! sailor saturn ftw. gaia_star

Trundlebug's Wife

Tiny Fatcat

Ooo, that's tough. I think each season has at least one strong point about it that I really enjoy. The original has my favorite animator. R ... ... well I like Sapphir, I guess. (I don't like R much.) S blows everything but Stars out of the water in terms of style. SuperS has some of the best comedy writing in the whole series (probably to make up for some pretty lackluster plotlines). And nothing matches the stakes and gravitas of Stars.

I think S is still probably my favorite. The music, the writing: the shift in tone couldn't have happened at a better time. It isn't even that the anime takes itself more seriously - some of the Professor Tomoe gags are the funniest in the season, and the ends of seasons 1 and 2 are both very serious - but rather that there is just an overall dark and serious shift, where the stakes feel more real. Usually a dark and serious shift in a light-hearted anime is out of place, but weirdly enough for this anime it really pays off. heart

Stars is a very close second though. The stakes are never higher than in Stars, and I love episode 200 to pieces, but I feel like a lot of the comedy writing disappears in Stars and that while that is stylistically appropriate, it makes the day-to-day episodes a little of a slog.

Magical Shounen

9,550 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The original is near and dear to me, but Sailor Moon Super was my favorite. It was really different from the previous two, and even the ones that follow. I really enjoyed how Chibiusa matured compared to R (she REALLLLYYYYY annoyed me back then, ahaha).

The relationship between her and Hotaru gave me feels, and Mistress 9 is absolutely my favorite villain.

Questionable Warlord

Definitely S and Stars as my second favorite.

Magical Senshi

The Super S and Stars seasons were my favorite. I like how Chibiusa matured and she is one of my favorite characters.
Yume is my favorite arc of the manga, but my favorite season of the anime is R easily.

Lavish Bear

14,650 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
R and S heart

Shy Regular

S is also my favorite. Mostly because of it's darker plot than the other seasons.
And the introduction of Sailor Chibi Moon.
And Hotaru.
And Pluto.
Gotta love those two. <3
Seriously, I was completely CRAZY over this season when it was airing back in the late 90's on Toonami. I didn't even care that Usagi had a different voice. I ended up loving it. <3

And then along came SuperS with it's cheesy way too lighthearted plot.

And the downgrading of Super Sailor Moon.

Pegasus was an insult to the SuperS anime if anything. :

I did not like SuperS all that much. Except for the Amazoness Quartet. I loved them. And the Inner Senshi's new upgrades.

Other than that, the season was okay.
Just....
Pegasus. stressed scream burning_eyes

SuperS is my least favorite season.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items