Welcome to Gaia! ::

Issues started on ooc pg 97. What do we do now?

Completely re-start the whole rp. 0.5 50.0% [ 5 ]
Re-vamp the power level system, training system and other systems only 0.5 50.0% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 10 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 101 102 103 > >> »|

Dedicated Poster

8,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Popular Thread 100
We have someone to join, taking up Krillen, and King kai. And if Oozaru Goku does not respond to my PM by Saturday then this person will also be taking up Goku. Even so Oozaru's chances of continuing with us is getting slimmer, he has not been active and he made that oc but never began posting him. I will not keep pestering him to be active when it seems he clearly doesn't want to be.

Or Real life is simply too busy for him to be able to keep up with the roleplay. either way we may be getting someone to replace him.
Hey everyone. I'm Geha. I'm really stoked to be joining all of you. Like Kris said I'll be joining as King kai and Krillin. So if anyone wants to plot I'm always open for it. Other than that I look forward to roleplaying with all of you c:

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500
I hope we get a bunch of good jokes outta you. xd

Desirable Smoker

Why is Broly's pl back up go 90,000? Technically he was poisoned two hours ago Rp time tops. Even if he was cured by Artemis, which he still hasn't , it should still be effecting him a lot.
Servant Reborn
I hope we get a bunch of good jokes outta you. xd

You bet!

Canny Trickster

random-man-will

Kris-Nyan87

Akira Toriyama articles - the articles, comments and such that mention things about super, the super saiyan states, and what not, are mostly gathered from the various published interviews of toriyama. Some of them can be found in the DB wikia if you look.

---------------------

Super saiyan - Not necesarrily, remember they were able to find a way to improve the basic super saiyan transformation by three methods if ou think about it and considering what toriyama said about the super saiyan 2 and 3 being stronger variations of the basic form.

We have increased energy output variations; Ascended and Ultra forms. We have a controlled, natural variation; Full powered form. And then we have increased energy variations; SSJ 2 &3.

So if you were to scale it back to SSJ1 and think about it, you could technically apply what you learned of the other variations to make the base form that much stronger. It probably helps that they obtained the forms to begin with, that way their bodies know the increases in power so it can be applied to the base form. rmemeber a lot of these numbers were just thrown out there, they don't really mean a damn thing in DBZ, so keeping that in mind, it makes sense.

Here

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Saiyan

look at the end of the paragraph under the power and useage area, between the pictures of long haired ssj gohan in the HBTC and ssj future gohan, to see it. It states toriyama's word on the super saiyan form and gives a cited source for it, tag 35.

--------------------------------------

Gohan - He probably didn't transform because he thought he probably couldn't. Remember old kai told him to power up like he was going super saiyan in order to finally bring out his hidden power to the surface. So he might have thought he lost it somehow, like the power had been absorbed into his new form. That by itself would makes sense, seeing as how ultimate gohan was the strongest character up to that point, even more than gotenks absorbed super buu, who used picollo's knowledge of gohan and tactics to outsmart gohan rather than face him head on in a struggle of might.

He likely did a little bit of training after buu was finished to acclimate back to normal life with his new power, so he wouldn't break everything, and discovered he still had super saiyan.

----------------------------------

LSSJ - but then that would defeat the purpose of there being a LSSJ... that there's only one, in like, every 1000 years. I'll be honest, I'm resistant to even having broly in the rp until it was time to have brought him in, and I'm especially resistant to there being another LSSJ roaming around.

----------------------------------

Freiza - Nope, freiza was a spoiled brat because of his power, he had a s**t ton of power that just came to him, backed up by a wealth of talent, all of which was squandered because he never trained.

Remember cooler's personality type is one that won't allow him to trail behind others willy nilly, he likely put in decades of hard training just to get to the point where he was in cooler's revenge. Yes we see a true form cooler trouncing on goku, but remember, goku wasn't in his SSJ form for that, and even in his combat form, cooler wasn't even really a challenge for goku once he went SSJ.

So while yeah, at the time, freiza was stronger than cooler, while they were both in their true forms, but cooler probably was stronger than namek time line freiza while he was in his combat form. But as we saw in resurrecton of F, if freiza put any kind of training into his power, his true form's power would be absolutely monstrous, enough so he wouldn't even need a combat form like cooler.

Desirable Smoker

iGeha
Hey everyone. I'm Geha. I'm really stoked to be joining all of you. Like Kris said I'll be joining as King kai and Krillin. So if anyone wants to plot I'm always open for it. Other than that I look forward to roleplaying with all of you c:
I'm digging your Goku post man, spot on. Even Krillin looked good
Dat Cancer
iGeha
I'm digging your Goku post man, spot on. Even Krillin looked good

Thank you.

Dangerous Capitalist

4,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Sorry for the wait guys; real life has been keeping me plenty busy, friends and family won't stop badgering me and I can't get a lick of me time.

As for what is mentioned above, Cooler is only this strong at the moment because he has trained to reach it while Frieza is simply naturally strong; training acts as a multiplier, sometimes as simple as x0.2, but in Frieza's case he is a prodigy (mutation) that was born unbelievably strong which is why he could reach a God form with just four months of training. I also think that it is possible that the forms Cooler and Frieza possess are not species exclusive, but Cold Family exclusive; we've never seen their race outside of Cold's Family use multiple forms, so it might be a mutation that is exclusive to the Cold Family hence the different forms (Combat Form, God Form). Cooler will eventually grow out of using the combat form and rely on training his base form, since his drive to train and improve himself.

As for the topic of the Legendary Super Saiyan, Bral wasn't going to be good; I fully planned on her being a bloodthirsty warrior when in the Legendary state and because of her Earth based upbringing, would be reluctant to use the form in fear of hurting people she might get close to during the events of the role-play. Even in her regular state, she will have many Saiyan qualities (lacking manners, appetite, crude ideas of social quos and how Earthling social quos are ridicules), as well as a constant desire to distinguish herself from the original Broly in order to prove herself as an individual rather then just a clone, a copy. The point of Bral was never for the power of the Legendary form, but since Bio-Broly was such a terrible movie in terms of DBZ, I wanted to add a spin to it to make it not totally suck. If it fit, I'd do a clone of another character because I find the idea of finding one's own identity to be an interesting character (Reason why I took up Lord Slug rather then one of the better movie villains). I even played wit the idea that she could be trained by Mr. Satan and refuse to use Ki attacks because Mr. Satan's master was killed by one. If you're all in disagreement of her being in the role-play at some point, I don't want to upset anyone and will forgo her creation; she wouldn't be running around destroying stuff though, if we go with what is planned, Bulma would likely discourage such behavior.
Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone wanted Krillin somewhere to just quote me. I'm kind of going to be doing training posts otherwise.

Dedicated Poster

8,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Popular Thread 100
will do, if you choose to go to the lookout and train, might give gohan something to do while guarding the dragonballs so far gathered up there.

Alastor Phoenix's Partner

Dapper Loiterer

9,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

POST COMING SOON! Enjoy this pic while you wait X3
Sorry I haven't posted. Been under a little case of writer's block

Dangerous Capitalist

4,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
I was just waiting on a few people.

Not sure how to proceed with Slug; he's pretty outclassed at the moment and he needs at least a part of a breather to go into his gigantic form. I'm thinking to have Slug's elites try to capture Piccolo so they can force a surrender out of the Z-Fighters.

Romantic Businessman

6,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Sorry for my absence. I mpved into my dorm about month or so ago and I havent had internet out here until now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff