Welcome to Gaia! ::

When I was in school, bullying was different. I got cut up with a knife, that was bullying. My fiancee got beaten so bad that she started spitting up blood. A kid I went to school with got his teeth chipped, and another one got his arms broken. That was bullying.

Nowadays, people are concerned when one kid calls another one fat. And there's "cyber bullying" which is completely avoidable with the use of an ignore button or just turning off the computer. Bullying is no longer an issue and I challenge you to prove me wrong.

Suicide statistics need not apply. A real bully would finish the job themselves. These people who kill themselves over being called a few names aren't victims of bullying, they're victims of mental disorders and personality disorders. Thanks.
That is not bullying that is just violence unless they kept beating you up as their punching bag. Yes bullying can be violent, but most bullying even in your time (when ever that was) was mainly words and pranks. It is usually used to feel superior than others by belittling others.
Just because you don't here about violence doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Also, bullying does not imply physical trauma. Emotional damage is real and sometimes just turning off the computer isn't enough. If a kid is being cyberbullied they are probably being bullied in real life too. I don't see why you think suicide rates are irrelevant but ok. What about depression rates? Those are higher in kids now than they have ever been. Physical injuries can heal but emotional ones can last for life. Sure, I agree to an extent that people might be getting too worked up some name calling or whatever. But you have to understand that there are many instances that go beyond that and they are real. Has it ever occurred to you that the bullying resulted in the mental disorder? Our minds are susceptible to damage just like any other part of our body.
You're correct in some aspects. I think kids still get bullied pretty harshly nowadays though, even though in some cases the victim suffers from self-esteem issues and insecurities.

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Honestly, that sounds like flat out assault :/ bullying is bullying whether its verbal or physical, whether it happens in person or online.

Newbie Noob

I Am Unknowing
When I was in school, bullying was different. I got cut up with a knife, that was bullying. My fiancee got beaten so bad that she started spitting up blood. A kid I went to school with got his teeth chipped, and another one got his arms broken. That was bullying.

Nowadays, people are concerned when one kid calls another one fat. And there's "cyber bullying" which is completely avoidable with the use of an ignore button or just turning off the computer. Bullying is no longer an issue and I challenge you to prove me wrong.

Suicide statistics need not apply. A real bully would finish the job themselves. These people who kill themselves over being called a few names aren't victims of bullying, they're victims of mental disorders and personality disorders. Thanks.
^ This
Bullying is as much of a thing as it used to be, and you were more likely getting murdered rather than bullied.
Cutting people up with knives was never considered bullying.

Besides, the verbal bullying and persons being left out can have severe consequences aswell.

I do think things are being exaggerated, but that's not just bullying, that applies to a lot of things like fat acceptance, gay acceptance, feminism and whatnot.
Everyone needs to suck it up and focus on the real problems in life.

Sparkling Man-Lover

12,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
I Am Unknowing

Quote:
Bullying is no longer an issue and I challenge you to prove me wrong.

arrow You're wrong. Bullying takes many shapes and forms, and just because it's not as brutal as the kind of bullying you experienced it does not mean that it's over.

Quote:
Suicide statistics need not apply. A real bully would finish the job themselves.

arrow What's a "real bully"?
arrow I smell a no true scotsman here.

Quote:
These people who kill themselves over being called a few names aren't victims of bullying, they're victims of mental disorders and personality disorders. Thanks.

arrow Triggered by bullies..

Tipsy Smoker

What makes you an expert?

Greedy Consumer

We are doing some real math here.
Bullying is no longer a real issue.
Its an imaginary issue.
lol.

Fanatical Zealot

It still happens today, just not as frequently.

Also other forms of bullying are still pretty bad.

Interesting Detective

11,175 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
You know, I think it's less about the fact that there's more or less bullying, and more about how we deal with it as a society. Back when I was a kid, if someone was bullying you, the adults either took care of it, or you dealt with it yourself. When I was geting bullied repeatedly, I fought them back. Once. Bullies aren't tough guys; if they were, they'd go after bigger prey. All you have to do is stand up for yourself. But, nowadays we're supposed to teach children to never strike back, to roll into a ball and give up.

And as for cyber-bullying...well, come on. Unless you know the person in real life who's giving your trouble, you shouldn't give two shits about what they have to say. And if you do know them in real life, confront them and make sure they know you won't take it sitting down.

Fanatical Zealot

Yeah, I know right? Back in my day, we used to stab people and break bones, and if we did well enough, they sent us to a place where people like us were concentrated, and then we go put into the military to try to "shape us up", when were got to have a job to stab people and break bones, except with like explosions and s**t!

What the hell happened? These days all you fags just talk poorly about people on the internet. Do you know how easy that is, and how worthless? You got to really make people hurt to be considered good at this s**t. You wimps.

/sigh

Dangerous Poster

It's like whining that people whine too much. So productive. rolleyes

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out